using Clobetasol - how long before results?

** Originally posted by pasobuff **

I started using the cream yesterday afternoon - has anyone else used it, and if so, how long before results are seen?

I'm not sure, but I may already see results in a couple of spots - but not in others.....just wondering if the 2 weeks I have for the treatment are enough.......

Thanks!

18 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by lgl525 **

I have inverse psoriasis so I don't know how it might affect you differently, but when the steroids were working for me I'd see nearly full improvement in a couple of days. Hopefully you see changes very quickly as well.

thanks lgl....I think tomorrow evening I may take more pictures for reference.......I have a GI appt on Monday - if I don't see noticeable improvement by then I'll be pitching a fit! (Not sure my derm made right diagnosis!)....

** Originally posted by PatrickNY **

cream? huh, I get the foam

works very fast

if ya get some clearing, then in a day or 2 get some sun, it really accelerates the clearing

Thanks Patrick.....I actually saw marked improvement this morning!.....definitely less red, woo hoo! Unofrtunately no real sun for me today :-( I will be inside teaching from @830-4pm!
(What part of NY are you from? I'm outside of Albany!)

** Originally posted by bax **

I'm on this weird regimen with clobetasol (I use the ointment and liquid on scalp) on the weekends and vectical ointment during the week with phototherapy. Not to be a downer, but while I was having positive results, it's starting to flare up again.

in the cuse' =)

I'm on this weird regimen with clobetasol (I use the ointment and liquid on scalp) on the weekends and vectical ointment during the week with phototherapy. Not to be a downer, but while I was having positive results, it's starting to flare up again.

not a downer, you are learning the lesson of no matter the med, your body seems to build a tolerance, you are best to rotate meds, talk to your dr about it - best o luck

** Originally posted by tamewolf **

I used the ointment on my body and drops on my scalp. I saw great improvement within days, and by the end of 2 weeks I didn't even need to apply it anymore. I only had pink spots. No flaking or roughness. Thing is it has started to come back in the same places, and a few new spots on my legs. I have read multiple times about the p building a tolerance to meds, so I haven't used again. Going on vacation in a few months and I want to be as clear as possible when I am on the beach!

** Originally posted by zhenya **

This ointment was the first one my derm proscribed me and it used to work pretty good. Unfortunately, it seems my body has gotten used to it so my derm has taken me off it for now leaving me only on Dovonax. Also, I'm starting UV this week so I hope my P will finally go away...

Thanks all- I am definitely seeing improvement....hoping it will stay that way - the tube I got is almost 1/2 way gone and I will have over a week of using it to go!...that is howsperad this stuff is on my body...thank goodness for hubby - he has to do my back etc.......

I did end up losing my voice this morning lol..don't think it is related - I had a slight sore throat for a couple days, loverly green good being coughed up this morning....it never ends! Supposed to get remicade tomorrow - hoping I am well enough - tough to reschedule work as I did that once already!

if 1 tube will last you a month, I envy you =))))

** Originally posted by bax **

not a downer, you are learning the lesson of no matter the med, your body seems to build a tolerance, you are best to rotate meds, talk to your dr about it - best o luck

Thanks man. Out of all the derms I've had over the past few years, I finally found one that actually seems to care, so I'll run it by him.

** Originally posted by Elkhunter **

How long for results?..........for me....never.

Good luck to you!

** Originally posted by feliciag **

i cleared up in a few days.

but it only lasted for a few days then my p came back with revenge in mind.

good luck

** Originally posted by brandy55 **

Diprolene worked better than Clobatesol for me. If you seen it's not working after a certain time, try this one.

good luck

** Originally posted by JaxxonD **

Be careful to not overdo it with the clobetasol, as it will thin your skin. It worked well for me. Especially if I mixed it with an over the counter jock itch/athletes foot cream. Unfortunately, I'm the kinda guy who thinks if enough is enough....more's better! After a while, the least little bump or scratch would have me bleeding like a stuck pig. All this went on while I patiently waited for Stelara to be approved. I'm on Stelara now, and it's a godsend to not have to smear the goop on myself anymore. Good luck. :D

** Originally posted by escaleraroyal **

after you use clobetasol do you keep your clothes off or wait?

** Originally posted by zhenya **

after you use clobetasol do you keep your clothes off or wait?

I usually do it before I go to sleep and let it dry out for about 10-15 min.

I've actually stopped using it per my doctor's direction. I've been on UV light treatment for about 1.5 months now and this seems to be the treatment working best for me. Well, I'm also on Humira so, I guess, the combination of the two is working...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders