How long does Stelara take to work?

I just took my second shot last week and my P isnt any different. How long did it take for you to notice it working?

56 replies. Join the discussion

I just had my second shot last week as well. My dermo said that no one has significant change by the second visit, but by the third visit, 80% of the patients are clear (the week 16 visit). Apparently the second shot is supposed to start doing its thing. My lesions are very thin, so it appears to be working for me. Are yours thinning out yet? I use Olux-E once a week on Sundays and that helps to peel off the top layers.

Hey, i havent really noticed much of a change in mine. I have it on my hands and it seems to be doing its same cycle. I was fairly clear before i switched to Stelara but not like they ( or me) want. My derm told me the same thing, he said 80% of his patients on it dont get ANY psoriasis flare ups, and the others just have a mild flare up around a week or 2 before its time for the next shot. So that is pretty encouraging!

I didn't notice anything until after my fourth injection AND switching to the 90mg dosage. Right now, is the best my skin has ever been, just a few small spots on my legs. Then my foot, but even that is so much better. I was about ready to quit Stelara, then I switched to the 90's, now I'm glad I didn't stop it! :) I hope you see improvement very soon! :)

I just had my second injection of Stelara May 3rd and all that is on my body is some redness. I have no scaling...I would like to think within a couple more weeks I will be clear....

Yes hopefully you will be! I hope it kicks in and clears me too. I took my 2nd shot on april 29th and i havent seen any difference in my P so far.

it,s been 1 week that I'm on stelara and didn't see any change. The nurse also told me that people see change after the second shot!
Can't wait to see some change!
Good luck to you!

Thank you, and good luck to you too!

Whats Stelara ? lol.... don't worry i'll look on google.... never heard if it. :-)

Brian it depends on who's using it. Sounds like a P brain answer huh?

Kay

Stelara is the newest biologic for Psoriasis, my derm told me it was the strongest and the safest one. We will see!

I keep reading "Visit". Do you have to go to see your derm for the injection Stelara? I'm from England Uk. I self inject once a fortnight with Humira. I was just wondering if there is a different set up over in America!

Yes in the US we have to go to the derm for the shot. I gave myself the Humira shot every 2 weeks, i have never heard of a fortnight? You using fancy words now lol

Fortnight is just another word in the uk for 2 weeks lol.... You have funny words too !!

Yeah we do!

lol

Hi Brian,

How are you doing since your second injection of the Stelara? Any adverse reactions?

Joyce

Joyce, i still cant tell any difference in my P, it is actually in the middle of a flare right now. Hopefully it will kick in soon. But i dont have any adverse reactions. How about you?

finnibobs- I *THINK* pretty much the main reason you have to have the office visit for Stelara is because the shots are so spread apart, and you should probably see your Derm. every so often anyways. But Enbrel and Humira, those you can just do at home.

[It looks just like the autoinjectors tho, so you could do it at home, if they let you!]

Hey brian I hope the stelera works for ya soon.

Kay

My spots are definitely thinner now, I can actually see my right elbow. :)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders