Triamcinolone without prescription?

** Originally posted by wavescrashover **

Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot...

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Tramcinolone Acetonide ointment without a prescription? I've been using it on & off for a few months now and had decent success but can't afford a doctor to get in for a script for more (or anything else for that matter.)

Thanks!

4 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by stametst **

It is a wonderful ointment and does help out.

Have you tried Walmart/Target to get it for $4.00 dollars although, you must have a prescription to get this medicine, as far as I know.

** Originally posted by roguegirl **

That's one of two ointments that I use, but I had to get a prescription from my dermotologist. If you've previously received a prescription for it from your doctor, perhaps you could call and ask for a refill or new prescription w/o having to be seen by the doctor again. Explain your situation. That's what my dermotologist did - I don't see him until I reach the point that I find that these two prescribed ointments aren't doing their job at keeping the problem in check and tolerable - so if I need a refill the doctor just calls it in to the pharmacy. And, yes, you should be able to get this at the $4 rate. Good luck.

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi wavecrashover,
im sorry that i can't help much but welcome to the p family. you have meet some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

try and have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi rougegirl,
welcome to the p family. you have meet some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

have a good day all

richard

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders