Pms and a whole lotta emotions

I am having the worst pms symptoms Over the top emotions.. My Endo said its not my lack of a thyroid or my levothyroxine. he said It would be if I didn't get my monthly non friend on time. Anyone else feel bipolar around that time of the month?My levels are back and forth for the last 6 months or I RUN FROM. 3 TSH TO 2.0 THEN DOC RELIZES he needs to jack up dose because I have to be surpressed because of the cancer just so tired of feeling crazy. my current levo... is 224 mcg and no blood test set up till march.Anyone else get like this?

10 replies. Join the discussion

Me me me! I even wrote a post about it today! My husband said he was worried to come home from work not knowing if I would be the old me or the unhappy weepy grumpy me.....

My hubby is the same.JUST CANT WAIT TO BE Me again.

I agree! I just wish others knew that we hate being this way as much as they do. It is quite amazing how much hormones affect us. Hang in there! It is nice to know there are others who have similar issues !

soooo true. My hubby and I even have sat the kids down and explain why i snap so easy.THEY ALL are understanding.. i am blessed that they stick by me.

Non of my doctors prepared me for the after possibilities other than we will see you ever 3 months and you have to admit when you are on this roller coaster its a bit hard with brain fog and just being sick to make sense of it all on your own.I know I know our doctors cant hold our hands 24/7 BUT A PUSH HERe AND THERE WOULD BE HELPFUL.:) ha .Gonna see a third endo In Minneapolis Specialty lady that can deal with the entire package wish me luck.

my sentiments exactly Jill!

It might not be because of your monthly. I have an IUD so I don't have the monthly joy, however, I was truly going psycho last fall and I went to my primary care physician (I don't use an endo...long story) and told him what was going on and that I wanted EVERYTHING tested. My TSH turned out to be just a little too suppressed and my T4? ... I think... was way high so all it took for me was reducing my Synthroid. I was really worried about this so I posted on here asking for help and I got verification that my doctor was right. This sounds bad but maybe make another post just asking for help about severe mood swings (don't mention the monthly part) and list all you blood work info. There are so many knowledgeable people on here. I bet they will be able to help you out. Good luck :)

I am going through the same thing! My poor husband says that he is the real victim. My TSH is now 0.65 with 150 mcg of synthroid. Going to the endo tomorrow to discuss the situation. I am tired of crying at the drop of a hat. Will let you know what she says.

love hearing from you guys.Makes me feel not soo alone or crazy crazy. Soon i will write my story with labs and I am positive i will hear...
what the heck kinda doctors you got up north gheesh. will write it soon when my brain is not soo foggy

Ok - saw my endo yesterday. She says that we all adjust differently to having our thyroid removed and some of us will have more emotional effects than others. She recommended that I see my GP for something to relieve the anxiety, mild depression, mood swings etc. So I have an appt on Friday for that. The only benefit that I have had (if I am looking on the bright side) is that I have LOST 7 lbs. Not the ideal way to lose weight but I'll take it.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders