3 1/2 more weeks to go!

Hey everyone!

I started the LID a few weeks ago and my dr. pushed back my date due to some "personal reason" so I have to do this lovely diet for 3.5 more weeks!!! I almost cried when I heard I had to do this diet that much longer -- so i had one "cheat day" today and now I feel terrible! Oh well...I will be eating LID for the next 24+ days so I hopefully I didn't screw myself. Meanwhile, I have come up with some AWESOME recipes.

1.) Arielle's Guacamole:
1 avocado
1 tomato
lemon juice (as much as desired)
lime juice (as much as desired)
non-iodized salt (as much as desired)
crushed red pepper (few pinches)
Note: you can add chopped egg whites for protein

2.) Potato Chips:
MUST GET the Topchips Chips Maker and Food Slicer Kit--- I use regular baking potatoes and sweet potatoes to make potato chips in the microwave!!! it is super easy and you have chips for your guacamole within 5 minutes! Even my husband eats these chips they are so good. You can make other types of veggie chips too!

3.) Spaghetti Squash w/tomato sauce and pine nuts
Steam the squash
Stir in Pomi strained tomato sauce
Add pine nuts
Add black pepper and non-iodized salt
You can also add olive oil and other veggies!

P.S.---Does anyone know if we can have tic-tacs or any sort of mints? Also, I am thinking of doing the "lemonade cleanse" for the rest of this diet. Has anyone done that?

13 replies. Join the discussion

I bought Jolly ranchers the hard candy and lemon drops I have been having

I bought Jolly ranchers the hard candy and lemon drops I have been having

sorry to hear I bet you are hungry. I am to one more week to go.lol. go to darri blog http:thelowiodinediet.blogspot.com/ it looks good this is mt second time wish i was on site the first time. your friend

i wouldn't do a cleanse...you are already so energy depleted, and a cleanse will just increase that.

i hadn't thought of making guacamole, even though i have chips and homemade salsa for my LID that starts next week.

Thank you very much for sharing the recipes.

Good idea! I have a super sweet tooth. I heard marshmallows are safe too. But I am not 100% sure...

Hi Sara,

The guacamole has saved me throughout this thing. It is my only "guilty" pleasure besides some pasta here and there. Good luck on the diet its not that bad but it is kinda a pain...

Obviously check with your doctor, but are you sure you have to do this for the whole 3 1/2 weeks? Maybe take a week off and then go back to it. Of course if it makes you feel better to do it for the whole time, by all means do it, and it's not going to hurt anything. Just from my personal experience, it was only 2 1/2 weeks last year, and only 9 days this year. But either way, good luck and if you need a good treat- France's Brownies in the thyca cook book are AMAZING!!!!

I have not found any marshmallows that aren't RAI diet friendly. :) I'm making rice crispy treats with kashi cereal for my sweet tooth.

Yeah... My dr. said I have to do it for a solid 3 weeks. He said it would be better if it were 3-4 weeks. I think he may just be super strict! Thank you for letting me know about the brownies!! I 100% need a chocolate fix.

Yummm rice crispy treats!!! I can't wait to try those. :)

Sara, do you use margarine or olive oil?

I got the fleishmans no salt margarine. I've heard it tastes horrible but as baking it shouldn't be too bad, or you can add salt to it

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders