Humira Success

Background about me: I am a 23 year old. I had my first flare up when I was 16. It was so minor so I did not really pay attention. Then when I was 17, I had a severe breakout all over my body. It was terrible because the dermatologist I was seeing at the time did not have any other treatment options except topical creams. I stopped seeing the derm. I found Barney's Formula along with the Psoriasin Gel. I took the formula every day and applied lotion and Psoriasin Gel to my body 2 times daily. My body psoriasis was gone in 4 months of consistency.

Fast Forward to June 2012

I started to breakout in P really bad again. All over my body. Topical creams did not work. Lotion didnt work. Barney's Formula didnt work. I went to a new derm and she suggest Humira because I have severe plaque P.

Result
I started Humira on Feb 15, 2013. I think it has been 6 weeks right? Right now my psoriasis is clear. I pretty much only have the leftover hyperpigmentation from psoriasis so you can still see where my P patches used to be. Also, my scalp also got clear too. I am being optimistic because it has been such an amazing drug.

I know people talk about all the potential side effects all the time. But I did not really care because the emotional pain of having psoriasis was so bad. It was so bad that the thought suicide even came to my mind during my worst nights. Again, about the potential side effects, after doing my research, I think driving a car is more dangerous than taking Humira because the chance of the side effects happening is so slim.

Hope this helps some people. I know I will leave this forum one day after I am totally clear. Just wanted to share a success story while I am still here.

Also, if you have questions, feel free to post and I will try to best to answer them.

Thanks

15 replies. Join the discussion

Thank you! I am getting ready to try Humira and your story is very encouraging thank you!!

where I can get this ?

Good for you I take Humira also but for PSA, I hope it continues to work for you!!!!Cindy

Humira saved my life! Everyone talks like its such a dangerous drug, but it worked wonders for me. Been on it for 2 yrs now and haven't seen any P for at least 20 months. People try all these ridiculous remedies....go to the doc and get something that works. That's why they make it. Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you.

Billy, I am glad the Humira is working for you, The derm called me today to say my bloodwork was good and they would let me know when they hear from Abbott about paying for the meds. I hope it will be soon!!!
Thanks for the input! misty

I'm so happy for you guys.. I myself been on HUMIRA for a yr now.. Have P since 15 now 30.. Covered all over my body,, HUMIRA is the best thing to happen for us living with P.. I feel great no side effects. Take 2x a month.

Awesome news for everyone!!

Go to a derm who treats psoriasis. Ask about biologic drugs.

The nurse called me today and said my bloodwork came back fine and I should be approved for the Humira before too long. Meanwhile I am weaning off the pred and applying glycerine and witch hazel. I am much better than I was a month ago!! Thank you ALL!!! misty

So glad to hear this! I'm 25 and my story is very similar as yours as well...I started using humira on Nov 21, 2012 but then in January 2013
I lost my job and health insurance so I stopped taking it. I found out about the abbive patient assistance program and finally got approved! I started retaking humira again on March 13, 2013. I haven't seen much difference yet, but I am very hopeful! :) I too can't wait to be P free for a very long time!!

Keeping hope, That is great! I hope you have success. I am looking forward to starting the Humira. My fears are subsiding as I learn more about it. misty

Hey keepinghope. Being hopeful is a good attitude to have. So did you experience any result between Nov and Jan?

BillytheKid82. I like your first post. Short and sweet. Straight to the point. I like it :)

Erin1015. Glad to hear from someone who has taken Humira for a while. Let's hope the improvement continues and more people stay clear of P.

yes, small but there were some. I'm hoping to see bigger results this time!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders