PAGANO Diet? Anyone tried it?

** Originally posted by FionaJade **

Hi, Im going to try the PAGANO diet.

ABout diet= http://pinch.com/skin/docs/pagano.txt

Paganos website= http://www.psoriasis-healing.com/

That little boy with the bad facial P, I felt for him so much, the look of pain on his face. But the diet apparently cleared him of P.

I'll try anything!

SO its apples for me for the next few days!!

X Fiona

57 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by cereal **

HI Feona, welcome to the boards. I bet there has been more debate about the Pagano diet on these boards than any other topic. here are some links about it.

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9860&highlight=pagano

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11296&highlight=pagano

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6776&highlight=pagano

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6441&highlight=pagano

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8996&highlight=pagano

you can put pagano into the search and there's over 100 threads about it. I think it's like everything else, it might work for one person but not the next. Everyone seems to have their own opinion about it. Good Luck, let us know how it works for you. Welcome to the P family.

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Hi Fiona I'm on my own version of Dr. Pagano's diet....did the 3 day apple diet (well on third day I had an evening meal).....I'm going to post two sites that have been posted in the "alternate treatments" thread but might be hard to find now...it was a couple weeks ago...Dr. Pagano got the majority of his information from Edgar Cayce, who was called the Sleeping Prophet, but thats another story. He would give health readings for people in a sleep state.....he died in 1945 I think......there is an institute in Virginia Beach VA that houses the thousands of readings that he gave in his lifetime....Dr. Pagano went to the records library and researched psoriasis and out of that came the book!!
I found a site that gives some parts or briefs of those readings....it's good reading for those interested in the diet....

http://www.svpvril.com/psoriasis.html

also a site that some P people were talking about slippery elm tea.....I use the powder by NOW (vitamin co.) and the lozengers, by Thayer's company..our local health store doesn't sell it in bulk so I found a supplier on line that sells a lot of Cayce recommendations....Including the ultra violet light he talks about in the post I'm including......(imagine he recommended this way back when!) ....just do a search on slippery elm or saffron tea
http://www.baar.com/index.shtml

this is the site that I found where these people had such good results with slippery elm.....

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/psoriasis-testimonials/messages/72

I've been on a regimen that I posted on the alt. site...but last month I started the slippery elm and don't know if its the combination of my vitamins, diet, or slippery elm, but I am finally seeing some good results...especially the inverse P......good luck and keep us posted...the site where the fellow from San Fran. gave a synopsis of the book was very good....

** Originally posted by MikeCa **

Dear friends,

I have been on Pagano like regime for over a year with great results. I have not been doing any colonic and also his dietary recommendationsh I have changed somewhat. Apples are not good for me period and I aviod them. I have also excluded dairy products all together and as far as meat goes I only eat fish. Eggs are no no so is white sugar.
In addition to my diatery supplements I am taking slipery elm and saffron tea. Few months ago I added flax oil, which is the best source of omega 3. I take 2-3 tablespoons a day and I saw a great improvement.
There is many people who do not think much about Pagano diet, but I believe that it provides a good nutritional guidlines and it is up to individual to make it work.

** Originally posted by lyss **

I've been on the pagano diet for over a year, and went off it a couple of months ago, then restarted. I did the apple diet and then had one colonic. My p got worse, as it did last time, and then three weeks later it was practically all gone!

I went into hospital to have 4 wisdom teeth out, two teeth revealed at the back of my mouth and two cuts made under my top lip, o and the top bone loosened. This was about a week ago, and I was on a hydration drip the whole two days I was in hospital, so as soon as I was out, my face was amazingly swallon, but my p was virtually gone (off my scalp)

And then the day after, I got chicken pox. As well as being in swallon pain and itchiness, my p decided to get a whole lot worse on my scalp again, its unbelievably red and dry.

So the Pagano diet was working really well for me, until I got chicken pox. It should get better soon! The diet is really worth it.

Good luck with the diet!! :) :D

** Originally posted by Resist **

Not this Pagano diet stuff yet again. Look people, Pagano is a Chiropractor. Let medical science take care of Psoriasis. There are to many snake oil salespeople out there. Don't fall for their goods.

** Originally posted by alanc **

Resist - A lot of people are controlling and/or curing their P through alternative treatments. I have "stepped out of the box" and after forty years with P I am 99.9% clear. If I were to strip I would have to show you my P, you would have a difficult time identifying it. The medical profession will not support any treatments that doesn't make them $$$. P is a autoimmune systemic disease. Why not support the immune system as many of these approaches do? It does take time with these approaches, but how long have you had P? Took me three months before I started clearing and I am stll clearing. I did have lpaque which is now gone and have a bit(unnoticible) of guttate remaining. Whether they are Chinese, Indian, American folkore, etc., scientific studies have shown that many of these herbs and foods affect the immune system and T-Cell activity and balance. A combination of all these approaches addressing the liver, digestive system and circulatory systems in a way to cover all the areas of concern. Many of the topicals and systemic approaches put a huge stress(yes, STRESS) on the immune system. They do not help but only support the condition. Sorry for the schpeel, but I have lost much faith in our medical industry changing a chemical structure every seven years to get a new drug on the market.

** Originally posted by jrs **

good luck hun. my only advise to you is if you go on this diet go on it and stick to it and dont cheat your self . you will get worse befor better and it dont happen over night. stay away from all the negitive people that says oh that dont work.( alot of your loved ones will say that cause you will put a crimp in there style). and nobody else really matters anyway. nothing easy about it .

alanc,

I hear what you are saying but, many uninformed people believe these snake oil salespeople when they say they can cure Psoriasis. And some will get results....at first, just because they want to believe it. Funny how there are lots of so called cures for Psoriasis developed by people without backgrounds in the Psoriasis field. Could it be they know the unpredictable nature of Psoriasis is the perfect disease to peddle a cure from?

For me, I will stick with the experts and not some Chiropractor claiming to know more about Psoriasis than those actually in the Psoriasis field. I am also 99.9% clear right now. Thanks to medical science.

Common sense should also tell most people if you eat right, get plenty of rest and exercise you will mentally feel better. If a person mentally feels better, they will have less stress which will effect Psoriasis.

** Originally posted by FionaJade **

Ive done most of this diet already, being GF, DF, YF, SF and NSF.
Ive been eating only Alkaline foods now for the past five day, and got some slippery elm herb to take.
Ive noticed a calming already. It quite exciting really!
Ive been helping my P+PA with diet and herbs for years now.
Diet DOES matter, if what you put in your body really didnt matter, then people wouldnt get fat or get heart disease or diabeties, surely that shows it is simple logic!

SO the biggest thing about the Pagano diet is that it concentrates on Alkaline foods.

As far as 'medical science' goes, the drug companies dont support herbs because you cant copyright/patten a herb, so theres no profit to be made. BUT you can create a synthetic version of a herb and copyright that!
(for example SSRIs and st.johns wort)
Also, the whole treat disease with diet thing dosent interest them either simply because there is no profit to be made!
Greed and ego just blinds logic for most people on the planet at the end of the day..

The thing with drugs is that they havent developed a way of being able to tell if a drug will benefit you , or hurt you. There are so many people here who have had a good response from the biologics, and so many who have been seriously hurt by them.
There is no way to tell if Enbrel would be good for me or bad for me. This is why Im too causious to use them. Ive had enough of a bad experience with Clobetasol which nearly put me in a wheelchair!
Id rather try the logical way anyday!

xXxFiona

** Originally posted by debber_1 **

Hi Fiona,
Did you use a lot of clobetasol on large areas or a moderate amount? .....Can you give us a few details?

Diet DOES matter, if what you put in your body really didnt matter, then people wouldnt get fat or get heart disease or diabeties, surely that shows it is simple logic!

It's not simple logic, if it were we would already have a cure. Diet matters more for some diseases than others. Psoriasis is just not one of those that it matters more with. Getting fat or getting heart disease or diabetes is related to what and how much a person eats. This is hardly an equal comparison to Psoriasis. With your logic breast cancer can be reduced or cured by eliminating certain foods in our diet.

Diet may help you with your Psoriasis, it never has with mine or the majority of people with this disease. But as I stated before, eating right helps with your mood. Which helps with Psoriasis. If more people reduced junk food intake, exercised and got plenty of rest, I bet they would see the same results as your getting with the Pagano diet. And this is simple logic!

Fiona! good for you! glad you are seeing some results....It took me a month to see visible results with the diet and slippery elm....keep it up and don't get discouraged....we all have our own methods of survival...I've found mine and I'm happy with it...don't let people bring you down....that's not what we're here for....I hope you keep seeing improvement and please keep posting.

Alanc...what are you using for the P...diet? and what else...it's always interesting to see what others are doing besides compromising their immune system...are you on any herbs or vitamins?

mikeCa...glad to see you are having good luck too...actually the Pagano diet is just a healthy way of eating....I don't think the people that knock it have even read the book...or they would see that it is just plain good balanced eating ...I stay mostly alkaline ( but varied abit during Thanksgiving on the sweets)
this has been such a long struggle with fighting P that any relief we get is to be enjoyed.....I'm so happy all of you are getting something positive from Pagano...keep it up....I usually try to stay on the "alternate treatment" thread cause there are others that follow it and its a way of keeping everyone up to date......

don't let people bring you down

And don't let people take advantage of your disease. Pagano is a Chiropractor! I would no more let a Chiropractor treat my Psoriasis than I would let a car salesman clean my teeth. If Pagano was a derm involved in Psoriasis research then I would be more inclined to listen to what he had to say.

All these alternate Psoriasis treatment books seem to be coming from people with no formal training or background about Psoriasis. Do you ever wonder why this is?

** Originally posted by jrs **

for the people that are so sure that diet dont help i just wonder how much did they actually stay on a diet to make these decesions they are so quick to make a judgment about. myself it took 9 months and i got worse befor i got better of a very strick ( no cheating ) diet. when you have that kinda time in a diet by all means tell us your story but if its your oponion well you know what they say about them. i will say it was to hard for me i stayed clear 3 years but my life was misurable . i live to eat drink and raise hell. but thats me . but there are times when im misurable with this mess i wish i would have stayed on the diet . struggle either way for me.

and sally is right dont let anyone bring you down that dont have a clue what there talking about( my family and freinds gave me hell i wasnt any fun anymore). and i dont think the indian that found asprin had his phd either.

** Originally posted by alanc **

Fiona! good for you! glad you are seeing some results....It took me a month to see visible results with the diet and slippery elm....keep it up and don't get discouraged....we all have our own methods of survival...I've found mine and I'm happy with it...don't let people bring you down....that's not what we're here for....I hope you keep seeing improvement and please keep posting.

Alanc...what are you using for the P...diet? and what else...it's always interesting to see what others are doing besides compromising their immune system...are you on any herbs or vitamins?

mikeCa...glad to see you are having good luck too...actually the Pagano diet is just a healthy way of eating....I don't think the people that knock it have even read the book...or they would see that it is just plain good balanced eating ...I stay mostly alkaline ( but varied abit during Thanksgiving on the sweets)
this has been such a long struggle with fighting P that any relief we get is to be enjoyed.....I'm so happy all of you are getting something positive from Pagano...keep it up....I usually try to stay on the "alternate treatment" thread cause there are others that follow it and its a way of keeping everyone up to date......

A couple of weeks ago a co-worker of my wife asked how I kept clear since her husband was having a terrible time with his P. This is what I sent - it applies to much of what eveyone is doing successfully and is a muti-facted approach since the problem can be coming from the gut, the circulatory system or especially the liver. Personally, I saw success with Milk Thistle first, quite a few scientific studies back its use. Everything comes into play - bacteria, parasites, viruses, etc., could be any one or the other. I pinpoint mine to the liver since I've been a drinker all my life. My thoughts on all the steroids, systemic drugs, etc that are currnetly prescribed are nothing but bandaids that stress the liver. Think I did post this previously, hopefully it will help someone. (My wife and I have eaten low carb for over three years)
"You have to eliminate toxins, toxins are eliminated through the liver and gastro-intestinal tract so you have to support those areas. If those organs are overloaded or not functioning properly then they cannot get rid of the toxins and the immune system attacks the toxins, thus the autoimmune disease. Got to help the immune system. I do believe that the topical sulutions and the drugs that are administered but the docs just treat the symptoms rather than getting to the cause of the problem. Just like cholesterol. Got high Cholesterol? here take this and now it's low. They don't get to the reason as to why it was high.

Diet is very important - no processed foods, sugar, or junk foods. Eliminate wheat products. Basically low carb.Some say eliminate dairy (but I haven't, I don't drink milk but have cheese and butter).
I've read that a lot of people have had success on the Pagano Diet

Milk Thistle (Liver Protectant and balances T Cell production)
Borlean's High Lignan Flax Seed Oil (Skin & Liver/2 tbs day)
Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (Ph balance & bacteria reduction/gastro-intestinal tract)
Red Clover Leaf Tincture (Blood cleansing)
Magnesium and
Zinc (skin health)
sometimes I take Curcumin and Cuercetin.
Probiotics are also helpful and I may get some.
Try to eat an apple a day for pectin.

How does stress come into play ---- stress causes the release of adrenalin which puts a very hard strain on the liver. When the liver is overloaded it cannot eliminate toxins properly, which is its primary function.

Here' is a quote that is easily understood...

Ok lets get to the facts of understanding what is going on as it is vital that you understand how the whole cycle of Psoriasis works from the inside out. First of all if you doubt that psoriasis comes from liver/gastro disorders/imbalances. Here is the proof, normally all Psoriasis sufferers also suffer from some form of either allergies (especially food intolerences) and/or digestive/bowel disorders. This is not a coincidence. The organ that is directly responsible for these symptoms is the liver. The skin is said to be a mirror of the gut. So if your gut is imbalanced so will your skin be.

Psoriasis is an auto-immune disorder which is basically an advanced type of allergy. Most Psoriasis sufferers will be affected by a yeast overgrowth both internally and externaly which causes excess toxins to be released that puts further strain on the liver. Their stomach/digestive tract will also generally have a PH imbalance which makes it acidic. The perfect enviroment for the bad intestinal bacteria. It should normally be alkaline which is the opposite of the outer skin which should normally have an acid balance (the acid mantle).

Psoriasis sufferers will also be affected by a PH imbalance on the eperdermis (outer-skin). The skin PH (especially around the patches) will be more alkaline then healthy skin should be (normally PH 5.5). Yeast like micro-organisms called Pityrosporum ovale flourish in a more greasy alkaline enviroment (especially the scalp). That is why Psoriasis will often start at the point where sebum glands used to be the most active, like the scalp, ears, nose etc... These natural micro-organisms normally populate our skin/scalp and help us by getting rid of dead skin cells (our own natural exfoliators). However, a problem arises when these guys get overcrowded as they irritate the skin and therefore overstimulate the production of new skin cells. This triggers the auto-immune response from our bodies that believes it has to react to some form of agression which reinforces the cycle of rapid production of new skin layers. This accumulated skin now forms much quicker than even our scavenging friends can deal with. This ends up causing patches of Psoriasis and excess amounts of dry flaking itchy and often inflammed skin. The problem unfortunately tends to spread and eventually become systemic.

Some good links
http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=8&i=192
http://www.skyeherbals.com/forum/index.php/topic,7.0.html
http://www.herbalinformation.com/milkthistlearticle.html
may consider this but expensive, a real immune system booster.
http://www.moonbowmedia.com/health/mgn3.htm

** Originally posted by floridian **

With your logic breast cancer can be reduced or cured by eliminating certain foods in our diet.

Your right, breast cancer can be reduced by diet! There is a large body of evidence that shows that diet can increase or decrease a woman's risk of breast cancer. Once cancer is diagnosed, surgery or other options are definitely in order and diet drops to adjunct status. But psoriasis is not a malignant disease, and there is evidence that diet can modify the course of psoriasis.

Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004 Aug;13(8):1283-9.
Carbohydrates and the risk of breast cancer among Mexican women.

J Clin Oncol. 2004 Nov 15;22(22):4507-13.
Insulin, physical activity, and caloric intake in postmenopausal women: breast cancer implications.

Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004 Aug;86(3):225-35.
High-Fat Corn Oil Diet Promotes the Development of High Histologic Grade Rat DMBA-Induced Mammary Adenocarcinomas, While High Olive Oil Diet Does Not.

J Nutr. 2004 Dec;134(12):3445S-52S.
Chemoprevention by Grape Seed Extract and Genistein in Carcinogen-induced Mammary Cancer in Rats Is Diet Dependent.

here is a portion of a letter sent to our boards by the powers that be.

"In the last couple of months, it has come to our attention that the message boards have become an unfriendly place for just about anyone attempting to share their treatment success with alternative therapies. After many complaints from board users, we would like to publicly address this issue.

There are literally hundreds of different ways to treat psoriasis -- from the strongest prescription medications to over-the-counter products to dietary and natural approaches. In a similar way, each person's psoriasis is somewhat different, with varying symptoms and responses to treatment. There is no way to predict which approach will work the best for any one person."

for those who would like to read the whole transcript here is a link....

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5306

** Originally posted by ericm **

Hello Fiona,

From personal experience, I found that certain diet aggravate my psoriasis to some extent, specially junk foods, while other foods, such as night shades (tomato, eggplants, etc..) described by Dr. Pagano had no significant affect. Standard dietary approach (rich in fruit and vegetables) works well for me. Since everyone respond differently to diet approach, read as many books you can muster and apply the ones that make sense to you.

If you analyze and study thousands of diet books, you will realized that each author comes from many different walk of life and profession, and each has his/her own pet theory about how and why diet works for them. Oftentimes, they will incorporate certain routines brought from their professional experiences, i.e. a dance instructor will apply dancing routine to diet, a yoga instructor will apply yoga routine, a martial artist will apply martial arts routine, etc... Dr. Pagano provided similar methods by incorporating chiropractic treatments through his dietary solution for psoriasis. Just note that a licensed chiropractor primary focus is pain management of muscle ache rather than providing treatment of psoriasis. An ethical professional will refer such a patient to a proper specialist when necessary.

I just want to provide this factual information about chiropractic to rectify any misrepresentation done by one of our member here.

Facts about Chiropractic:

* their primary effective treatment is pain management of muscle ache
* ethical responsibility include referring patients to an appropriate specialist when necessary
* does not practice colonic/enema treatment
* does not practice or subscribe to leaky gut theory
* must have advanced degree (doctor of chiropractic) through approved institution.
* must have a current valid license issued by the state to practice
* unless they are a licensed MD, they do not practice medicine, neither do any medical doctor allowed to practice chiropractic without a proper license.
* effective and ethical chiropractors seek to cooperate and work side by side with medical doctors rather than against them.

Personal experiences with chiropractic:

Many athletes who are involved in extensive contact sports, like football, are currently being treated with chiropractic - LaDainian Tomlinson, a highly accomplished running back from San Diego Chargers, is an example.

SOURCE: California Board of Chiropractic Examiners:

Vocations Requiring License:
Doctor of chiropractic.

Authority:
Chiropractic Initiative Act;
Business and Professions Code, Sec. 1000 et seq.;
California Code of Regulations, Title 16, Chap. 4.

Other Special License Requirements:
Chiropractors intending to take or supervise x-rays must obtain an X-Ray Supervisor and Operator Certificate, from the Department of Health Services, Radiologic Health Section.

SOURCE: California Occupational Guide Number 547

Chiropractors/Doctors of Chiropractic take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, diagnose and give treatments for illness and injury. Because of the emphasis on the spine and its position, most Chiropractors use x-rays to help locate the source of patients' difficulties and also to rule out fractures or disease.

Chiropractors treat patients primarily by manual adjustments, especially of the spinal column. They use different therapies including massage, water,light, ultrasound, electric, cold and heat to aid in the healing of the muscles, joints, and nerves. They may make dietary and nutritional recommendations, advise on exercise and sleeping habits and also may suggest and apply the use of supports such as straps, tapes, bandages, and braces if deemed necessary.

Some Chiropractors specialize in athletic injuries, neurology, orthopedics, nutrition, and internal disorders. Others specialize in taking and interpreting X-rays and other diagnostic images.

Chiropractors do not prescribe drugs or perform surgery. If they discover evidence of disease, injury or condition which is outside their scope of practice, they must refer the patient to an appropriate health care provider.

ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS AND TRAINING

The educational standards for chiropractic colleges require that all students seeking admission furnish proof that they have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate education. A few states require a four-year bachelor's degree. Pre-professional course requirements include English or communications, psychology, social sciences or humanities, biological science, general or inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics. Most colleges have additional requirements.

A minimum of four academic years of study at an accredited chiropractic college, including practice in a teaching clinic, is required for the Doctor of Chiropractic degree. The curriculum that must be completed should not be less than 4,400 hours. Courses must be presented in the proper sequence to provide sufficient depth to adequately prepare the student for professional practice.

Courses offered in chiropractic colleges include human anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, pathology, public health, clinical and laboratory diagnosis, gynecology, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, dermatology, psychology, dietetics, orthopedics, physical therapy, first aid, spinal analysis, principles and practice of chiropractic, adjustive technique, and other appropriate subjects.

Clinical practice is the major feature in the educational preparation of the chiropractic physician. Clinical experience helps students achieve competency. There are four accredited chiropractic colleges in California: the Palmer College of Chiropractic-West and the Life Chiropractic College-West in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Cleveland Chiropractic College, and the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic.

The Board of Chiropractic Examiners regulates the practice of chiropractic and grants licenses to Chiropractors who meet educational requirements and pass the state board examination. The board also requires practitioners to complete annual postgraduate study for license renewal. Currently, the State of California requires that candidates complete at least two years of pre-chiropractic education plus 4,400 hours of course work in a recognized chiropractic school or have a valid license from another state.

Chiropractic requires keen observation to detect physical abnormalities and considerable hand dexterity, but not unusual strength or endurance. Persons desiring to become Chiropractors should be able to work independently and handle responsibility. The ability to work with detail is important. Empathy and understanding are desirable qualities for dealing effectively with patients.

ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION

The American Chiropractic Association
1701 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22209
(703) 276-8800
http://www.amerchiro.org

California Department of Consumer Affairs
Board of Chiropractic Examiners
2710 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite N-100
Sacramento, CA 95833-3505
(916) 263-5355
http://www.dca.ca.gov/

California Chiropractic Association
1600 Sacramento Inn Way, Suite 106
Sacramento, CA 95815
(916) 648-2727
http://www.calchiroassn.org/

Google peer-reviewed search:
http://scholar.google.com/

** Originally posted by ericm **

Hello Sally,

Thanks for providing many helpful hints about alternative treatments. The extensive topics you posted has been invaluable to say the least. I'm proud of you, so keep up the good work.

I think including the advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of various alternative treatments will insure our members will be well informed from misinformation and misrepresentation.

best,
eric

here is a portion of a letter sent to our boards by the powers that be.

"In the last couple of months, it has come to our attention that the message boards have become an unfriendly place for just about anyone attempting to share their treatment success with alternative therapies. After many complaints from board users, we would like to publicly address this issue.

There are literally hundreds of different ways to treat psoriasis -- from the strongest prescription medications to over-the-counter products to dietary and natural approaches. In a similar way, each person's psoriasis is somewhat different, with varying symptoms and responses to treatment. There is no way to predict which approach will work the best for any one person."

for those who would like to read the whole transcript here is a link....

http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5306

** Originally posted by floridian **

Thanks for the info, Eric. I've been to several chiropractors over the past decade, and my neck and back are much better off for it.

In many states, nutrition is within the defined scope of chiropractic physicians.

Nutritional Advice
The ACA is also concerned with the commission's discussions regarding a doctor of chiropractic's qualifications to provide nutritional advice to his/her patients. As part of their education, doctors of chiropractic are provided training in nutrition and utilize this knowledge in providing nutritional advice to achieve the overall wellness of their patients. Most state practice acts recognizes the ability of doctors of chiropractic to provide nutritional advice to their patients. For example, Commissioner Dr. Veronica Gutierrez' home state of Washington's chiropractic state scope of practice specifically recognizes chiropractic treatment to include "…dietary advice and recommendation of nutritional supplementation except for medicines of herbal, animal or botanical origin."

http://www.amerchiro.org/government/white_house/0202_testimony.shtml

I would also point out that while conventional medical schools have made an effort to increase the role of nutrition in the curriculum, it is still relatively neglected. A survey from 2003 found that only 40% of medical schools require a course in nutrition, and that it is rare that a school requires more than one course.

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/archives/td_0204p20.shtml

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders