Psoriasis Doo Gro

Hi I recently watched a video on a cure for Psoriasis that helps it go away, and its called Doo Gro Stimulating Oil. I went to the store today to buy it and I bought the Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil I would like to know if it works the same or should I go back and get the stimulating one.

12 replies. Join the discussion

Jashminda19, where did you see the video?
I would love to know if anyone has used the Doo Gro Stimualting oil for P with any beneficial results.

Which one? I'm not sure. The ingredients are very similar with some differences.
They make work the same and the choice depends on whether you prefer a light (stimulating) or a heavier (thickening) product.

http://www.doogro.com/StimulatingOil.html

http://www.doogro.com/ThickeningOil.html

I have a bottle of Doo Gro Stimulating Growth oil and it helped with the itch of my scalp psoriasis. It also helped some with the flakes. I was pretty bad at the time and was trying a number of things. That was over a year ago and I've found that Elta Tar works better for me. But if I get super itchy again, I will use the Doo Gro.

Hate to tell you at your age, but our condition is incurable. Once you accept that and make the treatment just part of your daily routine, like brushing your teeth, it will get easier.

Good Luck!
Bob

I've been using the stuff for almost 2 years and LOVE IT! I have moderate scalp p and it has worked really well. It's a killer moisturizer which is what you need on your scalp. Plus, it's really good for your hair too! I use it in conjunction with Dr Miricles 2 into 1 tingling shampoo. I haven't put any topicals on my scalp in a long time. And, my scalp p hasn't gotten any worse, only better.

Best of all. Both are less than $10 together....

Good luck,

Jon

I have tried the doo gro along with the dove soap the lady recommends and it didnt work for me , it helps with dryness but the redness remained. best of luck to you anyways it might work with some and not others : )

I haven't tried it but I read ingredients and know the ones that work for me.
Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Retinol (Vitamin A),Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Matricaria Extract, Goldenseed Extract, Hops Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Henna Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Saflower Oil, Lanolin Oil, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), D&C #11, O&C Red #17

Matricaria Extract (chamomile is a good anti-inflamitory!)
Goldenseed Extract (another good anti-inflamitory)
Calendula Extract (skin healing)
Retinol (Vitamin A)
Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

The ingredients that scare me a little are the oils especially the lanolin, propylparaben, fragrance, D&C #11 & O&C Red #17.

Does DO GRO also help the P flakes on the body?

It did absolutely nothing for me.
The mineral oil in it is not supposed to be good for the skin and is NOT biodegradable

This is what helps many of us:

http://www.inspire.com/JULIAinFLA/journal/glycerin-mixed-w-witch-hazel-ant- inflammatory/

read this about the MAIN Ingredient in Doo Gro; mineral oil:

http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/9/acne/the_bad_about_minerals_oils.html

I saw that video about a year ago. I don't know if it helps or not but I like the name.

Hi Laddoo I found this video on this website I will post the link on here so everyone can see it thank you everyone you guys were alot of help, I will try out the doo gro and let everyone know how the results where, I am praying this helps. I've actually been using Bethamethasone wich works really good but my Dr takes me of of it and puts me back on which I don't like because Its like she doesnt get that this will never go away and when she does put me on it she gives me like two refills and she wont give me anymore and the bottles are small so thats why Im trying something different.

heres the link
http://youtu.be/Z8CpbOyNSeA

JULIAinFLA,
You are right about the problems with mineral oil. It keeps stuff out, but also keeps stuff in.
My daughter switched from using baby oil (scented mineral oil) on my grandson's bottom to olive oil.
Now if he gets diaper rash is is gone in a few hours hours instead of a couple days. I think the baby oil was trapping in the irritants.
Jack

Yes Jack
Mineral oil (Doo Gro) is not good for skin.
So glad ur daughter stoped using it
Even better than olive oil for diaper rash is ......A&D ointment Or ....Balmex (a barrier cream)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders