Lost and Itchy....

Im 24 and a mom of 4 i was diagnosed with dermatitis (eczema) when i was a baby but 2 weeks ago i was diagnosed with Psoriasis but not a specific type. Traveling with my fiance for his job to Ohio from Oklahoma i had my first attack. I went to the urgent care clinic ASAP and was informed it was Guttate Psoriasis. I am new to the whole condition let alone a specific type...I am having a hard time getting a grip on the situation or where to start HELP

8 replies. Join the discussion

Hi - I'm sorry about your psoriasis. This site will give you different perspectives but in the meantime, I would say make sure you drink at least half your body weight in oz of water. I use the Bobble, filtered bottle. It will help with the itching and may also help clear you a little. Watch your diet and stay away from night shades, BBQ and Mexican food. That spice palate is no good for us. Make sure you soak at night and keep your areas moisturized. I use petroleum jelly and wrap in gauze. It's on my legs. Travel puts stress on the body, so I'm not surprised you flared up. Please let me know if you need more info.

We have been traveling since July and this is my first attack/flare. I have to admit i do have some much unwanted stress in my life. I have been using bath oil for soaking and a baby oil gel and lotion for moisture...any ideas are greatly appreciated

Hello, I am a 65 Yr. Old Male having my second breakout in my life. Sorry to hear about your outbreak of P on your trip. For the past week and a half I have been rubbing my areas infected with P with Aloe Vera ( The Desert Plant ). My next door neighbor has a ton of it and beleive it or not, it really works. I have been on the RX Ointments, Creams and the Potant Sprays, for a year now and the Aloe Vera runs circles around them. Just be sure and cut all the thorns off the sides so you won't get scratched. You should be able to find these plants at a nursery in your area, unless it's back east. I have not used any of my RX products now for the time I started with the Aloe and my itching and redness has gone away up to 70%, sure fells nice not to itch. I check in with this forum every once in awhile, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Hope you feel better.

best way to learn is to do a Google search

aloe vera has burned every time i have put it on :(

Dear Leaper,

You need to see a dermatologist as soon as possible. There are many things he/she can recommend. I have suffered from psoriasis for many years and have had some limited success at times. Please see a dermatologist that specializes in psoriasis.

Good luck. You are in a battle with psoriasis and the sooner you get help the better. Don't be discouraged just don't stop fighting until you can see progress. In the meantime try not to let things get on your nerves. Your loved one needs to be supportive of you because you will need emotional support to deal with the psoriasis. Best of luck.

Leap
Many have told me this also helps Guttate
Soooooooooooooooo many Inspire members claim it stops the itching IMMEDIATELY,
reduces the redness and scaling. Great for SCALP and skin. It's OTC, cheap/natural ....worth a try!
https://www.inspire.com/JULIAinFLA/journal/glycerin-mixed-w-witch-hazel-ant -inflammatory/

Thank you so much im going to try it and hope for the best and will be calling a dermatoligist tomorrow for an appt!! :D

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders