INFLAMMATORY DISEASES

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

I have been thinking about the inflammatory disease that we have.......... psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and wondering why slippery elm bark, milk thistle and curcumin have been clearing up some of the ones that are trying it..........so I did some searching...it seems the three mentioned are anti inflammatories (and there are more I'm sure)
Here is a segment from a site that discusses the diseases and explains about it somewhat...including the biologics.

"For years, a group of chronic, inflammatory diseases has frustrated physicians and patients seeking effective treatment," says Cecil B. Wilson, M.D., an internist in Winter Park, Fla. and an American Medical Association (AMA) trustee. "The growing body of knowledge about the immune system's role in diseases such as psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, myasthenia gravis, scleroderma and multiple sclerosis (MS) means that there is hope for long-term treatments and perhaps even cures."

In light of such recent discoveries, the AMA held an inflammatory diseases media briefing in New York City recently, where experts gathered to discuss the evolving body of thought surrounding the treatment of these chronic autoimmune diseases which, as of now, have no cure.""
for more reading click
here:

http://www.theallineed.com/health/inflammatory-disease-psoriasis-multiple-s clerosis-arthritis.htm

24 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by kkellogg **

Good article, cool site. Thanks, Sally.

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Thanks krista

Recognizing inflamation concerning disease, is a new look at some old problems.....I remember reading several years back that they discovered hardening of the arteries was caused by inflamation..........now they are finding out it is the condition of the majority of chronic diseases....
here is another excerpt from an article concerning "what to do after Vioxx"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How could inflammation contribute to so many seemingly unrelated illnesses? Inflammation is your natural defense against disease-causing microbes. It can happen anywhere in your body. When you cut your finger and it becomes red, swollen and painful, that's inflammation at work. It's your body's way of fighting infection, and it's a lifesaver. Once healing begins, inflammation ceases, and the body resumes normal functioning."

"Researchers have found that certain foods appear to reduce inflammatory markers. A diet high in these foods can hedge against our constant exposure to pathogens. These "anti-inflammatory" foods act a lot like anti-inflammatory medications -- without the side effects -- and may reduce inflammation by continuously supplying the body with nutrients and compounds that keep the immune response at bay."

full article ....here:

(but I happen to know besides foods that fight inflammation ....that there are some supplements that also help)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34772-2005Jan25.html

** Originally posted by grannyfranny **

Very good Sally----thanks.

** Originally posted by npf_import-82999 **

That was a great article. However, I think that if the basis of the suffering or relief from our autoimmune disease problem was mostly inflammatory many of us would get relief from the anti-inflammatories such as motrin and most of us don't. Damn this disease.

Annie

** Originally posted by SandraJean **

Great links, Sally. Thanks

Sandy

** Originally posted by meghan_72 **

I think inflammation is a symptom of the overall disease. Autoimmunity is what causes the inflammation. As to the cause of autoimmunity and specifically how it manifests itself, that's the $64 million dollar question.

So anti-inflammatories control some of the effects, but does not reduce the production of inflamation. That's why biologics have been so phenomenal!

** Originally posted by npf_import-82999 **

Meghan,

I thought your post-script was going to finish with, "I'm not a doctor, I just slept at a Holiday Inn last night." LOL

Annie

** Originally posted by meghan_72 **

lol, why Holiday Inn?!
I'd rather say "Ritz Carlton!"! hehe

** Originally posted by Dulane **

This is the crux of the problem Sally. All the auto-immune diseases are inflammatory and can be reduced - using natural non-inflamatories, and by use of a more raw and nourishing diet that allows the attacked area to heal.

When we drink slippery elm, we are using a wonderfully slimey mucosal herbal tonic to support and heal our leaky and irritated stomach lining. That stomach healing is aided when we eat more fruits and vegetables and other basic foods as near raw and minimally processed as possible. An important goal of this diet is to develop a healthy frequency of the bowels.

This is the balance for an inflamed system under attack. After the disease symptoms are removed, some inflamation causing foods can be re-introduced, but being careful to realize the nature of the food and watching for the return of symptoms.

As the stomach heals and intestinal tract heal, then the psoriatics skin gradually begins to benefit.

This remedy holds true for most every auto-immune disease, including rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, among many others.

The more I have researched auto-immune diseases, I see that the SAME healing diet applies to all of us.

By the way Einna - NSAIDS (ibuprophen, motrin, naproxen) are not easy on your system, and can CAUSE Leaky Gut Syndrome.
http://www.meridianinstitute.com/psorias4.html
http://www.mdheal.org/leakygut.htm

Dulane

** Originally posted by RichJ **

wonderful info sally. that you for sharing it.

have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by jgirl **

Dulane...you are a breath of fresh air; I bet you'll help so many people; if they can keep an open mind ;) :D (Sally you know you've already helped multitudes...)

I got my zapper. 3 days, no miracles yet! (Unless I can't see them!)

Hopefully others will be inspired in taking control of their healing! But finding this forum and all of you has been the best inspiration for me.

let me know how it goes! You are brave, I was skeptical of this, though when the guy in the shop explained it to me from a scientific pov, it made sense. I need to start on the black walnut/clove tinctures again, just in case.

The zapper is a little tiny electronic device that runs on a 9 volt DC battery. (So you can't shock yourself too bad in the worst case scenario.)

Since most folks have some variety of parasite, virus, or critter riding around in them most of the time, the zapper is supposed to give them a low grade positive charge. Since most parasites have a negative charge, it is supposed to disrupt their tiny soft bodies! YEA! GOOD RIDDANCE is all I have to say. ;)

I can't feel the zapper. It's certainly not like putting your tongue on a battery or anything zingy.

For whatever reason, the medical community has made it very difficult for the makers of the Zappers to advertise the uses of the zapper.

But there are sources if you look. And Hulda Clark's web site discusses their use. Here is a link to an explanation:
http://www.paradevices.com/parazapper_faq.html
More about Hulda (author Cure for All Disease):
http://www.paradevices.com/hulda-clark-zapper.html

I'm under the impression the treatment should be done daily for 1 month. I've read some interesting testimonials.

I'll report back if I notice any wonderful changes.

Dulane

** Originally posted by ARL **

Hi Sally,,,good thread.... BTW,,,why don't you start a thread on how many people are getting good results in the bathroom ....since using the SE and SF???? I'm really interested.... thanks

** Originally posted by seedoubleyou **

I was skeptical of this ...

Jen: Remember a few weeks back when I was, a) doing a unit on parasites, and b) working on my computer portfolio for Microbiology, and you'd mentioned Clark's theory that p was caused by Ascaris)??

I DID e-mail the parasitologist I told you about for his opinion. His response was lengthy, and he gave me permission to "quote him" in my notebook.

Would be happy to share his response with you via PM or e-mail, if you're interested.

I'm gonna guess that offhand, he said "poppycock" but yes, plese send it to me! YOu know me, I'm a sucker for education.

** Originally posted by alanc **

I've done the reading about Clark and she seems like a flake, some info makes sense but a lot of her theorys are off the wall. It's true, parasites can be a problem, but the problem is more apt to exist in third world countries where health conditions are not great and parasitic infections can be present. It would be rare in modern societies where the food industry and restaurants are held to high health standards. The zapper probably can work but I think it's unlikely that you are infested with parasites. All the other alternative methods show scientific evidence and success as far as immune support, leaky gut, bad bacteria, toxins, etc. Parasite infestation seems to go over the edge IMHO.

bump bump bump

I'm not worried about 'worms', I'm concerned about candida, and the zapper is supposed to work on them. So I am trying it.

Dulane

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders