Its Candida!!! If you have psoriasis stop and read this!!

I have had psoriasis for the past 10 years. It has spread and spread and spread and nothing I have done has resolved the issue. Sure using Taclonex helped for a while, but when I stopped using it, the psoriasis came right back. I recently began an earnest attempt to discover and research treatment options. I started reading how psoriasis and candida have been linked and after reading the description of candida infection, I discovered I had many of the symptoms, including the "brain fog" and fatigue(especially at night). I also started reading the various natural anti-fungals that help with candida and was shocked to see virtually every one of them has been talked about in helping with psoriasis. Aloe Vera, Oregon Grape Root, Coconut Oil, Oregano Oil, Tea Tree Oil, etc, etc. EVERY ONE of the listed treatments have been talked about in helping with psoriasis. All of them are anti-fungal. I started reading more and more and becoming convinced that what I had was a systemic candida infection. I did the test they recommend in the morning before doing anything, which is taking a clear glass of water and spitting in it. Then come back every 20 minutes for the next hour, and check the glass. If you have strings coming down from the glass, cloudy specks or cloudy saliva at the bottom, chances are you have a candida infection. In fact, researchers have shown in lab animals that taking candida and injecting into the skin of healthy animals causes psoriasis. Checking the spit it was clear I had the tell tale candida symptoms. They recommend you get tested. No need for that for me, I started the anti-candida diet immediately(I actually had been mostly on it to check gluten sensitivity for the previous week), and since I usually eat brown rice, chicken and vegetables many times a day(I also work out heavily and eat 6 times a day), the diet was really no big deal for me, I just didn't have a cheat day and cut out the other carbs/milk I was eating or drinking. It has been 9 days so far, and my face/scalp has been progressing nicely. Eyebrows are completely normal color and have almost no scaling. Before they would be an "angry" red color and would have significant scaling within a few hours of me getting out of the shower. Scalp flaking has slowed down tremendously and skin underneath it has lightened almost back to normal color. Patch of skin underneath my beard on my neck has turned very light pink and has no scaling at all on it, where it normally would have quite a bit and be dark red.

To further test, I took some of my daughter's nystatin cream and am rubbing it twice a day on my right calf. 2 spots have disappeared completely, the rest is fading and has little to no scale on it. I will be starting Virgin Coconut Oil and probiotics tomorrow and am expecting some significant results within the next 3 weeks. Coconut Oil contains fatty acids that are more effective against candida than the oral medication Diflucan. It contains caprylic, lauric and capric acids which literally disintegrate candida cell membranes on contact.

Please, if you have psoriasis, check for candida overgrowth. No doctor will ever tell you this. Remember, there is NO MONEY in finding cures, only money in prescribing drugs to control symptoms, which means they will have an endless supply of your money and insurance money to keep them in business. Research has clearly shown that candida can cause psoriasis all by itself. You owe it to yourself to at least explore the connection between psoriasis and uncontrolled candida infections. Some doctors who have looked at the evidence are convinced that candida infection is in fact the CAUSE of psoriasis and once you get the candida back in check, the psoriasis goes away since the body will stop looking for yeast wherever it finds it. Remember, the inflammation on the skin is merely the same thing that is happening inside your body. When the immune system detects candida on the skin, it inflames to protect itself from it, the same as it does inside your body. Remove the candida, and you will remove the inflammation. Think about it. The Koebnner Phenomenon whereby psoriasis spreads when you itch it and touch other areas of the skin, really isn't a phenomenon at all. You are transporting the fungal infection to other places on your fingertips!! Cure candida and you will cure psoriasis. I am well on the way, please join me and scream it from the rooftops to these drug companies, doctors and everyone else marketing "treatments" that systemic candida infections are the cause of psoriasis. Cure the candida and you cure the psoriasis.

17 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Matter,

I am happy you found your trigger however, it is not an answer for all psoriasis sufferers. I just got my results for the ALCAT test and tested negative for candida albicans.

Keep us posted on your progress though!!

5 months ago, my pediatrician said I had a yeast infection, I took almost every pill for that and it never went away, so I had to go to a gynecologist, she said there was barely any yeast and gave me a cream to insert in the vagina, I did that, the itchiness numbed down after a week. Then my whole body started breaking out, one place than another, than my vaginal area was itchy again too. I was told to go to a derm. And she said it was probably psorasis but no definite answer. So I still don't know what I have,,.. But it sucks

if its a yeast/fungal infection that has turned systemic, you likely will have to make some very strict dietary changes to see any difference, otherwise it will just be a cycle of killing some off while others reproduce and a net gain of zero...
I too had a yeast/fungal infection that wouldn't go away before I developed psoriasis...never even thought of making that connection before but once I sat down and thought about it, everything made perfect sense...

Check out this link,see what you think- http://www.begin-within-natural-skincare.com/causes-of-candida.html

If it is an answer for you that is great,but it is not for me. If you have a yeast problem then cocunut oil will cure it as it kills yeast.But I truly doubt it.
Keep us informed on what you find.
JustSuzy

this in theory sounds quite feasible.I keep getting yeast type infections,so I will most certainly try this out!
well done on your forward thinking....10/10....like the thought you,ve put into this,I must admit,I had wondered along the same thought patten as yourself.

Do you have a web site you can refer us to?

i just been to chemist & got a tub of pure coconut oil...(uk price £1.50)....so going to try this as a topical massage cream.
Also have got some coconut milk & soya milk instead of regular cows milk.
Changed iet now so not eating much bread..& what bread i do eat is wholemeal brown.
also brown & wild rice!
Cut out a lot of dairy products...still have a little cheese....& have included LOTS of stir fry vegetable dishes using a tiny amount of extra virgin olive oil.Oily fish in salads......
And drinking plenty of natural mineral water.
This will all help in weight loss as well as taking more excercise!
I simply tapped in coconut oil...amazed at the results it brought up!
any thoughts anyone?

I totally agree with th Candida self diagnosis. If you have Candida you are eating a very acidic diet. The typical North American diet is very acid forming. The human body is suppose to be 80% alkaline 20% acid, most peoples are the exact opposite.
In my quest to cure P I came to realize that I had Candida as well. I can say I have cured the candida and the P is fading away. My only other recommendation to people would be to watch out for the nightshade foods they also can trigger a P flare in some people. There is lots of info on the Web about following an Alkaline diet.

Candida can be extremely difficult to kill off. It cam become resistant to most antifungals and coconut oil etc. Having tried those routes does not mean it isnt candida. Im trying an approach myself to see if its candida if its succesful I will post on here ;)

Hi, where did u go get tested for Candida? I have had Psoriasis for ages. I used to look forward to the summers because it go better and was almost completely gone every summer. Except last summer. And I have had it non-stop since, not really going away like it used to. I am taking welbutrin XL, I have a hard time swallowing pills so I crush it daily. My psoriasis acts up with all kinds of things. and it is horrible right now. But to the point It looks like a allergic reaction. This is the first anto-depressant I have become happy with and has helped. but I may have to stop taking it, if its really what is causing the recent more extreme breakouts. I have only been taking welbutrin for a week and half. Has anyone heard of welbutrin XL cause psoriasis flare ups?? Also would I go to family doctor to get test for Candida? Or Dermatologist? thanks and please if u have any info i would greatly appreciate it. I get to the point were i don't to come outside cause the Psoriasis looks so darn bad and makes me extremely uncomfortable. thanks

Hi Chrystaunya - i took the ALCAT test thru my naturopath. you can google the test and read about. it tests for food sensitivities as well as candida. i just got my results and will be following their recommendations. hope to report positive results. i know how uncomfortable it can make us all feel. i've had it myself for almost 2 years - this will be 2nd summer that i walk around covered up :(
(i used to think the extra 10lb i had on me was the end of the world, now i would trade my psa for extra 100lbs w/o a blink)

Here is a website I found that talks about Candida and really just about everything you could want to know. I stumbled across it while looking at the connection between the two, and found it to be very helpful for me. Here is the link to the spit test you can do which will give you a fairly good indication if you have candida or not...

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/testingforcandida.htm#Spittle

So far so good...eyebrows are back to normal skin color and new skin looks to be forming on top of the older skin, very few flakes left. Skin near ears/under hair is normal color in much of the area, but still very lightly pink in a few spots. Have noticed that the scaling/skin proliferation has just about completely stopped. Feeling SOOOO much better, especially at night when I would start feeling uncontrollably tired around 9 or 10pm and by 11pm would be asleep in front of the computer with that weird "brain fog" or malaise feeling as I call it. Now I have none of that and am wide awake even after getting up at 4am the last 2 nights to take care of my 3 month old daughter...

Another thing I have noticed...I have had an issue with my biceps tendon the past 4 months or so after initially injuring it at work where it just hasn't wanted to heal no matter how long I rest it. Has made working out more challenging and frustrating at times, especially when doing biceps workouts or underhand pulling movements. That pain has subsided and seems to be going away now, as if the tendonitis/inflammation was related to my psoriasis...I guess it would make sense but I never thought that would have an effect like that...

I am so excited I am continuously checking my skin throughout the day like a kid in a candy store looking for even the slightest improvement...this is so awesome!!!

Wow, I took the test & had 13 on the list of things which told me I was extreme. Tomorrow I am going to take the spit test. Now that I think of it prior to or just on the onset of, what I now know was Psoriasis, I was experiencing yeast infections. I am new to this & have just recently started exploring alternative's to the Steroid treatments. I have lost 2 jobs because the breakouts on my hands are so severe they bleed. We have spent thousands of dollars on test, medicenes & urgent care visits. I am just beginning to attempt to become more famialiar with this disease. Your post was a blessing in helping me to begin to understand how I can attempt to help myself at least minimize the pain & occurences.

And to this website, Thank you so much for educating me, not feeling so alone, isolated, ashamed & helpless.

This is good info! I took the questionnaire & got a 5, so I guess mine isn't yeast. This is good to watch for, however. Thank you for bringing it up :)

I have to object to the idea doctors just want to keep you sick so they can make money.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders