Doctors at John Hopkins

I am going to John Hopkins for a second opinion on an area of my right cerebellum that I was told was "scar tissue" from a previous surgery and now I'm being told it's a tumor with a cyst which needs to be romoved.
The dotors I was assigned to are Dr. Daniele Rigamonti and Dr. Jon Weingart. Does anyone have any experience with either of them or with John Hopkins for that matter?
Thank you,
Shawn

4 replies. Join the discussion

The best Doctor at JHH is George Jallo (spinal surgeon). He has a huge experience in untethering of spinal cord.

I wish I could help you on that subject. I hope the doctors can help you. Stay strong and good bless

Yes, Dr. Rigamonti did brain surgery for a VHL tumor I had a number of years ago. I still see him and he is supposed to be one of the best. Although I eventually recovered fully, it was a long haul. He is very hard to reach and his secretary is awful, but there is a very nice PA now working with him named Dawn. Try to speak with her

Beth in MD

Thank you Blichy. At this point it seems like Dr. Weingart is tking the lead on my case. I have to send my dicsc (mri) to Dr.Lonser at the NIH to see what he says. The tumor is totally non-symptomatic...so eventhough it isn't causing any problems I gues they don't want it to get too big.

Hope all is well with you.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the VHL Alliance

Help the VHL Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the VHL Alliance

Discussion topics

From the VHL Alliance

Community leaders