concerned about getting 2nd thyrogen and driving home

I have been reading posts today as usual but it just dawned on me how you feel after getting the thyrogen shots. Was going to drive myself about 40 minutes to the office the 2nd day for the shot and in the afternoon go back for tracer dose. Well I think I will ask someone to take me. I just thought too I will be on lithium too that my nuclear dr is prescribing so maybe not a good idea to go alone.
any thoughts?

9 replies. Join the discussion

I had no problems with thyrogen. The only thing I noticed was I was sore after the first one, but not the second..... Felt normal.

I drove myself for both shots, no problems at all! :)

I drove myself for both days of shots. I had light sensitivity after about 30 minutes, wanting to wear sunglasses. Slight nausea the second day, but I am normally a seasick kind of person. I was able to go home and sleep on day 1, so I cannot tell you how I would have fared during work.
HOWEVER, this was nothing compared to being off thyroid meds(withdrawal) which was very awful. Thyrogen rocks.

I had zero side effects from Thyrogen. Good luck.

I, too, had zero side effects from Thyrogen and I've had two rounds. It was a pleasant surprise, since I usually react very badly to medications.

Driving home was no issue. I did have major fatigue the first shot but I got over it quickly. Much much better than going hypo.

I had no issues after either shot ( beside a little soreness at injection site) and my drive is 45 min one way .Not sure how lithium might affect it though, if at all..Never took that

I think I will have someone drive me 2nd day. First day lithium afternoon. The second day lithium morning and afternoon. So will see how it affects me first but I think I won't be able to drive.
thanks for all the input

I've had two rounds of thyrogen and both times I drove myself to the hospital, got the injections, had no issues, and drove to work. The drive was an hour, one way. Again, no issues.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders