Medicare not paying for Humira

** Originally posted by bmcreppel **

I'm just a little sad because I thought, "Great"!!!! I have Medicare now. I've waited two years without insurance and thought it would be wonderful to get to see a doctor and a medication that would help. Well, wrong answer. Humira is so expensive and after you reach $2500, you have to pay 100% for your medication, so I won't be able to afford Humira or any other biologic. Now, I'm back to square one. They only want to give you prednisone. Prednisone makes me very miserable. The side effects are too much for me. I guess I'll just have these miserable sores for the rest of my life.

I'm so angry at my husbands new employer. They told him he would have medical insurance after 90 days when he gave up his other job. Well, they put a clause in there that they didn't cover the department he works in and they didn't tell him that part of it. So, they gave us the paperwork and then the insurance company informed us that we couldn't be covered and dropped us after two weeks. Well, in that time frame, we were past the 63 days and I have pre-existing conditions, so we couldn't find anyone who would cover me. I'm just so upset.

Can't win for losing......

: (

6 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by KellyPSA **

I'm just a little sad because I thought, "Great"!!!! I have Medicare now. I've waited two years without insurance and thought it would be wonderful to get to see a doctor and a medication that would help. Well, wrong answer. Humira is so expensive and after you reach $2500, you have to pay 100% for your medication, so I won't be able to afford Humira or any other biologic. Now, I'm back to square one. They only want to give you prednisone. Prednisone makes me very miserable. The side effects are too much for me. I guess I'll just have these miserable sores for the rest of my life.

I'm so angry at my husbands new employer. They told him he would have medical insurance after 90 days when he gave up his other job. Well, they put a clause in there that they didn't cover the department he works in and they didn't tell him that part of it. So, they gave us the paperwork and then the insurance company informed us that we couldn't be covered and dropped us after two weeks. Well, in that time frame, we were past the 63 days and I have pre-existing conditions, so we couldn't find anyone who would cover me. I'm just so upset.

Can't win for losing......

: (

I have Medicare, but I signed up for a Medicare HMO and Presciption plan....I have to pay 33 dollars a month for this, but the good news is that they cover Humira.., but this program alone pays only 25% but I am also in the state's pharmaceutical assistance program, so I am paying only 5 dollars a month....
Kelly

I am enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan. It is a PPO and I pay $59.00 a month for it. Our state doesn't have a patient assistant program. I contacted Abbott and because I'm on Medicare I'm not eligible for assistance.

And I love animals, but if the neighbors dogs don't quit barking, I'm gonna go freak out on them......I know that was totally a different subject, but geez I've heard them since 6:30 a.m.

Well, after all this time, I found out that customer service for the Medicare Advantage plan that I belong to, was giving me erroneous information. They will cover Remicade, so thank god for that. I'm happy that someone understood what I was saying. So, next step Remicade. Thanks to all for listening!!!!

Barb

** Originally posted by nyoki **

Excellent news. Congratulations and good luck. Remicade has worked wonders for me.

** Originally posted by Re **

I am so glad that you got coverage for Remicade. # years ago I sold insurance and 90% of it was for Medicare advanteg plans, supplementals, etc. Iwas gonna give ya some advice but problme solved so you don't need my two cents. I quit cause they wanted us to target the elderly and sell them stuff they did not need or could not aford. I am not comfortable doing bad things so as I was gonna quit fate qould have it that the PsA got me and...well ya know.
Re

** Originally posted by cajungirl **

I'm so glad you got approved for Remicade!!! It's worked wonders for me also!! I hope it turns out that it will be your wonderdrug! You deserve some peace in your life!

I've been MIA with some issues... Are you going to do them at the office in New Orleans?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders