What does Enbrel cost?

** Originally posted by junker **

Need some feedback from the community. I'm suppose to begin Enbrel for PsA. I have just been told by my insurance that four 50ml. doses in the auto-injector mailed to me will cost me $568/month. I have no idea what this med. cost, I've heard figures like $1500 (is that a month or single dose), but is the cost to me reasonable or typical?

6 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by web63 **

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

With no insurance it costs about $1500.00/month.
Sounds like you are getting ripped.
I pay $50.00/month.
That is about average.
Some pay a little less, some a little more.
You need to go to:

http://www.enbrel.com
or
1-888-4ENBREL
(1-888-436-2735)
Monday through Friday,
8 am to 8 pm, Eastern time

They have programs that will help you pay for it.
Call the number above, or go to the site NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let us know how it turns out.

** Originally posted by catnap **

I started Enbrel two weeks ago. They have a Quick Assist program that sends you a month's supply free, pays most of the costs for the 1st six months and half the second six months. They also have RN's available to answer questions.
Very Good Deal! At the number Scott gave you above.
catnap

** Originally posted by janetk **

It depends on your insurance plan what your co-pay will be. I am on an HMO & they pay a flat 70% of the cost of injectable drugs, leaving my current co-payment for Humira $436/month. It was the same when I was on Enbrel.

In addition to the Enbrel QuikAssist program, there are other copayment assistance programs like Healthwell & Patient Access. I have to rely on them to help me with the cost.

** Originally posted by web63 **

assistance programs like Healthwell & Patient Access. I have to rely on them to help me with the cost.

Do you happen to have those numbers for "junker"?

Thanks,

** Originally posted by junker **

Thanks all for your help. After checking with my insurance policy with Anthem or Wellpoint (they change their name about every 6 months) my co-pay is indeed 40%. I will try the assistance programs, although having payed for the first month they may not offer assistance. Money issues aside, I'll have to say the SURECLICK was smooth and painless for this first time today, and I'm remaining hopeful. But, its not within my budget unless I can get the price down.

** Originally posted by janetk **

http://www.healthwellfoundation.org/apply.aspx

http://www.patientaccessnetwork.org

It's easiest to do the pre-screening on-line to see if you qualify. The entire application can be downloaded there, even the physician part which can be given to the doctor to fill out. All the required elements are listed there as far as what you need for income proof, etc. as well as mailing addresses & phone numbers.

I was on the Enbrel QuikAssist 3 years ago when I first started biologics. I didn't apply myself, my rheumy did it for me. I would call the Enliven number listed above & they can probably direct the call from there.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders