...so how are we handling the insomnia issues?

I can't get to sleep nor stay asleep.

10 replies. Join the discussion

Most nights, me too. Only Ambien is a sure thing.

Oh that is normal with not having a thyroid!? I am still so tired, but I can not fall asleep until 2 am, sometimes later!!!

After two years, I gave up, and take an over the counter sleep aid at night. I only need one pill and I now sleep like a log. I fought it for a long time, and I have no side effects, and have never needed more than this, so its worth it to me. I tried all the natural stuff and none of it worked for me.

Nothing really helped (and i tried everything including a sleep study) until I could lower my dose and get my T4 below 1.4.

I'm either hyper or hypo when that happens. Either or. Just not in balance. Check your numbers and talk to your doctor.

Have you ever tried Melatonin? It is all natural and works real well, at least for me. I t cant hurt to try though right? I take 10mg about 30-45 min before I wnat to go to bed. Then I crawl into bed and make sure the room is nice and dark. It has really helped me

Ambien CR is the only thing that works for me and without it, i don't sleep at it. This at least for me is the norm without my Thyroid.

Hi,

I don 't sleep well either. Staying a sleep is just as hard. Then about 6:00am it happens and I get about two hours of deep sleep. It's frustrating to say the least. OTC's are my go to when I can't do without any more loss of sleep.

Half a tablet of melatonin flattened me for two days. I tried it again a year later with the same result. All I could do was sleep. So, yes, it does work for some but not for me. Many swear by it, so it might be a good starting point for you.

Zoloft, magnesium, calcium.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders