What does Synthroid cost

I was just told to switch to real synthyroid instead of generic. Any idea how must it costs. I have ins but just kinda curious.

18 replies. Join the discussion

I am in indiana and mine cost around 28 a month. Not so bad.

Thank you

In NY with BCBS and I pay $28 per month.

I think I paid around $20. I'm on something else now but synthroid has been around so long it's not too expensive. You actually get a more stable dose from synthroid versus generic. It was described to me like if you take generic and are on say 125mcg one pill could be 126 one pill could be 124 etc. Synthroid is much more accurate.

I paid $60 for a 90 supply of Synthroid, but I was on Levoxyl which cost $5 for a 90 day supply, until it was recalled. I will go back to Levoxyl if they ever start making it again. This is with insurance.

I filled mine yesterday. Total cost $0.25. Yes, a quarter. 90 day supply. I think you guys get way overcharged in the US! My insurance pays 80% of the med cost + the entire dispensing fee ($10). So that means this is one inexpensive med.

Mine is $24/30 days. You can go online to Synthroid website and get coupon but you have to give them your info which I know some people don't like to do.

My Synthroid is around $20 with insurance. Cytomel is $45.

Jenlynns, don't know what you mean by switching from a generic synthroid to real synthroid? I thought the only one that can be bought is a synthetic one? I've been on Levothyroxine for 30 years.....the synthetic kind prescribed by my dr & now I have all kinds of health issues. It is paid by my insurance & costs around $20/month.
Jen

Oh & that's for 90 day supply

mine $ 12.00, and I have to admit I don't like how it makes me feel, bed metallic taste in my mouth and aluminum/metallic odor after urinating, and the worst is loosing hair. I had TT July 19 and I am taking only 75 mcg of Synthroid. Have apt with my endo October 2. My other option would be to go on Armour,but I am little afraid because I take Estrogen every day (had Total Abdominal Hysterectomy 14 years ago). Originally I started on Levothyroxine and I felt worst...never will go back on it

Also do any of your drs check your TSH plus your T3, T4 and Recessive 3. Also can any of you tell me what your dr/lab says are normal TSH levels?

My latest TSH was 6.49. I've been hypothyroid for over 30 years on this med. I developed Hashimotos disease about 15 years ago with cold nodules on thyroid that has to be biopsied & ultrasound regularly. My dr increasedy dosage from 0.88mg to 1.0 mg. I'm no better & I'm getting all kinds of health problems that I think could be related to being on Levothyroxine for over 30 years. I have osteopenia, vit D deficiency, hair loss, hearing & vision loss, dry skin, chronic constipation, jaw pain, cheek pain, carpal tunnel, chronic insomnia, vaginal dryness & lumps, pelvic pain, nausea. Also I just had a buopsy that tequired 10 samples of tissue from my right breast.

Am I scared? You bet I am! I've been talking with many others who feel this med is killing / damaging their bodies. The first step is to get proper bloodwork done not just TSH. In Canada, apparently the TSH level is 0.3 to 5.5 but apparently it should be more like 1.5 to 2.5 but the dr needs to monitor your symptoms to find out which level will make you feel your optimal best.

Good luck everyone & please ask for the proper bloodwork from your dr or your endocrinologist. My dr won't do it and my niece's dr won't either but her endocrinologist does test it regularly.

Jen

I am on 188 mcg and so I have two pills and both cost me around $53/mo and that is with my insurance. This is for a 30-day supply, maybe I should look at other pharmacies to find a lower price.

Right now I'm paying $84 for Synthroid 137mcg and $206 for Liothyronine (5mcg x 3 per day) in FL, USA. I have no insurance and this is for a 90 day supply.

It ended up being free. Not sure how but ill take it!

Guess no one is gonna reply to my msg. Oh well good luck everyone.

ok this is new to me...i have been on Levothyroxine this past year...is the Synthroid better?????

With insurance $32, without $46. This is in NJ right near NYC.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders