Can anyone please assist me with figuring out how to improve my quality of life as I feel like my energy level is way lower than it was pre-TT and I have experienced other issues since the TT (June 2012) not limited to but including:
- Increased anxiety
- Irritability/mood swings
- Hearing/sound issues (Everything is so loud and bothers me. Coworkers who sit nearby irritate me with their presence and their typing makes my head physically buzz. Also, my hearing is much more pronounced and sounds are much louder to me than others around me. For instance, the closing of a kitchen cabinet will startle me and hurts my ears. The sound of the television from a separate room irritates me beyond normalcy. I never used to be like this.)
- Certain things that used to not bother me, now bother me. Certain things that used to irritate me, irritate me to more of an extreme.
- Stomach feels strange (Full/bloated.. something? It's difficult to describe but I just notice it feels distended or something, internally, and it's uncomfortable and I never had this feeling prior to surgery.)
- Difficulty staying focused on what people are saying when they are communicating with me. (I'm not sure if this is me being perfectionist and trying to ensure everything they are saying is being processed, but I don't think that is it. It's truly a problem. I lose track of what they are saying midway through.)
- Short term memory issues.
- A sense of overall coldness just prior to 'that time of the month' (this particular symptom is not that bothersome but it's just a change as I never noticed this pre-surgery.)
- Feeling like I'm in a bit of a fog. In need of some clarity and calm in my life.
My last TSH level was .28. My endo refuses to allow FT3/FT4 testing. Just had repeat TSH testing, and was told my dosage could be potentially reduced depending on the results of this latest TSH testing (my TSH has only slightly fluctuated since my TT). Will a decrease in dosage likely cause an improvement in terms of the above symptoms? Would cytomel potentially benefit me? Any thoughts on how to improve my current situation?