Scalp oozing clear liquid

** Originally posted by JenniferS **

I have scalp p and my scalp is oozing clear liquid. It doesn't have a smell and it's completely clear, so I don't think it's infection.

My p isn't too terribly bad right now, mostly along the hairline across my neck, so this liquid is catching me off guard.

Anyone else experience this???

9 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by partial **

While I have not had that on my scalp, I have had it elsewhere after a night of scratching vigourisly while sleeping.

** Originally posted by DottieD **

The clear liquid is probably lymph fluid. Lymph surrounds all of our tissues, and if you have a small cut or tear somewhere, it could leak out.
DottieD

** Originally posted by JenniferS **

The clear liquid is probably lymph fluid. Lymph surrounds all of our tissues, and if you have a small cut or tear somewhere, it could leak out.
DottieD

Is this something to be concerned about?? Or just par for the course with p?

** Originally posted by Heatheranne1027 **

I don't think it's something to be overly concerned with. I have had the same thing happen after scratching my scalp p and picking at it (gross I know) and it just dries up on it's own. I would try not to scratch too much though so that you don't get an infection, I know easier said then done.

** Originally posted by arlenp **

I get the same thing if I am constantly picking at my scalp. I find that keeping my nails as short as they can possibly be cut keeps me away from picking so no icky oozies.

** Originally posted by Actress **

This can be totally normal if it's being scratched at. Dottie is right. It's lymph fluid. It's nothing to be concerned about, but try to take good care of the affected area. I get it alot on my left ankle. I just keep it covered and moist. When this is happening, the lesion is down to just flesh and it's trying to heel itself. I know you cannot cover the lesion if it's on your scalp, but keep your hair clean (avoid dusty, windy areas). This will avoid the possibility of infections from bacteria getting into it. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs and Sloppy Kisses,

amber.

** Originally posted by TomDermitch **

That will stop it fast when you're trying to sleep. Be careful, it's very easy to get an infection when you get in a weepy, oozing state. I sometimes develop those behind the ears or by the sternum in my chest area. My derm recommends trying clobetasol for a few nights and taking a clorox bath (1/4 cup of bleach to your bath water- like a chlorinated pool), to prevent infection. It has worked well for me.

** Originally posted by yellowcandys **

i used to get that all the time, i had it really bad on my scalp before i knew what it was and dyed my hair alot. they only ozzed stuff when i would itch too much though

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi yellowcandys,
welcome to the p family. you have meet some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

have a good day all

richard

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders