Ken Kessler? Nystatin? Remission/Cure?

** Originally posted by abuabdallah **

Hello everybody! Its Abu and Im happy to meet you!

NYSTATIN? PSORIASIS REMISSION/CURE? KESSLER? HELP!?!?

Well, i've finished reading almost everysingle post in this complementary and alternative thread, and still havent quite got the answers I was looking for so, please forgive me if i missed the thread where this has been asked before. :)

Im desperate,, im talking im ready to snap and lose it mental hospital desperate, Ive tried proz92, ayervedic tretments, TCM (accupuncture/pressure treatment) Herbs and vitamins, basically everything EXECPT ordering this psoriasis cure/remission program from this ken kessler charachter.

LONG STORY SHORT, as i understand it, forgive me if im wrong, he believes there is a yeast/bacteria/candida/fungus connection!? Supposedly he has his psoriasis in remission?! He said that he had a 7 year study done that helped 7/10 people!

I dotn want to post any links in fear that this post may be seen as spam, but im wondering if anyone knows anything about this NYSTATIN treatment and whether or not anyone has anything to say, positive or negative about the results....

Im going to do the Barney formula, ill take pics and everything once i start it, and ill even be a guinea pig for you guys// if this NYSTATIN works, ill document my progress if I get word about how good/bad the information is.

Hes selling it for $150 but hey, ive spent more on snake oil, ill do anything to find something that helps!

Please let me know if you yourself, or someone you know has tried the microbial approach of ridding psoriasis with the use of Nystatin as suggested by this kessler charachter?

In the meantime ill keep praying for all everyone that needs help

35 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by bjmacc **

hi ab..........

Before you waste $150

why don't you try 2000iu-4000iu of vitamin D, one ibuprofen, 6 capsules of fish oil and half a multivitamin ...give it a month and get some uv light if possible..

you may save about $125

good luick...bj

Hi! I cant believe u replied! How are you doing!?!?!?!? Ive read a ton of your posts, im a huge fan of your informative postings and formula!

First off, i hope you are still doing very well, I scoped out your blog, and your pics, and i am amazed, i couldnt believe it, im very excited to give this a shot b.c it makes sence in my situation...

so i now have EVERYTHING exactly as you have mentioned. I ordered it all from Puritan b/c they were very cheap AND it arrived yesterday. I am so happy b/c i know FOR SURE vitamin D is a factor for me.... long story short i developed psoriasis after i stopped my manual labour job, i was working on the highways and you can imagine the amount of vitamin d i got off of one 12 hr shift...

When i tan it gets reallllly good, i have a cabin at grand beach so i can tan like crazy in the summer and it helps soooooo much...

In any event, im kinda in a bind....im a sales representative by trade and this psoriasis has literally robbed me of my life, i lost my job b/c of my terrible breakouts,

What i was going to do is do the Barney cure, but while i was waiting out the 3 months, i thought maybe, just maybe, by the grace of the Allmighty, this NYSTATIn cure might work in clearing everything up, even if only for the short term, meanwhile im slowly but surely getting better from your formula, i know vitamin d is a factor for me FOR SURE, i even have psoriaisis patterns pretty much how u had them, shins, knees, but i have it in my ears, and i was shaving the other day, and now i have it on my neck!!!!

I just need to clear enough that I can get another job in confidence, ive got records of my sales performance so ill be ok, i just cant work in sales like this, i just cant, handshaking is awkward, im always scared people will think i have dirty ears but its plaque, etc

Sorry for going on and on, im just really glad humans like you exist, i havent payed for advice as good as what i've read from your posts,

Im doing the Barney formula, i was hoping, praying, maybe, just maybe there was a fungus link as claimed by e.w. rosenberg, at the u of tennessee, and this kessler character and if it was fungus if NYSTATIN did work, i could be looking for work by Sunday!

Thank you very much for your reply!

** Originally posted by EdR **

NYSTATIN? PSORIASIS REMISSION/CURE?

You'll likely want to read the <a href="http://"http://pinch.com/skin/pshame.html#kessler"">Psoriasis Hall of PShame writeup</a> on the "program" you're inquiring about.

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

Hello everybody! Its Abu and Im happy to meet you!

NYSTATIN? PSORIASIS REMISSION/CURE? KESSLER? HELP!?!?

Well, i've finished reading almost everysingle post in this complementary and alternative thread, and still havent quite got the answers I was looking for so, please forgive me if i missed the thread where this has been asked before. :)

Im desperate,, im talking im ready to snap and lose it mental hospital desperate, Ive tried proz92, ayervedic tretments, TCM (accupuncture/pressure treatment) Herbs and vitamins, basically everything EXECPT ordering this psoriasis cure/remission program from this ken kessler charachter.

LONG STORY SHORT, as i understand it, forgive me if im wrong, he believes there is a yeast/bacteria/candida/fungus connection!? Supposedly he has his psoriasis in remission?! He said that he had a 7 year study done that helped 7/10 people!

I dotn want to post any links in fear that this post may be seen as spam, but im wondering if anyone knows anything about this NYSTATIN treatment and whether or not anyone has anything to say, positive or negative about the results....

Im going to do the Barney formula, ill take pics and everything once i start it, and ill even be a guinea pig for you guys// if this NYSTATIN works, ill document my progress if I get word about how good/bad the information is.

Hes selling it for $150 but hey, ive spent more on snake oil, ill do anything to find something that helps!

Please let me know if you yourself, or someone you know has tried the microbial approach of ridding psoriasis with the use of Nystatin as suggested by this kessler charachter?

In the meantime ill keep praying for all everyone that needs help

Hi Abu,

There was a big post about Candida and related issues possibly causing P for some people earlier this year. Here is a link where the author mentions taking Nystatin :
http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28994&highlight=koning&page =2

Not sure if my link will work, but you can search for the post. The Author was Koning.

I have been using a special Diet and supplements as part of my P treatment (I had Leaky Gut). My diet and supps are anti yeast. It is definitely working for me. My P is 99% gone. I think if you have Yeast then Nystatin will definitely help you and possibly help your P. I am taking Neem which is a diff supplement with antimicrobial properties. My son doesn't have P, but is taking Nystatin for yeast in his intestines. It definitely helps his issues with yeast. There are many different ways to treat yeast. If you have yeast then diet and supps or nystatin will definitely help. Nystatin is not the only way to go. You can do others. You may want to consult a Naturopath or something like that.

I don't know that treating yeast is a cure, but it definitely eliminated my symptoms (Psoriasis was my symptom). If I go off my diet and supps my P comes back slowly (plus other health problems). I am not completely done with my treatment so who knows what will happen in the future. If I cured my P no one would believe me anyway lolol.

Good Luck.

hi Ab...well barneys is certainly not a cure..but it has helped me over 4 years..i still have p but not the big white plaques or intense flaking i used to have...The fact that you respond to sunlight may be a good indication that this may help you. A uvb light may also be something also to consider...uv lights have helped many and again, your good reaction to sunlight may suggest that you have the best VDR polymorphism that responds supplemental D and uvlight, dovonex etc

Since you are a salesman, you are concerned about what shows, a good topical like protopic or dovonex (or some of the other ones) may help you quite a bit...even short term. I've never used one of the topicals but many have said there are a great benefit...check with the psoriasis thread where people use it with good effect.

What nina said i can't disagree with...i just think the $150 is too much..maybe she will give you some particulars and what she takes.

you certaimly have good enthusiasm..and that goes along way in finding something that will help...i can only say give it a try and it may help you as it does help me..

good luck...bj

** Originally posted by JayBee **

bj-

i'm currently taking 1800 fish oil and 1000 D3 (+ 400 in my multi), as well as the ibu. any recommendations as to where i can safely increase? thanks.

jb

Good morning! Thank you all very much, i cannot believe anyone had taken anytime out of thier day to respond to my inquiry, i am very grateful for both kind words, and feedback!

NYSTATIN? REMISSION PLAQUE? KESSLER? CANDIDA?

hi EdR - Thank you very much for the link! :) Im sad to see that this individual doesnt have the credibility, it would appear, as i had thought. Its sad to say, but I'm at the point now where i'm willing to listen to "crazies" for advise on my condition. So, I try and look at both sides of the story. I refered back to old alt.psoriasis.support postings and saw that they were squabbling back and forth which may or may not have had something to do with his review. In either case, character aside, i try to take an objective stance on the matter until i review all the facts. Its my understanding that different people may develop psorisis for different reasons. In my case, I strongly believe i am afflicted due to genetic predisposition, lack of vitamin d, intense stress with meeting sales targets, and i have a sneaky suspision that my psoriasis was casued by an underlying strep throat...in my opinon only lol E.W. Rosenberg is to dermatology what Bruce Lee was to Martial Arts. Some of his studies are mind blowing,,,

As published in The Archives of Dermatology, Volume 120, April 1984:
Nancy Crutcher, M.D., E. William Rosenberg, M.D., Patricia W. Belew,
PhD, Robert B. Skineer, Jr., M.D., N. Fred Eaglstein,D.O. of the
University of Tenessee Center for the Health Sciences, 956 Court Ave.
Room 3C13, Memphis, TN, and Sidney M. Baker, M.D. of New Have,
Connecticut report on 4 cases of long term, bodily psoriasis (10-25
years) cured with oral nystatin within several months.

also,

Robert B. Skinner, Jr., E. William Rosenberg, and Patricia W. Noah
report results of studies that demonstrate that psoriasis of the palms
is frequently associated with Candida. 7 out of 9 patients were cured
or substantially improved after treatment with anti-fungal drugs.

If there is any validity to these studies then surely NYSTATIN, is worth a shot especially if there was a Candida infection , thanks so much Nina, :) great info!

But as an ex financial sales rep, im budget consious so Id prefer to not spend 150 dollars, but i did find his patented cure called

Psoriasis medication and application for remission and/or cure of plaque psoriasis

Document Type and Number:United States patent 5898034
available at http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5898034.html

BUT PLEASE dont get mad at me ! I understand that there are equally as many studies being done that prove there is no candida connection, HOWEVER, again, what works for some may not work for others.

Im just on an neverending quest for the truth and the only treatments i havent tried yet are ductape and NYSTATIN, which, i pray might offer me some relief!

But anyhoo, if anyone does hear anything, or know of someone who has ordered this "treatment" from this kessler charachter, id still be interested in hearing how good/bad it worked out!

In the meantime ill keep praying we all get well or better if we are already well lol

B.J. Is your psoriasis now more like just inflamed and a little bit of a different skin color? Cause if my p ever got to the way your pics were that would be a miracle!!!! Im so impressed by how well you are doing, i hope your still in great shape!

There have also been numerous other studies published that have
correlated dermatological diseases with Candida of the skin and
gastrointestinal tract

hi jaybee...

well on the fish oil its deceptive...as an example....the front of the bottle may say 1000mg,,,which mine does..but on the back are listed the actual omega3 fatty acids..they are EPA and DHA and in my brand they are 180 mg of one and 120 mg of the other...its 300mg total of omega 3 and not 1000mg which the bottle suggests.

So lets assume each softgel is 300mg of DHA and EPA...since brands are different.. you have to check and add the epa and dha on the back of the bottle to know for certain..

but assuming a softgel is 300mg and not the 1000mg it says on the front..the mayo clinic and most places suggest 1000-1500mg/day or 3 to 5 capsules. When taking fish oil to lower triglycerides and for some other conditions the suggested dosage goes up to 2000iu/day and higher...3000mg or about 10 of the capsules i mentioned is considered safe for most people without medical conditions.

Anyone taking a blood thinner, or with heart disease including CHF should consult their doctor...it can be good for some heart conditions but not good for other heart conditions. So check with your doctor if you have one.

i found for me and my psoriasis about 2000iu/day of 6 of my capsules at 300mg each seems to really help with any inflammation...i will look for links later today..i was also adding flax...but stopped it while i increasing the fish oil...there is a volume of positive research on fish oil..but not much research on flax...not that it doesn't help...i just wanted to limit the variables and the amount of fatty acids from all sources.

the D is another matter...In the summer i take 1000iu/day...and now with winter i take 2000-4000iu/day and midwinter about 4000iu/day until april...The safe upper limit is 2000iu but many suggest this upper limit should be higher...

here is a doctors video that is very interesting and informative and well worth watching...she puts her patients on 4000iu/day with the idea that if there never return to her office and continue the 4000iu they are not at any risk..http://accordent.biocom.arizona.edu/2007/10/04/IMGR20071004/links.htm#

hope this helps..

Hi ab....my status...good, no inflammation at all...some discolored spots and sometimes a dusting in spots on legs but nothing like the thick white plaques or heavy flaking i used to have..actually no flaking at all. Fingernails are clear...and no discernible PA..sometimes slight middle toe pain but that responded to a diet change..The formula seems to slow the skin turnover and greatly reduces the inflammation..so, i'm happy with it. I continue to try to improve the formula by eliminating what may be unnecessary (such as folic acid except when getting uv or sunlight) and attempting to find what may enhance the good effects.

good luck...bj

** Originally posted by JayBee **

bj-

my fish caps are heavy duty triple strength and have 900 epa/dha per and i'm currently taking 2. so, it sounds like i can safely add another. i'll also double up on my D which would bring me to 2400 including the 400 in the multi. as always, thanks for the quick reply.

jb

** Originally posted by daytonaflyer **

I absolutely would not buy Ken Kessler's regimen. He used to charge $19.95 for the information, but after people learned about the scam, most stopped buying it, it is now being sold for $150.00, that way he could get more money from the few gullible people who were still willing to buy this program.

You can easily obtain the items needed for his program yourself. Just read the article below and it tells you what you'll need and how to do it. It is only 2 ingredients and covering it up overnight with plastic wrap. You will need to obtain a prescription for the drug Nystatin.
http://psorsite.com/docs/kessler.html

Obtaining a patent is easy. It doesn't mean anything about a cure. If you invent something that nobody else has invented before, you too can get a patent and it doesn't matter if the invention works or not.
DON'T FALL FOR SCAMS LIKE THIS ONE!

** Originally posted by Kiana **

I have developed P and I am convinced that it is related to leaky gut, yeast and food allergies. I am being tested for those as we speak. If you really want to know if it will help, get tested. The best labs are Great Smokey and Diagnos-techs.

Good luck.

** Originally posted by AnnieB **

Just want to reiterate that the patent office does not determine whether an invention or regimen actually works. They do not do any testing. They just assess whether or not the invention is unique and if infringes on a previous patent. I notice that a lot of people use a patent or even "patent pending" to try and give the impression that their invention is somehow endorsed by a governmental body--it sounds good but doesn't prove a thing.

Hello everybody!

I decided to ORDER THE $150 PSORIASIS PGM from k.k's webpage.

I wanted to b/c i wanted to learn everything i could about Nystatin. I thought Crook and the Yeast Connection was really on to something, i thought Rosenberg's studies were onto something.

Anyways, after 50 emails back and forth i was told it is no longer available.

He is a kind enough man, perhpas a touch eccentric, but i thought if it worked for him, maybe it could work for me,

long story short its no longer available,

does anyone know anything about the validity of Nystatin in psoriasis treatment, has it worked for anyone, has anyone tried it,

Rosenberg has patents on treating psoriasis with oral and topical ketaconazole, which is similar to nystatin,

maybe it works. i am going to try it anyways, but maybe someone can share some info with me about whether or not it has worked for them, or they know someone else who it had worked for

Why would you want to send this guy so much money when his cure is just topical Nystatin? It's a common enough cheap anti-fungal cream. You can get it with a prescription from your regular doc or derm. Nothing fancy or complex. Worth a try if your skin problems have a fungal component. You can also get Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream, which combines the Nystatin with a steroid.

Hello everybody!

I decided to ORDER THE $150 PSORIASIS PGM from k.k's webpage.

I wanted to b/c i wanted to learn everything i could about Nystatin. I thought Crook and the Yeast Connection was really on to something, i thought Rosenberg's studies were onto something.

Anyways, after 50 emails back and forth i was told it is no longer available.

He is a kind enough man, perhpas a touch eccentric, but i thought if it worked for him, maybe it could work for me,

long story short its no longer available,

does anyone know anything about the validity of Nystatin in psoriasis treatment, has it worked for anyone, has anyone tried it,

Rosenberg has patents on treating psoriasis with oral and topical ketaconazole, which is similar to nystatin,

maybe it works. i am going to try it anyways, but maybe someone can share some info with me about whether or not it has worked for them, or they know someone else who it had worked for

Honestly, man, what were you thinking? You could have learned 10 times as much about Nystatin and Psoriasis by talking to a doctor. Ken Kessler is an aeronautical engineer by profession with no medical training whatsoever.

Did you not read a single reply that anybody on this forum left about this man and his "patent". A patent doesn't mean anything at all. Anybody can patent anything they want if it hasn't been patented before. I could patent a magical time machine that cures all diseases and gives manicures to elephants if I wanted to. All I have to do is write the patent, and pay the money. It doesn't mean anything at all!

They actually do reject SOME patent applications. Like for perpetual motion machines. Which make those perpetual motion believers really mad!

well, thats ok you guys, i thought this was a SUPPORT forum and not a CRITISIZE forum, so whatever

FINE, my accupunturist was full of crap, steroids dont work for me, ive talked to a doctor daytona, and he is a complete moron! My homeopathic doctor was full of b.s. and the lkist goes on and on and on,,,,,,,

I ordered everything off the net, what the hell do i care if some nutcase says he has a cure! Ill try it!

Like daytona, first time you tried Barneys forumula you were all NEGATIVE and liek THIS WONT WORK and you gave up! Good thing you tried it AGAIN RIGHT, because it is HELPING YOU RIGHT!

So whos dumb for wanting to speak with someone who is in remission, NONE OF YOU ARE, so none of you can help, if you want to learn how to do something ASK SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE DONE IT, then determine from there the effectiveness and use what is usefull and discard what is useless

If David Blaine had psoriasis and made it magically disappear and he was offering $100 package telling you how he did it, i WOULD ORDER IT!!!

So i havent critizised anyone for wanting to try anyhting to get rid of this, OBVIOUSLY SOME PEOPLE HAVE PSORIASIS WORSE THAN OTHERS, some people in this forum and trying things i think are crazy but i WOULDNT CRITISIZE them,

I thought people with PSORIASIS would understand....

Congratulations to all of you whos psoriasis is so under control that you dont have to look for more effective methods of treatment,

CONGRATULATIONS, thnaks for your negative feedback guys, cn tower here i come

hi abuabdallah..

i don't think you are taking this in the way it was meant...they are trying to protect you from being used....just as you would protect a brother or a sister.

If they didn't care about your welfare they may well have been silent..its not criticism.. but it is concern that you are not taken advantage of.

anyway...good luck and lets hope it helps

bj..

Sorry, man, I guess that came out a bit insensitive, it was meant as a joke, but clearly inflection is not carried over the internet. The point was that you can't go around sending snake oil salesmen bunches of cash otherwise you're enabling these frauds to hurt people like us who are suffering. By doing so you actually help these frauds to hurt us.

Plus, we told you exactly what his treatment entails. It is available on internet sites claiming that he is a fraud for free. You do not need to send this man money to see if Nystatin and petroleum jelly together occluded overnight will help. He has no patent on purchasing those products seperately. That would be like patenting how to put flour, cheese, and tomato sauce together and charging people $150 to make a pizza.

Had you received some positive feedback about Mr. Kessler's "treatment", then I could understand wanting to pay $150 for the hope of treatment, but that was not the case. To my knowledge, there are claims that this guy is a fraud all over the internet, and many people here agreed. I always make sure that a treatment has helped somebody before I buy it; there are just too many frauds out there preying on our pocketbooks. Had I heard good news about this man's treatment, I gladly would have told you, but I have heard nothing but bad stuff about him.

It sounds like you need the help of a good doctor, not a homeopathic doctor. Somebody who graduated from med school and specializes in immune system/skin diseases. If you don't like the first one you meet, try another and another. Don't just give up on them. For some people, alternative/natural treatments just don't work.
Why don't you contact a dermatologist rather than send money to a stranger who has been labelled a fraud? He could give you the Nystatin treatment you desire, answer your questions, and even prescribe other medications that can help you.

If you're willing to post on a public forum, you need to realize that you will receive opinions from many different people of varying backgrounds, and they may not all be what you want to hear. Take the good news with the bad and make an educated decision.

** Originally posted by txsdebi **

I tried Nystatin a few years ago after reading the book "The Yeast Connection". No improvement what so ever. NONE! I did the yeast free diet, nystatin, the whole nine yards and had no improvement at all. Not that it wont work for others, it just didn't work for me. Perhaps the stress of a strict yeast free diet kept me from improving? For me stress is a major factor.

I agree with the others who have said go to a doctor and discuss nystatin. I had no trouble getting a Rx. Most of us have tried far stranger things.

I am having good luck so far with Barneys, lots of water (gallon a day), and limited cortizone cream when things get too itchy to bear. I also am doing some acid/alkaline diet changes.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders