Armour thyroid and the FDA what are they up too!

Hello all, I just wanted to post, as I have come across alot of information about the FDA and Armour thyroid. I am disgusted that it has now come down to people who take this drug not being able to get it from the local pharmacy. I saw a letter posted from the FDA to a person, that pretty much stated that our doctors are prescribing an illegal drug, and that we are going to be forced to start taking the synthetic drugs. I have taken those drugs, and I can't function. I also have a family member in the same boat. What are we going to do, now that the FDA is making the drug unavailable. There is a group on facebook called Save the natural thyroid that you can find more info about this. I don't know what to do! AArghhh.
Valarie

4 replies. Join the discussion

I did not know it was an illegal drug. I have been taking the generic with no problems. Thanks for the info.

It really isn't! The FDA Grandfathered the Natural thyroid medications in, because they have been around longer than the FDA. Now for some reason they are trying to have all natural thyroid medication pulled off the shelves. It is because they want the manufacturers to file a NDA(New Drug Application), even though years ago, they didn't require them to do that. So now they are forcing the drug companies to stop the manufacturing of the drug unless they file a NDA. So you may want to call your local pharmacy, and see how many pills they have available, as it seems most natural thyroid pills are in short supply, and you may very well be soon running into the same problem as alot of others have at this time. My family member called and told me she couldn't get her meds at the local Walmart, where I also fill. I was there last week, and confirmed that they would be able to fill my scrip for a few more months, because they said I am the only one on that high of a dose of Armour. I hope that you do call your pharmacy, and find that they have enough of your medication to fill a scrip, because if not you could very well be looking in alot of places to find it! If you find it, you might want to see if you can fill 3 months at a time. Most mail order places are also not able to get the meds.
Valarie

I have been having the same problem. I started on the synthetics and was unable to be regulated now I am on armour I have been able to find it and supplies are starting to come back. We just have to hang in and not give in we need are meds.

I have been having the same problem. I started on the synthetics and was unable to be regulated now I am on armour I have been able to find it and supplies are starting to come back. We just have to hang in and not give in we need are meds.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders