T-Plus Gel

T-Plus gel I purchased at Target has done wonders for my plaque p . It was recommended on here by someone else and I tried it and I'm so glad I did !! I'm not 100% clear but you can barley notice my p and I'm enjoying every minute !! It is worth a try ....Good luck and clear skin for all :)

4 replies. Join the discussion

I read the same posting awhile back with interest.

Coal tar seems like one of the oldest means of immune suppression used to treat psoriasis for several decades.

from wikipedia: According to the National Psoriasis Foundation and the FDA, coal tar is a valuable, safe and inexpensive treatment option for millions of people with psoriasis and other scalp or skin conditions.[12] Coal tar concentrations between 0.5% and 5% are safe and effective for psoriasis, and no scientific evidence suggests that the coal tar in the concentrations seen in non-prescription treatments is carcinogenic. The NPF states that coal tar contains approximately 10,000 chemicals, of which only about 50% have been identified,[13] and the composition of coal tar varies with its origin and type of coal (for example,: lignite, bituminous or anthracite) used to make it.

Great to hear you've had success with an over-the-counter product that's both available and inexpensive!

Tell a little more about your psoriasis (type, coverage, etc) and what you did to achieve success using T-Gel. Did you apply it directly to your psoriasis - in liquid form? spray? wrap, etc?

Again, congratulations! - and thanks for sharing your success.

peace and healing,

Hello Quest4cure - Thank You . I don't know what my coverage is percentage wise but I don't have P as near as bad as some but I have been battling it for almost 16 years and nothing the Dr. has ever given me has helped ( topicals only ) the worst place i have p is on the top of both hands from wrist to the tips of my fingers ......I also have it on my elbows and other small random spots on my body . I have tried everything you can imagine ......it is the worst on your hands because you can not hide your hands and my p would glow bright red like a neon sign !! But let me tell you this t- plus gel has worked a miracle on my hands .....they are not 100% clear but the change is great I can hardly see it plus I have added going to the tanning bed this past week and my p looks even better . But I was seeing great results before I ever started the tanning bed . By the way I have plaque psoriasis and the name is T- Plus gel I picked it up at Target after reading about it on here . .......it is different than T-gel .....I don't know what the differences are but T-gel did not work for me . T- Plus gel @ Target . All I did was just put it on my p directly out of the body and just leave it on ( some people I think put it on for 15 minutes then wash it off ) I just put it on several times a day and leave it . I think I seen where someone on here puts it on and then goes and sits in the sun for 15 minutes . Like I said my skin has never been this clear and I'm going to enjoy it while it last :) <3

PS - I hope this helps someone I have tried so many things that I almost didn't try this and this was the first and only thing that has helped me .......hope it last forever but if not I have enjoyed almost clear skin for a month now .....It has felt great !!

another member on here, Jerry recommended it to me when i first started here..i usually lazy to apply it to my skin but i do it twice a week..i have cleared up alot..plus dieting, exercise and other rituals. im glad to hear its working for you..i dont go into the sun because its not recommended..i apply for about an hour or so..then wash off..

Cool man...I was the one who recommended it...so happy it is working for you. I have been 100% clear for 14 months now so keep at it and hopefully the same will happen for you.

Jerry

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders