New count down, yippie.

I think the thing I miss most about my life before this is being able to do things and really enjoy them. Life now is complicated. I used to be able to get out of bed, throw clothes on and leave my house with in minutes. I now no longer enjoy that luxury. I spent 20 minutes today getting my flannel to button. My 4 year old niece ended up helping me. It was sweet of her but at the same time I felt defeated. I could indeed where clothes that just slide and pull on. I find that more defeating, what I wear is one of the few things I have a choice about. I like flannels and I refuse to give them up.

Sleeping is becoming a real issue. I either lay in bed for hours starring at my wall or wake often. The pain causes some pretty weird nightmares, I think this is my minds way of trying to explain the pain while I am sleeping. I wonder if other people have similar weird pain dreams.

I had put a lot of hope in seeing my RA today, but due to a mess up with timing they couldn't see me and now I have to wait 20 more days. It is hard using today as a goal to get too only to have to wait longer.

My g.f talked me into using aspercream last night - it was ok except it really felt like it was burning the P patches. It was quite painful, I think after it wore off my skin was numb or in shock. I wont be doing that again anytime soon.

20 more days to go. So begins my new count down.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders