Organic/Sulfate Free shampoos

** Originally posted by Joann71 **

Does anybody have a good sulfate free shampoo/conditioner they can recommend? I'm looking for a good conditioner. I have tried several of the available shampoos and conditioners and the problem I have is that they don't condition very well. I have tried to use more conditioner and leave it on for longer but I still find it difficult to comb through my hair.

7 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

Hi there,

I started using this Kirkman labs Shampoo & Conditioner when I found out that my son was chemically sensitive to everything. He has many allergies and this works well. I was suprised to see that it washed and conditioned as good as any other regular stuff from the stores. Don't get me wrong- it doesn't condition like the $20 super stuff that you buy at the Hair Salon, but it is just as good as the regular store bought brands. I get the unscented and it is fine.

Here is a link to the chem free hypoallergenic conditioner:
http://www.kirkmankleen.com/ViewKirkmanKleenProductDetails@Product_ID@244@p roduct_group_id@2.aspx

I hope this helps.

** Originally posted by Mikel **

Free & Clear ?

** Originally posted by Joann71 **

I will try the Kirkman products. Did you order online or are they available in stores (chain drugstores, natural product stores, etc?)

I believe I have tried free & clear and the conditioner just doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the info.

Joann

** Originally posted by crowfriend **

I use Aubrey.

** Originally posted by MadCat **

Does anybody have a good sulfate free shampoo/conditioner they can recommend? I'm looking for a good conditioner. I have tried several of the available shampoos and conditioners and the problem I have is that they don't condition very well. I have tried to use more conditioner and leave it on for longer but I still find it difficult to comb through my hair.

BRAND: Al'chemy
TYPE: Unscented & Very Gentle

SHAMPOO: http://www.purist.com/product.php?product=24

CONDITIONER: http://www.purist.com/product.php?product=36

It is an Australian brand but I am 99.99% sure they sell it overseas too.

It is a fantastic range. Not tested on animals, suitable for vegans. Leaves your hair really soft and silky. It is very concentrated, so you only need to use a little bit.

I use to work in a nursing home and HAD to wash my hair everyday because poo and other such yucky things use to get in it. During that period I used this Al'chemy brand. It was gentle enough to use everyday. it really helped my P too and did not irritate it like most shampoos. They also have a deep cleansing conditioner for dry or damaged hair – really leaves your hair silky, easy to comb through.

** Originally posted by Ciro **

I'm a boy (trapped in a mans body) and I keep my hair shortish.

I have used various natural shampoos since late December of 2007 and they work really well for me.

I would seriously recommend trying it to anyone who has not.

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

I have never seen Kirkmans in the stores. I think they may only be available online. I order a lot of their products so I am always on their website. They are truly chem free plus free of other things my son and I are avoiding.

I have never tried this brand, but Shaklee (spelling?) is supposed to be good too.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders