weeping edema

I 've known that i had CVI since 2007. i've seen the hyperpigmentation since late 20's. 2009 began showing advanced lipodermatosclerosis with one hospitalisation for cellulitis. 2011 started occasional ulcers. 2012 began with weeping edema. Can anyone foretell the progression to come or suggest a simple recovery method?

5 replies. Join the discussion

I don't think there is a simple recovery method. I am a PT assistant and have had many patients with weeping edema. Has your doctor ever thought about putting you in a Una boot. It is a pink wrap that helps with the wounds and weeping and decreases the swelling. Once the swelling is under control the weeping should stop. I hope this helps. Take care, Judy

Thank you. Indeed, controlling the swelling did help to end the weeping. And proper wound care kept the weeping fluid from further damaging skin.

Do you wear compression stockings or lymphadema garments? I wear the stockings during the day and wear the lymphadema garments at night. I am trying now to get Medicare to approve a lymphadema pump so I won't have to wear the garments at night. My legs look and feel better than they have in years, once I got most of the swelling under control.

I have no insurance currently. But i began wearing compression stockings full-time and elevation as much as possible. Thank you for the advice. You were right. When then swelling decreased the weeping stopped. Again, thank you.

You are welcome. Glad to be of help. Take care of yourself.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders