Mercury Fillings

** Originally posted by tplee **

I am trying to get a poll of how many people have mercury fillings in their mouth and have Psoriasis. I would appreciate it if you went to my site and voted in the poll on the right hand side at the top of the page. Thanks - TPLEE

http://tommymollypsoriasis.blogspot.com/

56 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by kerniemac **

I'll vote in your poll but I don't believe mercury fillings have any connection. Most everyone in the U.S. has mercury fillings but relatively few of us have psoriasis.

thanks. I really think they do play a factor for some. Just like some people respond well to diet but others don't, right.

** Originally posted by lpagano **

Well, I had mercury fillings, but I had p before I had fillings. I no longer have the fillings, but still have the p.

** Originally posted by anteek **

We have to keep in mind that many, many children of a very young age have psoriasis, and they have no fillings at all. Mercury fillings have become a popular bugaboo for many conditions. My opinion is that they probably were never exactly good for us, but are not causative or a trigger for P. I have mercury fillings that I have had for over forty years before I ever had any Psoriasis.

We do have to keep asking questions, though. One day someone will ask just the right one.

sorry not trying to be rude. It just seems like the first thing people try to do on this forum is disprove other peoples theories. They don't try to help they are the first to tell you no way that can't be possible.

Thank you if you voted

** Originally posted by Resist **

I don't believe mercury has any connection with Psoriasis. Breathing air probably has a bigger connection. But then again I don't believe diet plays a role either, overall health yes but not for Psoriasis. When medical proof confirms it then I will jump on board, but speculation isn't proof.

** Originally posted by kptruck **

see this is what I am talking about. IF YOU READ THE OTHER POSTS I AM NOT SAYING MERCURY IS THE CAUSE OF P. I AM SAYING IT MAY BE FOR SOME.

This is why I have to talk like this. Its like speaking to a brick wall.

*Deep breath*

Now you know Ill be the first to pipe up and say I was one who really didnt care for you much. Mostly because you got so upset almost attacking people for their views. Youre a really good guy, I honestly believe this. I know youre frustrated too. But you shouldnt take it out on people for saying what they want to say. I said on one of the other threads you made that I even didnt think there was any connection. You didnt jump on me.... please dont get so upset with others for stating their opinion too. This stupid disease affects all of us and our families. When someone says theres no connection to this or that just say, ok, I respect your opinion and let it go. The reason people get so defensive with you is because you seem to really get mad fast and I understand because I realize how hard of a time you are having with this crap.

That being said, I think some people just end up with P and some dont. Its genetic. Its no different than if you get cancer, or are born with some other disease. Some people just get it. Its so different for everyone. Thats why theres no cure, what works for one doesnt work for another. Its no different than a tornado that hits this house and skips that one only to hit the next three. We just get this. Some get guttate, some get pustular some get scalp some get palmo plantar. Some can clear up with diet, some with medications, some with topicals. Five people might use a topical, but its different types of topicals that helps each person. Its just so different for everyone.

Taking a poll on how many of us have mercury fillings, is no different than asking how many of us grew up in homes with lead paint? How many of us did drugs when we were teens? How many of us drink city water? How many of us live within a hundred miles of a chemical plant? How many of us live near power lines? How many of us have been swimming in lakes? How many of us have been to certain states?

Theres just too many variables to narrow it down to a cause. I think that for even you or me to find out what caused it, theres simply too many variables. Instead of focusing on what "might" have caused something, just try to get better. Youre doing this diet thing, which I think is great because I honestly believe its working for you, youre pics look wonderful compared to what they did. Going on a thought, that if it 'had' been the mercury fillings that caused it, hypothetically, the diet wouldnt clear you up, only removing the fillings might help. But with the same example, if the diet is clearing you up, maybe it was something in your diet that caused it?

Im not saying youre right, Im not saying youre wrong. I know youre probably desperate to figure it out and I have doubts that youll ever really know what caused your outbreak. I think its good youre trying to learn from this and inquire, even doing polls. Just try to remember something, all of us, all these people you jump the gun with and get mad at, we are ALL in the same boat as you. We all suffer the same. Our pains and aches may be different, but we all hurt. Just keep that in mind when people dont agree with you. Read the reply, think to yourself, I dont agree with him, and then simply respond with "thanks for your input, I appreciate it" and move on.

I grew to like you, if I can do that, others can also and pretty soon you wont feel like people are attacking you :) Now smile, because people DO care about you! Even when we dont see eye to eye!

kptruck, I could not have said it better.

And if he wasn't linking Psoriasis to Mercury, then why make a post about Mercury on a Psoriasis forum? We don't care about Mercury in the thread area titled, Psoriasis unless it relates to Psoriasis.

** Originally posted by anteek **

Since the idea of this entire forum is to be supportive of each other, I am really surprised that those who call others things like stupid and ignorant, are still allowed to participate. There are all kinds of forums on the Net where that kind of thing goes on, and behavior learned there is very inappropriate here.

Those of us who play nicely deserve to be protected from those who cause stress and turmoil.

** Originally posted by Baytoven **

No mercury fillings for dh.

Maybe because I have had p since I was a kid, or maybe because it runs in my family, I have never blamed my p on anything other than what it is, bad gene pool. However I often see people come here, and usually it is young people, but not always that are so upset and so distraught that they just cannot believe that p or pa was not caused by something they ate, drank, wore, smelled, visited or you name it. They spiral down into depths of depression, or they look in vain for the one thing that everyone has over looked...p has been around for thousands of years long before any of the foods, fillings, cigarettes, booze or environment that we have now. These things may agravate it in some of us, but they most certainly don't cause it. So tplee, I feel sorry for you, you are chasing the rabbit down the hole. You will never find the cause, you will only find what works for you.

I'm done. It's useless. I am not worried about my P anymore. Its going away everyday. I know it will be 100% gone soon. The reason I even bother being on this forum is because I know there are people who were in the same state I was 2 months ago.

Thats fine if I never find the answer. But at least I try. Yes actually try. You folks can sit here idle while a cure NEVER comes, because it's not coming EVER. Or you can try to do something it about it.

Good luck

Once again you people aren't reading my posts. I understand that some people have had psoriasis before there mercury fillings. I never once said that I disagreed that for some mercury fillings isn't a factor. The reason I get upset is because My first post just said "Hey who has mercury fillings". I didn't imply anything or say everyone who has mercury fillings is gonna get psoriasis. But all the reponses were I have mercury fillings but it didn't cause my psoriasis. I didn't ask you for that. All I asked was do you have fillings or not.

Sorry people are just very ignorant in this forum. They are so quick to be negative and try to disprove people. Look at my posts I didn't turn this into a thread about the link between mercury and P. You guys did.

Sigh.... now why cant you let people put in their 2 cents when they let you put in yours? You start to get people to liking you and get on your side and then you turn around and insult people by calling us ignorant... We arent ignorant, but you are epic failing to see what we are talking about. Im sorry but these forums are for discussions and for talking about stuff and if you cant handle it maybe you dont belong here after all :) Im not going to keep sticking up for you when youre being outright rude and mean to the people I care so greatly for. Maybe when you get your anger issues under control you can be more equipped for handling discussions on this forum.

You folks can sit here idle while a cure NEVER comes, because it's not coming EVER. Or you can try to do something it about it.

Good luck

Everyone, EVERYONE on this forum is trying to do something about P. What is it exactly that you dont understand? You are incapable of discussing anything due to your anger issues. Thats a shame because I know youre a smart guy, you just arent street smart enough to understand not to insult people who also are trying to find something to help themselves and other people.

You can ignorantly believe that people are "sitting idle" But youre the fool then because not one of us is idle. You need to find a good anger management program and a forum to match and take it there. People here have enough things to think about and to do than to listen to a grown man throw insults at people like a 5 year old...

Sorry but Ive gone out of my way to be nice to you and as you put it "Im done", no more being nice, youre insulting my family and insulting me.

Okay, this is you first post that started this thread.

And the post below is the last post you made claiming that you didn't turn this into a thread about mercury and psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis.

Pretty clear to me that you were linking mercury fillings and psoriasis.......If not, what the hell was you poll all about???call me ignorant.

You hit it on the head. I feel bad for the guy but I think he has other issues going on in his life that causes him to attack others.

Thats fine if I never find the answer. But at least I try. Yes actually try.

But the way you are going about trying to find "your" answer is not scientific. It's like asking how many people are right handed and have Psoriasis compared to being left handed.

You folks can sit here idle while a cure NEVER comes, because it's not coming EVER.

Maybe in your world, but in mine many things have come a long way medically. Numerous cancers are no longer a death sentence. More has been learned about the human DNA in the last 30 years than has been known for the last 3000.

** Originally posted by JustDucky **

Some people know how to use discussion forums and some dont. I think we have found one that doesnt.

This is my 3rd post here..only I never clicked to submit the other two.

I have seen people like this, with this type attitude on a forum for a game played mostly by kids. Kids post like this..with other kids. Adults discussing serious things, dont.

Everyone has an opinion...and thats what forums are about. Opinions dont mean one person is correct, and the other isnt. An opinion is only someones thoughts, and we certainly all dont think alike.

Perhaps he is better off sticking to his own website where he can talk to people any way he wants. I am surprised that someone hasnt reported him to the moderator yet.

** Originally posted by mitchelm **

Hey guys, I recently had all my mercury silver fillings replaced with composite fillings. I have both psoriasis and PsA. I thought there may be a connection as well so I went ahead and replaced them. Biggest mistake I ever made. I now have two teeth are ridiculously sensitive. Asked my dentist about it and he even said that many people who replace there are filling with white composite fillings have this problem. In general, composite fillings are softer and bond more to the tooth enamel and create more of a pushing/pulling interface causing unwanted sensitivity. I also came to learn that mercury silver fillings also last a lot longer. There is now evidence that composite fillings also contain BPA which may cause many more problems than tiniest level of mercury that is released my mercury silver fillings. So my next step is to go for two root canals, replace those two fillings with silver again, or just wait it which is what I have been doing. The dentist placed desensitizing agent on both teeth which certainly quieted things down for a few weeks, but the sensitivity is coming back.

I realize that each time you have fillings replaced, more tooth is drilled away and thus the filling gets closer to the root. But in these two teeth I speak of, the filling is not close to the root at all. These were quite superficial fillings that i replaced for cosmetic reasons along with the "fear of mercury."

So my overall advice, dont jump to replace your fillings. It wont change your psoriasis, and the possible pain and other issues is just not worth it.

Sorry if I'm a little skeptical to take the advice and opinions of people who rely on their doctors too much and the medical industry to tell them everything. I told my doctor I was going to try to get rid of my P naturally, by changing my diet drastically. He literally laughed at me and told me I "was on a fool's errand". He told me I had to see a dermatologist. He wouldn't even acknowledge that diet could be a factor. Oh and he also told me dentists don't use mercury fillings anymore. So yeah, I'm a little skeptical.

My doctor of 10 years told me this.

The picture below are from before I started My diet and then less than 2 months later. Larger pictures can be seen at : http://tommymollypsoriasis.blogspot.com/

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders