Where to buy UVB Units for Scalp?

Hi,

Is there a reputable online store that sells UVB units for scalp psoriasis (I think these resemble combs/wands)?

I saw a couple on ebay, but didn't feel comfortable purchasing one since they are being sold from foreign countries (and couldn't find a review on these units).

5 replies. Join the discussion

i bought one of the foreign ones - it came from china and it shipped surprisingly fast.
the brand was kernel and so far works fine. it was $289 -but i regret getting the one with timer.
and it did not require a prescription.

that's good to know.

why do you regret getting a unit with a timer?

it costed a little more and it shuts off after the time you selected is up.
you can not bypass the timer - so i set it to the max. minutes and use a stop watch instead for each spot.
easier to read the stop watch i guess.

I bought mine off ebay. It said it came from NYC on there but when I got it it was shipped from Israel lol. I have gotten good results with it though and it was only $60.

BTW mine is not a wand, but just a handheld unit. I have very thin hair as it is so it works for my scalp. I would think that it would help anyone unless your hair was ridiculously thick.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders