Tingling hands and feet?

** Originally posted by mammaD **

Hi. I have a question.

Does anyone experience tingling hands and feet with PA? I have this strange thing, when all of a sudden, my hands feel hot, and then they start to tinlgle, and then it starts about 15-20 minutes later in my feet.

I've gone to a nuerologist and he's done all the nerve tests, but has come up with nothing.

I'm just curious if anyone else experiences anything like this, and if you do, what IS it and have you found any relief?

Thanks ahead of time!

Hugs to everyone and I hope you are having a pain-free or low pain day!

Dawn

15 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by northern_techie **

Hi. I have a question.

Does anyone experience tingling hands and feet with PA? I have this strange thing, when all of a sudden, my hands feel hot, and then they start to tinlgle, and then it starts about 15-20 minutes later in my feet.

I've gone to a nuerologist and he's done all the nerve tests, but has come up with nothing.

I'm just curious if anyone else experiences anything like this, and if you do, what IS it and have you found any relief?

Thanks ahead of time!

Dawn

I've never had the tingling feet, but when are you experiencing the tingling hands? I've found that I will get numb tingling fingers over night (wakes me up); my doctor said it's repetitive strain from being a computer person.

I now wear wrist braces at night while I sleep and don't get the tingling any more.

** Originally posted by Nano **

I have not had that symptom, and in fact, since I have never heard of it, I Googled your symptoms. A link came up that mentioned them in conjunction with cholesterol-lowering, and blood pressure-lowering medication. Do you take either?

** Originally posted by MOOJENN72 **

i have the same thing. if i sit with my feet on the floor to long they will tingle. and when driving for a while my hands will tingle. i think that is poor circulation due to inflammation in the joints of hands and feet. my toes will go numb also. PsA is a very complicated diease that causes so many thing to happen to our bodies. the worse part for me is that i have no control over it.

** Originally posted by 2trees **

I have the tingling in my hands and arms at night . Sonething to do with my rotation while swimming they think. I believe it from inflamation also.

** Originally posted by starsofblue **

Hi. I have a question.

Thanks ahead of time!

Dawn

I get this too, but I was just recently diagnosed with PA, and my tingling just started the past few years...but do you get migraines or headache...I do and I got it in my hands before and an emergency room doc wrote it off as that...who knows....

** Originally posted by 1WeekAtATime **

It may not be this, but when I first had damage starting in my joints, those were the symptoms. It really isn't that weird though because it just means your joints are saying, "Hey! You've still got arthritis!" Just be aware that if you've never had damage there before, it may be spreading.

My knowledge of this is how often I had that feeling when I first was diagnosed, so a doctor may know more on the subject.

** Originally posted by Ranger05 **

I don't think this is related to PsA in my opinion. Tingling is a neurological sensation that generally comes from either the brain or your nerves. I've had tingling for many, many years. I had a complete workup (including spinal tap) for MS several years ago that came back clean. Many things can cause tingling including anxiety and deficiancys in the blood. The side of my face tingled for many years before it finally stopped.

** Originally posted by szorzi **

I've had some problems with tingling in one of my hands or in several fingers. My rheumy theorizes that it's caused by the swelling in my wrist putting pressure on the nerves. For me, it's intermittent.

** Originally posted by frommyvalentino **

Mine tingle if I sit or lay on them. That's just means they're going to sleep though, haha.

Welcome to the site lovely.

** Originally posted by Sunnysideup **

My feet have been tingling for a long time. Some days are worse than others. I think its Perphial Neuropathy. I think mine may have been cause by antideppressants. Vile drugs I want to get off of and plan to once I can wean off the stupid things. The withdrawl from them is awful, especially having Psa, you get flu-like symptoms when withdrawing. As if I don't have enough flu-like symptoms from PsA!!!

** Originally posted by ladyemac **

Hi. I have a question.

Thanks ahead of time!

Dawn

I've had that.. Turns out my B-12 was low. My PCP caught it. Said she sees it fairly frequently in folks with autoimmune diseases. It might be worth checking out.

I now take a B-12 shot once a month and get my levels checked every couple of months.

** Originally posted by mariaoneill **

My hands tingle when they are swollen. They are also very hot and throb. It helps me to run them under cold water in the summer time and warmer water in the winter time.

** Originally posted by ABrugge **

my toes will go tingle/numb, not all the toes go do this. never had the big ones do it.

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi mammad,
i get it in my legs all the ways to my toes. they do it almost all day, i hope this help some

try and have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by flaky2 **

Hi, I almost always have the burning & tingling in my fingers & toes. I just thought it was something to do with the arthritis. I had bloodwork & everything is in the normal range as I normally take vitamins & supplements.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders