QuickRelief Claims To **CURE** Psoriasis - Fraud?

** Originally posted by intensity **

This product called QuickRelief claims to PERMANENTLY CURE Psoriasis completely in 98% of those who use it for 90 days. And it claims that after the 90 days, you don't even need to take it anymore.

I'm not going to post their Web site address here, just google it to find it.

Remember that old adage "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is?"

Well if there was ever a test of that warning, here it is.

Their claim is unequivocal and clear: It CURES Psoriasis.

From the QuickRelief Web site:

"The cause of psoriasis and eczema is still yet unknown, but we have discovered the perfect cure ...."

You can't get an more up in your face against an entire industry built around psoriasis research -- not to mention the federal government -- who clearly state that THERE IS NO CURE FOR PSORIASIS.

Which do you figure is more likely to be accurate about whether of not there is a cure for psoriasis: the entire scientific community, or some unknown persons selling an unevaluated pill online who deosn't even post the company name or contact information?

I have my own guess at that one.

I wonder if anyone here has used this product and what they experienced. Apparently someone has used it since they claim on the site that it has appeared on just about every news outlet, billboard and junior high school newsletter in the country.

Here is the question...

Is this just another psoriasis scam that the FDA has not had a chance to prosecute yet?

10 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by Resist **

After looking over the site, the product claims to be an all natural herbal supplement, so the FDA can't do much as long as the product is safe and "their" evidence shows it to not be false. But considering how many products like this are on the market, it is no surprise the FDA can't keep up. But the FDA does need to take more control with regards to dietary supplements.

Educated people should know when the word "Cure" is used with the word "Psoriasis", then the product is snake oil.

The FDA regulates both food and drugs, which includes "natural" supplements since they are considered food substances. My understanding is that no product, whether herbal, "natural," OTC or otherwise may legally claim that it cures Psoriasis, and that they can indeed be subject to legal action if they make this claim.

Certainly the FTC has an interest in this too as, if not true, it constitutes false advertising.

And I believe that the only acceptable defense would be to prove that it actually does cure it.

Then I would contact the FDA and see what they say.

I have written to the FDA on three other occasions using the method of contact that they provide for such things, including reporting something similar to this. They never responded to any of my questions and as far as I know no action was ever taken.

That's our tax dollars at work.

I would also email and then call them. I am sure their case loads are huge.

** Originally posted by spfalk **

I have written to the FDA on three other occasions using the method of contact that they provide for such things, including reporting something similar to this. They never responded to any of my questions and as far as I know no action was ever taken.

That's our tax dollars at work.

I wouldn't be surprised. If its not toxic and harming people, its not really worth the tax dollars to pursue it. Especially when they have drugs and what not out there that could pose a real threat to people's health.

The FDA is charged by with enforcing the laws relating to such violations. If they aren't going to enforce the laws, why have the laws in the first place.

If it is illegal to advertise a ""cure" for psoriasis, then this company is blatantly violating that law. And if it is the FDA's responsibility to attempt to stop them, then there would be no excuse for not doing so.

** Originally posted by l7jjudish **

I actually tried it. paid 99.99 plus shipping for the 6 month "cleanse" since I have had psoriasis for longer than 2 years.

It's a hoax.

Their 180 day guarantee.. is that at the end of 180 days you are guaranteed to get more of the suppliments free.. as long as you pay the $12.95 per month shipping fee.

There is no money back, even though that is what is implied all over their website.

Its a hoax and its fraud. I hope someone shuts them down. But I'm sure there are thousands more like me who are frustrated about this... no relief and now out $100.

Don't fall for it.

** Originally posted by wildflowerAnn **

Thanks for sharing your experience. Its no fun telling people you've been had, but its definitely a public service to post this. Again, thank you.

** Originally posted by LeonardiCL **

There are several ways to be harmed by these schemes. First, cash is usually involved. And, some of these 'solutions' can be quite expensive. Second and perhaps more importantly, reasonable therapy can be delayed.

In the 1960s and 70s, Laetrile was promoted as a cure for cancer. Despite the lack of credible evidence, tens of thousands of Americans decided to take a therapy that ultimately was proven to be ineffective. The NPF supports all of your efforts in finding a solution that works well for you. Please realize that some 'treatments' prey on your need for relief but have no rational basis in science or in medicine.

You can read about Laetrile here: <a href="http://"http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/laet rile.html"">http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/laetrile.html</a>

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders