Hello. My name is Julie and I live in Atlanta. I received my FNA results today and they were indeterminate. They said I could have a Hurthel Cell adenoma or Hurthel Cell Neoplasm. I am very confused and do not know what to do. The Endo said I could:
3. Wait 6 weeks and do the conclusive genetic test
4. Get a second opinion
My questions are:
1. Does the genetic nodule test work on Hurthel cells?
2. Where is the absolute BEST place to go for this? Most knowledgable and best surgeons that take care not to destroy nerves or parathyroids? I read Johns-Hopkins, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, Sloan-Kettering, or MD Anderson. But, I will travel anywhere to get this taken care of.
3. Does robotic surgery work on this> My nodule is 2.4 centimeters and I am in my 40's.
4. What about radio-frequency ablation?
5. Can these be benign? My endo said 85% chance it is still benign, but after researching, I am terrified out of my mind.
6. If I have to go on Synthroid, is it as awful as everyone makes it out to be? The people I know that are on it feel great. And Sofia Vergara and Brooke Burke seem to be doing fine, but the comments are so awful and it is scary.
I would really appreciate positive advice. I want to be healthy and to live a long, normal life. I have an amazing husband and two young children who need me and I need my family. I am praying for encouragement and hope that I'm going to be okay. I have never been ill and want to move on with my happy life.