Psoriasis of the eye??

** Originally posted by lethalncute **

i think i may have psoriasis of the eye, at the corner of my eye i have dry skin that resembles psoriasis. i would go to a doctor but i cannot afford it. i have had various types of psoriasis over the years. any suggestions? does anyone have it that can help?

5 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by stametst **

i think i may have psoriasis of the eye, at the corner of my eye i have dry skin that resembles psoriasis. i would go to a doctor but i cannot afford it. i have had various types of psoriasis over the years. any suggestions? does anyone have it that can help?

Dear lethalncute;

Do they have a medical assistance program where you live? Perhaps an agency where you can get free medical help. Have you called your doctor's office they may be able to refer you to someone that can help you? Perhaps you could come out and tell them that you just do not have the money. It is an emergency that you see the doctor!!

I understand the feeling about not be able to afford to go to the doctor but YOU CAN NOT AFFORD NOT TOO. This is a necessity!! You absolutely need to go to the eye doctor; please go and get some medical treatment for yourself.

Let me know how things turn out!!!

Take care............

** Originally posted by MikeK **

Hi Lethalncute,

Welcome to the board. :cool: Nice to meet you.

I see that you live in New Jersey. I do too. I'm in Hoboken.

I'm going to give you a link to a "must read" thread that was that was started by Leslie (Momtotwogirls). She took the time to give us the links and information about some assistance programs that she came across. I added the links to some assistance programs that have either been discussed here on the board or that other people have told me about. There's even links to a couple of posts by NPF staff members that give links to the assistance programs that they know about. We don't know very much about most of these programs, but it can't hurt to check them out. I can tell you that Miranda (LadyFraser) and Jessica (stormechaser) both got assistance for some very expensive medications thanks to a program called http://www.needymeds.com. (It sounds like a scam site, doesn't it?) Miranda got assistance while her husband was transitioning from being self employed (with no benefits) to working for the government with excellent benefits. She shared her experience in this thread (circa 2003) : http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3979. Jessica shared her experience in this thread (circa 2005): http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13119. Links to their stories can also be found in Leslie's thread. Here's a link to it: http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12379.

I hope this helps.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Let us know if you have any other questions and please don't be a stranger.

Mike

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi lethalncute,
im sorry that i can't help much but welcome to the p family. you have meet some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

try and have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by G **

I understand the feeling about not be able to afford to go to the doctor but YOU CAN NOT AFFORD NOT TOO. This is a necessity!! You absolutely need to go to the eye doctor; please go and get some medical treatment for yourself.

I agree totally, you cannot afford not to. I would even forsake food rather than risk my eyes.

** Originally posted by stametst **

I agree totally, you cannot afford not to. I would even forsake food rather than risk my eyes.

Dear G:

Me too!! I am learning each doctor has their specialty so if you need to take care of your eyes then that is what needs to be done!

Dear lethalncute, have you gone to the eye doctor? I hope everything is okay. As always I keep everyone in my prayers and only hope that you receive healing. As I said earlier, YOU CAN NOT AFFORD NOT TOO!!

God Bless to All.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders