Transdermal Magnesium treatment (w/pictures)

** Originally posted by trancer **

So I knew for sometime that I need to get more Magnesium in my food which is why I was eating dark chocolate, spinach and almonds almost every day. Even though these are by far the best sources of Mg, it turns out that they are not enough, in other words we can not get all of the required Mg from the food, we should get the rest , get this , from the seawater. Even more importantly , we need just as much Mg as we have Calcium if not more but in our diet, Calcium is much more prevalent about 3 times.Mg is poorly absorbed orally as well.
Mg is basically antidote to Ca and when there is not enough of it , Ca runs wild , constricting arteries, making body more rigid and so on. That's where Magnesium Oil comes in, it's basically magnesium mineral extracted from sea water that you would apply on the skin and it gets absorbed about 20-30 minutes after. This is called Magnesium Chloride. It's a very alkalizing mineral so when it meets any toxins on the skin as in psoriasis plaques, it starts to work, it starts this burning sensation which is rather relaxing than painful at least for me. . The burning sensation really makes me think it works . So this is where I first read about this transdermal Magnesium/Magnesium Oil/Magnesium Chloride.

http://phaelosopher.wordpress.com/2007/10/30/thoughts-on-health-and-healing -alternative-psoriasis-awareness/

Psoriasis is but one thing that can happen when not enough oxygen gets into the blood cells. Oxygen is delivered through respiratory function, and through hydration. In addition to life itself, our health is dependent on sufficient quantities of oxygen being delivered to each cell.

When oxygen levels decrease, the body chemistry becomes more acidic, and turns it into a breeding ground for anaerobic organisms. The “bad bacteria” so often connected with any disease condition, are anaerobic. They not only don’t need oxygen, they are intolerant of it. They are drawn toward necrotic tissue… whose cells have died. They in fact, serve a beneficial purpose, as they will remove diseased or dead tissue from the body. That is, until their numbers are out of balance.

Psoriasis is but one result of what happens when the body is not in chemical balance, which occurs as a result of chronic deficiency in certain minerals, magnesium being a key one. Toxin build up, and toxic medical treatments, all contribute to the further lowering of body pH from its natural alkaline level of 7.3-7.4, into the acidic range. All necrotic tissue will have an acidic pH.

The absence of enough magnesium allows calcium to run amok. Dermatological evidence of this process is excessive skin production, which we label as psoriasis, and think of as having a unique pathogenesis. The pathogenesis is not unique; how it is expressed, is.

I’m not claiming any of this to be definitive. You are free to refute or reject any part that doesn’t resonate as true to you. It simply makes sense to me. Knowing what I now know, here’s what I’d do about
•Alkalize the body with nutrients, particularly magnesium. However, depending on where the outbreak is located, applying ocean-derived magnesium chloride, may be a problem at first because when it encounters toxins, the effect can be itching or a burning sensation. However, the nutrients are still needed. So I’d suggest foot baths with magnesium oil, or rubbing it on in areas that are outbreak free.

58 replies. Join the discussion

this is a general Magnesium site and specifically about Mg Chloride
http://magnesiumforlife.com/product-information/magnesium-chloride-product- analysis/

Another site for Magnesium Oil therapy and anyone interested in this should read it
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/magnesium.htm

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

I think Gitoverit had a big thread about Magnesium too. I remember trying to find Magnesium Oil in the store and couldn't find it. If I remember correctly someone said it was good for wrinkles or helps stop premature aging or something. I found out I had a Mag deficiency last year too. I have been taking oral mag, but not sure if I am getting enough.

Was I supposed to be looking for "Magnesium Chloride"? Where can I buy it? I am using Ozonated Olive oil as a moisturizer and I like it, but it has to be refrigerated and it was special made so it's not so cheap. My mom ordered the Ozonated Olive Oil for something else and then she gave it to me.

Thanks for the info :0)

So this is my story as I started this treatment about 10 days ago, this is before picture. This is just the dry skin without any oils and what not

I think Gitoverit had a big thread about Magnesium too. I remember trying to find Magnesium Oil in the store and couldn't find it. If I remember correctly someone said it was good for wrinkles or helps stop premature aging or something. I found out I had a Mag deficiency last year too. I have been taking oral mag, but not sure if I am getting enough.

Was I supposed to be looking for "Magnesium Chloride"? Where can I buy it? I am using Ozonated Olive oil as a moisturizer and I like it, but it has to be refrigerated and it was special made so it's not so cheap. My mom ordered the Ozonated Olive Oil for something else and then she gave it to me.

Thanks for the info :0)

this is what I bought in a health store, it's kind of expensive at 25$ per bottle, but it can be found much cheaper on Amazon.com. Everyone is deficient in Mg unless you swim in the ocean everyday for at least 30 minutes. You can't get enough of it in food and if you do it is poorly absorbed and gives digestive issues.

This is with Magnesium Chloride applied, after 20 minutes or so there is only chloride left which is like a salt I guess with Magnesium supposedly absorbed after it stops the burning sensation

this is a week after photos , there is only a slight visible differerence but the feel of the skin is so much smoother after only 1 week. From what I read it takes a few months to have a full effect . The burning sensation is good enough for now and this happens when magnesium encounters toxins such as in skin lesions

here is more weekend pics , I feel like I will be uploading this thread frequently in the near future though

this is an article that really explains well this Mg therapy. Mind you ,any pain and discomfort that there is it's very mild and you know it's working because on the normal skin , there is no burning sensation

http://www.thebestfoodever.com/magnesium-oil.php

Q1. How quickly does magnesium oil absorb into my skin? Will it smell?

A1. Magnesium oil absorbs almost immediately upon contact. Applying 1 or 2 sprays of magnesium oil and massaging it into your skin will speed up the absorption of the magnesium oil, and leave almost no residue. A slight “oily” feeling will occur if a lot is applied. Magnesium oil has no odor.

Q2. I experienced a slight rash and tingling sensation at the location I applied the magnesium oil. Why?

A2. The tingling sensation is a result of the magnesium entering the skin, which is harmless, and isn’t always felt. Rashes occur because of a concentration of toxic substances in your body, the rash being the point of detox your body is using to eliminate them. These are also harmless. In order to prevent rashes from occurring, simply dilute the magnesium oil 1:1 with pure water. Remember, this is a very concentrated product.

Q3. What is the maximum daily dosage of magnesium oil?

A3. There is none. By spraying magnesium onto your skin, rather than eating it, you bypass the problem of the gastrointestinal barrier. Excess magnesium in your intestines is not absorbed, just eliminated. Transdermal magnesium is largely absorbed and used by your cells on location.

Q4. Are there any precautions to using magnesium oil?

A4. Do not apply it to your eyes or into your nose. This would cause irritation. Applying magnesium oil onto open wounds will cause stinging, but will also increase speed of healing.

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Hi Trancer....I have used magnesium...haven't lately but plan on starting again....I have the magnesium gel which I find easier to apply!

this is where I've gotten mine!!! not sure on the prices!!! maybe you can check!!! They have a very large inventory!!! on many things :o

http://www.health-and-wisdom.com/magnesium.htm

** Originally posted by TCNZ **

Magnesium Chloride..........ah ha....

Maybe that's why people found Dead Sea treatment so successful......Dead Sea is pratically a sea of Magnesium Oil due to its high content of Magnesium Chloride!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_salt

".....The Dead Sea is 24% saline, containing mainly magnesium chloride MgCl2...."

http://www.seafriends.org.nz/oceano/seawater.htm

You can make your own Magnesium Oil (which ia a saturated MgCl2 solution) dirt cheap by buying Magnesium Chloride (aka Nigari) from source like:

http://naturalimport.com/inc/searchresults?s=nigari&ss=nigari&n=526835

This company is the cheapest source I could find, but they don't export to where I live unless for sky high postage fee.

Worth trying you P-eople in America.

** Originally posted by lazza **

Not sure I understand all this. I see magnesium chloride available for internal consumption, and I also see it for external application. Which one is better for psoriasis? And if I apply it externally does one only apply it to plaques?

_Lazza

Magnesium Chloride..........ah ha....

Maybe that's why people found Dead Sea treatment so successful......Dead Sea is pratically a sea of Magnesium Oil due to its high content of Magnesium Chloride!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_salt

".....The Dead Sea is 24% saline, containing mainly magnesium chloride MgCl2...."

http://www.seafriends.org.nz/oceano/seawater.htm

You can make your own Magnesium Oil (which ia a saturated MgCl2 solution) dirt cheap by buying Magnesium Chloride (aka Nigari) from source like:

http://naturalimport.com/inc/searchresults?s=nigari&ss=nigari&n=526835

This company is the cheapest source I could find, but they don't export to where I live unless for sky high postage fee.

Worth trying you P-eople in America.

Yes, I have heard it's very cheap raw but I still had to pay 25$ for a little over 200ml but I feel it's a must solution because of the utmost importance of Mg and lack of reliable sources. We are really meant to get Mg from the sea mostly and we can't rely on food sources for it.

Hi Trancer....I have used magnesium...haven't lately but plan on starting again....I have the magnesium gel which I find easier to apply!

this is where I've gotten mine!!! not sure on the prices!!! maybe you can check!!! They have a very large inventory!!! on many things :o

http://www.health-and-wisdom.com/magnesium.htm

Isn't the gel a more diluted version from the "oil" version ?
This oil that I bought gives me some burning sensation but it's good and I look forward to it and I know it's working

Not sure I understand all this. I see magnesium chloride available for internal consumption, and I also see it for external application. Which one is better for psoriasis? And if I apply it externally does one only apply it to plaques?

_Lazza

Using Mg orally will not work no matter what you use and will give you all kinds of digestion problems. This solution applied to the skin totally circumvents digestive system and absorbs Mg into the cells almost directly without any side effects. I mean first 2 days I was a bit tight or maybe used too much too fast but otherwise there is no issue. It's easily absorbed and then excreted after doing the work .

** Originally posted by daytonaflyer **

this is an article that really explains well this Mg therapy. Mind you ,any pain and discomfort that there is it's very mild and you know it's working because on the normal skin , there is no burning sensation

http://www.thebestfoodever.com/magnesium-oil.php

I hope this works for you, but honestly, if you put most anything on normal skin, you don't have pain or discomfort as when it's on P patches. I regularly put lotion, oil, ointment, etc on my P patches and it stings, but on normal skin, no pain.

I do look forward to seeing your progress though.

for me I never had a stinging sensation when I used topicals for P or any other oil or lotion. Even Dovobet which sort of worked for me when I put it , didn't sting at all.

** Originally posted by Archael **

That is smart Trancer, even if still the essence is quitting sugar that is smart.

I use Magnesium Chloride for my reef aquarium where magnesium concentration must be very high. Really, I use two pharmacy grade components Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/catalogsearch/result/?q=magnesium+&x=45 &y=4

Those who have bigger aquariums used Magnesium Chloride marketed as “MAG Flakes” $11 per 50Lb bag: http://www.meltsnow.com/products-dry-magnesium-chloride.htm

Both Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate are used in medicine to replenish magnesium in the body: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=953261 and really magnesium absorption through skin is around 20 times more effective than taking it orally: http://magflakes.com/

In turn Magnesium Sulfate is nothing but Epsom Salt and researches show Epsom Salt baths 2-3 times a week are very efficient in replenish magnesium but salt concentration must be pretty high 1g/100ml means 2Lb for 30Gal bathtub: http://www.mgwater.com/transdermal.shtml

Probably it can be even higher; for example Dead Sea water contains 4.9g/100ml - 5 times more magnesium salt.

Not to be critical, but to me, your pictures don't really look like it's doing much other than exfoliating. There aren't any clear spots in the middle of your patches and they don't look smaller. I can get the same effect from putting vaseline on my P for a week or two. It helps descale, but the size of the patches doesn't change. Please keep posting them each week so we can see if it actually gets better with time.

Archael ,
according to this site Mg Sulfate is quickly excreted and difficult to assimilate. For purposes of cellular detoxification and tissue purification, the most effective form of magnesium is magnesium chloride which has a strong excretory effect on toxins and stagnant energies stuck in the tissues of the body, drawing them out through the pores of the skin.
http://magnesiumforlife.com/product-information/magnesium-chloride-vs-magne sium-sulfate/

daytonaflyer,
I am not claiming results yet so I am posting pictures so that I can register whatever results that come in but this is the first time that I feel that something is pulling out the toxins from the psoriatic lesions . Otherwise my skin is much softer now than I ever remember. All the other lotions and ointments only suppressed it for a time like scrubbing under the rug but this time it's different. I feel a sensation as Magnesium enters psoriatic lesion and it's a good sensation . That's why lesions seem a bit inflamed at first, maybe the toxins and dead skin are being cleared up by the Mg.

Trancer,
Something interesting happened today. I flew into Phoenix to visit a friend. While I was at the airport rental car counter, the customer service girl noticed my elbows. She asked if I wanted to know how to fix my elbows. I was a little surprised, and needless to say, skeptical, but I asked her to tell me her secret. She said she used to have the same problem, but not quite as bad and she took baths with epsom salts and baking soda. She said that you had to use them together and it cleared her up after about 5 baths.

She didn't really seem to know much about P, or even if that was exactly what she suffered from, but she thought my elbows looked similar to hers. She also had it on her upper back and that went away with the epsom salt/baking soda baths too.

I thought that was interesting and very coincidental since you and Archael are posting about magnesium and epsom salt. I guess I'll give it a try and see if it helps.

Magnesium Chloride has higher solubility and is more active than Magnesium Sulfate but bigger differences occur when they are taken orally and metabolized. In case of bath application after dissolving in water magnesium ions are the same and with adequate Epsom Salt concentration effect should be comparable.

From article presented: “…you need more magnesium sulfate in a bath than magnesium chloride to get similar results.”

daytonaflyer
please look at the magnesiumforlife.com site and google "magnesium oil" and "magnesium chloride" and you will see it's no quack. There is a general mineral deficiency especially in the processed foods but I have learned that Mg is more important than any other mineral including Ca and we need more of it and the only way to get it is through seawater. It makes sense to me since I feel much better after I swim in the sea and this is mainly due to Mg and other trace minerals. That's how humans have evolved by the way. It's Mg that moves out the toxins along with it, including any heavy metals like Mercury , Lead etc.. It's Mg that alkalizes our bodies from too much acidity and the only reliable way to get it is through seawater or Magnesium oil exctracted from the sea.

Archael
We are supposed to get the Mg from the seawater. Humans get diarrhea if they ingest enough Mg from the food which tells me quite clearly that Mg can only be obtained transdermally through the skin and this also alkalizes our skin . I can bet you that all psoriatics are or were deficient in Mg and this is easily proven once you apply Magnesium oil on the affected skin. The effect is an amazing sensation and it says to me that P and Mg can not coexist together, one will destroy the other and I put my odds on Mg

We are supposed to get the Mg from the seawater...

This is the place we should live?

Probably I agree with you. :)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders