Whacked Out Hormones - Low Energy

Well, after 2 clean scans I was feeling better mentally but dragging with low energy and low mood. That's the wierd part about having thyca for me......the cancer itself is sometimes more curable but it affects a lot of other stuff and it seems to be an on-going health issue. My tsh is still <.02 with 3 dose changes over the last 8 months. It's not budging. I assumed that is why I was so tired.

My family dr. offered to do a testosterone test and it came back really low. I knew a lot of the women on this board had hormone issues after thyca but I never thought to have mine checked. I'm not sure of the link but it's interesting that endocrinologists dose testosterone. I just started on replacement this week and I really hope it is the solution to my low energy.

Thought I would share for the guys out there to have it checked if you are low on energy.

Some days I throw a pitty party for myself and wish I could go back to my healthy, doctor free life prior to thyca but then realize that life is still pretty awesome for me.

5 replies. Join the discussion

Im with ya! This low energy is killing me.....I used to go to the gym and go out dancing 5-6 nights a week. Now I cant seem to get off the sofa, thinking Im gonna end up an old maid! LOL

Hi Brad, I share the annoyance of the seemingly endless search for even a little more energy and stamina. I know my age is a factor, but I still want to do many of the things that I've always done without tiring. I've tried the "Ensure" drink in the mornings and can't really tell any boost in energy. I picked up one of those "5 hr. energy drinks" one day at the commissary and drank it. It gave me about a 15 min. caffeine buzz, and my wife said it made me talk faster, so I haven't had any more of those. I push myself to stay mobile and motivated, but often I push the limits and have to sit down and rest, especially in our hot climate. When having a less than fun round of golf and grumbling, and a playing partner reminds me that I could be laying up in a VA hospital somewhere, that really doesn't do a lot to help my feelings or my golf, even if it is true. So, we plod on with a silly dream that somewhere there may be a fountain of youth just waiting to be discovered.

I hope this will be a great solution for you! I've read a few things about it that were encouraging, so keep the faith.

Please keep us updated. I hope it works great for you!

Have you tried multivitamins? There's one called Fatigued to Fantastic that was made for people with our "conditions" or similar ones. It has gotten great reviews. Its a powder to mix in water and tastes pretty good. I tried it for a little while, but at the time my medication was changing a lot so never really got a good idea if it worked or not.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders