Pad and social security disability

Just want to let you know that you can get social security disability for pad I did and it only took me a year to get it it. is in there blue book of listings. So if you have pad check it out.

8 replies. Join the discussion

i was fotunate i got disability less then 90days with pad i also have copd and was delcare disable by the va. which help.

I was 55 when I got my ssdi and all that I had wrong with me was my pad.

what qualified you with PAD my ABIs are 56on the left and 86 on the right at rest i've had 2 sets of stents angioplasty on those then the bypass surgery and going back for more narrowing at the base of the graft .How much do i have to go thru to qualify ?? i really have a hard time get from spot A to spot B with drs. saying every time they do surgery it should be fixed its just not happening.Just really getting FRUSTRATED!!

you have to have a vascular surgeon back you up also you have to have medical records to show that you have pad along with test the reason I got it was that my Doctor said there was nothing he could do for me right now I'm only 56 and were my blockage is behind my left knee he could not stent it or by pass it because he said if the bypass failed he would have to take my leg off he said if i was 65 then he would consider it go to ssa website and there blue book listing of impairments under cardiovascular 4.12 I meet the 4.12b but read it carefully you have to match it exactly and if your doctor is going to do a bypass it will hurt your claim because if it works you will no longer be considerd disabled.also your medical records cannot be more than a year old.

i've already had the bypass but the arteries are deterorating below the bypass and im in and out of the hospital 2 stent surgeries along with angioplasty on those2 times then the bypass and going back for more in a few weeks all of this in 4 years it just seems like its never going to stop

that's why i did not get the bypass because the veins in my legs are really bad so all i do is walk as far as ssdi check out listing 4.12 they have a part in there for people who had a bypass.

u must be declare total disable and no chance returning to work.

Resting ankle/brachial systolic blood pressure ratio of less than 0.50. [or] B. Decrease in systolic blood pressure at the ankle on exercise (see 4.00G7a and 4.00C16-4.00C17) of 50 percent or more of pre-exercise level and requiring 10 minutes or more to return to pre-exercise level.
I met the b one.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders