Day 2 of RAI and feeling sick

It's been about 48 hrs since I received my RAI and I'm now starting to feel like I'm getting a cold. Yesterday I noticed my glands were swollen and sore (which I now is normal for RAI) and my new symptoms are a bit of ear popping and that fuzzy congested head-cold feeling. What can I take if this turns into a cold?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies. Join the discussion

I have alka seltzer cold in the house, is this okay? Is there anything I should absolutely stay away from?

At this point you should be done with the LID (My doctors said normal food was okay 2-3 days after RAI), so I would say take anything you would normally take - the alka seltzer cold is probably fine.

You could ask you dr. if it's ok to take otc's. My nuc. med. person advised me to try doing LID for about a week post RAI just to get best results. There probably are otc's you can take that don't have the dyes etc. You may just feel kind of lousy for a week or so after RAI, but you will feel better again!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders