palmoplantar pustulosis

** Originally posted by branflakes **

Hey Guys! Has anyone here heard of Dr. Maebashi (of Japan, I think) and his use of biotin and probiotics to cure palmoplantar pustulosis? I came across this webpage where this person is saying that this doc cured her ppp. Here's the link in case anyone wants to look at it. It's translated from Japanese.

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hpps/english/english.html

I find this article interesting and it kind of goes along with everything else I've heard about ppp (like it's relationship with back pain, smoking, and the use of antibiotics to help). Just curious if anyone else is trying biotin and if it's working. This article said that it took seven months to work. So maybe if you're trying biotin and it hasn't worked, maybe it takes a lot of time.
I don't know, but it sure would be nice if there was a cure like this person is claiming. I'm getting tired of steriod cream.
Branflakes

9 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi branflakes,
that would be nice if there were a cure for ppp and all the other types of p. thank you for sharing this.

have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by misales **

But I've owned their cars. If the docs there work like the car makers I would choose Japan every time. HE HE and my dad retired from GM and I live in Michigan. Proof is in the product and I've seen both enough now to know the difference.

Same with psoriasis, your doc or derm can have every degree and award he wants on the wall but if he can't figure out your psoriasis or at least give you reasonable relief, those things aren't worth a darn in my opinion.

** Originally posted by Mybadgenes **

I'm tired of taking my car in for recalls. Oh, where is this thread going?

Juanita

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi juanita,
im getting to confused because i don't know were this is all going.lol all

have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by misales **

I think Japan has very good docs. Seems to me that I've heard other things mentioned about probiotics and health including psoriasis and leaky gut.

The big trick is if someone finds the magic ONE. The regimine is probably like the rest, fixes some but not all. I think if it was the solution, all with PPP would be on it. Thats a no-brainer.

UVB has fixed me for now but how many have failed, including even me the first time I tried it.

It's a long costly trip to Japan if you're in the USA.

** Originally posted by K9pal **

This is very interesting, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't really tell the details of the treatment plan. I'd like to see that. Anyone know any of the details?

** Originally posted by Tammy71 **

I heard about the Dr. from Japan, and I tried the biotin for over a year and it did not work for me. I have a severe case of PPP. on my hands & feet. I should have known it wouldn't be that easy to get rid of.
I hope it works for others!
Tammy

The details of the treatment plan are to take biotin along with Clostridium butyricum (probiotic agent) and quit smoking (be/c it reduces biotin levels dramatically). She says it took her 7 months to clear. It kind of makes sense to me, but like everyone else is thinking, if it worked, why don't docs here know about it. Unless this treatment is very new. It does seem to me that my doc believes that this is incurable, so he'll never try anything new. Sorry but I don't have a lot of time right now. I'll check back with you guys later tonight.
Branflakes

p.s. don't try that Clostridium butyricum probiotic without finding out about it. From my searchings on the web it may be a good thing OR it may cause botchulism (which I can't spell).

Hi everyone! I guess this thread is turning into a "do you take biotin" and "do you like Japanese cars" discussion. Cool, whatever keeps it going. Because I'm curious about this biotin thing.

In the article on the website, the lady says that biotin from food is not absorbed by the body but the biotin produced by the bacteria in one's gut is absorbed. Therefore, if your bacteria are unbalanced, you can have a host of immune system disorders (not just ppp) from a lack of biotin. So just taking the biotin may not do any good if your bacteria are still unbalanced. Now it seems to me that too much bad bacteria - the kind that eats your biotin - would be fed my biotin suppliments. So just taking a biotin pill without fixing the bacteria problem wouldn't work or may even make the situation worse. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a doctor on this website that came here every so often just to answer questions like this. Or at least a microbiologist. Any of those around here? If one should happen to read this thread, here's my question: How do you know if your bacteria are unbalanced and if they are how do you fix the problem without making it worse? And is bacteria imbalance even a real problem?

Okay, later guys. Any input is always appreciated.
Branflakes

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders