SUPPORT GROUP IN TAMPA, FL

** Originally posted by GRINCON **

HELLO I HAVE PSORIASIS FOR MORE THAN 15 YEARS UNTIL TWO YEARS AGO , WAS IN CONTROL BUT NOW IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, I NEED TO KNOW IF HERE IN TAMPA BAY AREA, FLORIDA IS ANY SUPPORT GROUP, OR I REALLY INTESRESTING IN CREATE ONE. PLS LET ME KNOW

18 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by professional **

There are 3 support groups that the NPF is aware of in Florida. They are as follows:

Orlando
Orlando Psoriasis Support Group
Phone: (407) 682-4832
email: psoriasissupport@aol.com

Boca Raton
Palm Beach Psoriasis Network
Phone: (561) 487-7157
email: patchesberger@hotmail.com

Cape Coral
Southwest Florida Psoriasis Support Group
Phone: (239) 542-2171

If none of these are close to you, please feel free to contact the NPF for further information about starting a support group in your area. You can reach the NPF toll free at (800) 723-9166. We are here to help!

** Originally posted by BTVSLAYER78 **

I live in Springhill, have yet to hear of one. I'll keep checking. Just wondering what DR do you see? I use DR. Robert Norman, he has worked so many wonder for me.

thank you for everybody to answer

anybody who is interesting in meet to create a new support group, let me know, i am ready to work for...

well one more time anybody whi live in tampa, bay area in florida and wants meet to create a support group..let me know i am ready to do it

** Originally posted by m_earnest **

Hello! My fiancee has really bad pustular psor, but I am not sure if he is open to a support group...I think it would be really good for him because he feels like a "freak" all the time. Shoot, I could use a support group too! LOL....I hate seeing him in all this pain! He feels like a freaking guinea pig all the time. Anyone who is interested, e-mail me and I will see if mabye I can't convince him.

I live in the Brandon area

Jennie
jennie_lynn215@yahoo.com

** Originally posted by KIMMY **

I live in pinellas let me know if you form a group!!!!

well almost one year since my first post
nobody is sick in tampa...well
i conitnuos here waiting for anybody
not necessary to create a suuport group maybe
take a cup of coffe to talk bout..does not matter age or sex:D

** Originally posted by avhoshi **

hi,
i was living in tampa and just moved to springhill although my derm and doctors are in tampa i get there at least once a week. i cannot belive there is not a support group in tampa or even pinellas county somwhere. i was going to see about signing up for one but i guess i need not to now. i only found out about this organization 2 months ago since i was put on enbrel, are you taking any biologics and if so is it helping you? arty

well i am still waiting for people from tampa
:)

** Originally posted by npf_import-82999 **

I am from CT

Going to be in Tampa in Oct

if you have formed a group by then would love to join you for a social visit

** Originally posted by 1emg **

I also live in Spring HIll would like to get a group started..keep me informed. Elizabeth

** Originally posted by coachG **

Wow, one of my best friends lives in Springhill....she is the owner of Stars and Stripes Gymnastics..........ever hear of it???

Annie, I am in the Tampa area very often, my family is there. Give me a more specific date and we can plan and scheme!!! :)

Support group in Tampa would be awesome, I could occasionally come (I am 6 hrs away, but I make the trip often).

HELLO ALL PEOPLE FROM OR CLOSE OR FUTURE LIVING IN TAMPA, IS TIME TO ACTION...ANYBODY WUO IS READY FOR THE SUPPORT GROUP SEND ME EMAIL WITH THE INFORMATION......TO GAB_RIN@HOTMAIL.COM....

HELLO ALL PEOPLE FROM OR CLOSE OR FUTURE LIVING IN TAMPA, IS TIME TO ACTION...ANYBODY WHO IS READY FOR THE SUPPORT GROUP SEND ME EMAIL ......TO GAB_RIN@HOTMAIL.COM....

SO WE CAN MEET TO SE WHAT IS GOING ON..IN THE AREA

** Originally posted by satyenck **

Hi Grincon,

I live in Tampa near USF and would love to join/support the group.
Pl. let me know...

Thanks,
SK

** Originally posted by babygirlmo **

I live in Clearwater. Close to tampa.

** Originally posted by jvickery **

Hello!

A psoriasis support group is in development for the Tampa Bay area. Dr. Robert Norman is heading up the group and will hopefully be starting soon.

He is having a free lunch to learn more about psoriasis and some new upcoming treatments, and start the kick-off of the support group on Saturday, June 7 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Rusty Pelican, located at 2425 N. Rocky Point Drive in Tampa.

To RSVP for the event, please call 800.723.9166 or e-mail erice@psoriasis.org.

Here's info from the flyer with the National Psoriasis Foundation:

Free patient-education event

Topic:
Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis:
Understanding treatment options

Date and Time:
Saturday, June 7
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

2425 Rocky Point Drive
Tampa, FL 33607

Guest speaker:
Robert Norman, D.O.

• Complimentary lunch provided
• Limited seating available

To RSVP for this event, please call
800.723.9166 or e-mail erice@psoriasis.org

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi jvickery,
i think what your doing is wonderful and i would like to welcome to the p family. you have meet some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

have a good day all

richard

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders