Prednisone helping planters fasciitis???

Has anyone had any success with prednisone helping their planters fasciitis??? MAN!!! This is debilitating.

7 replies. Join the discussion

Mine went away when I started bending over couple times a day and touchinmy toes. You stretch out all the muscles in the back of your legs which in turn stretches the muscles in your arch that cause the facsitis.

If you have severe plantar faciIitis as I had, simple stretching is not enough. I was becoming completely disabled and to continue at my job managing a health food store would have come to an end. My podiatrist suggested cortisone injections directly into the heel or an operation both of which I rejected. His next suggestion was a professional night splint which I purchased from him. Naturally he warned it would be uncomfortable to sleep with at night but I was willing to try. Within a week it was bringing such relief that I was more than happy to put it on. MSM at 5000 mgs may be helpful as well.

tROPICAL GIRL: thanks for this information. I was looking at the night splints just last night! You have convinced me to give it a try. I don't care if they are uncomfortable at night, either. I am in debilitating pain all day, so what's the difference, right?:) I stretch all the time and massage but it isn't curing it. I am buying the splints! Thanks!

A night split helps and my foot would feel better in the morning, but my job required me to sit a lot and it would just tighten up again during the day and I would barely be able to walk when I got up. Make sure you wear shoes with good arch support and cushions inside. Keeping your calf muscles stretched is important because plantar fasciitis is aggravated by tight muscles in your feet and calves. Massage, stretching and even rolling your foot on a frozen water bottle will help. There is no quick fix and it takes time to heal. Mine finally went away as mysteriously as it came on and I had it for about a year and a half.

I had it too. I did get 2 cortisone shots which did not help much. I found that total immersion of my feet..yup had it in both..in ice water for 10 seconds at a time...10 dips twice a day and the best thing I did was..every morning before getting out of bed I would massage my arch and back of calf thoroughly then step right into shoes with arch inserts. It has not returned in 2 years. It was so painful.

I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW AND IT HAS MADE ME FAT AS A WHALE. IT HELPS WITH THE PAIN AND STUFF BUT IT'S NOT A GOOD MEDICINE TO BE ON. I HAVE TRIED EMBREL AND HUMARA AND BOTH OF THEM GIVE ME REALLY BAD INFECTIONS.. SO MY DR. TELLS ME THIS IS THE ONLY THING LEFT. HUH I REALLY THINK THERES MORE TO CHOICE FROM I HOPE.. I'M SO TIRED OF BEING BLOWN UP..

Thanks for all the advice and responses. I am really going to dedicate myself to babying these feet of mine. I have had this for nearly 3 years now and I am pretty much over it. I am doing it all! Night splints, stretching, cold soaks, icing them down...here we go...again. :)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders