How I Cured My Psoriasis

** Originally posted by toastyfofi **

I thought it was my duty to share my story and believe in passing along good news to my fellow psoriasis sufferers.

I was diagnosed with psoriasis at age 7 although my parents said I may have had it as early as 2. I am now 33 and have been 98% psoriasis free since 2001 (7 years folks)!

Psoriasis had beat me up my entire life. One day in 2001 I was feeling really down. I had been going to my UV treatments twice a week for 6 months and my psoriasis wasn't improving. It was just there laughing at me. I had just had a flare up and was covered with psoriasis from the neck down. It was heartbreaking.

I happened to receive a newsletter from NPF during this time that mentioned a couple of books on how to deal with psoriasis. One stressed the importance of taking vitamins (like 50 pills a day) which I thought I could not afford. The other one not only stressed diet but also getting a COLONIC. I had heard of this years before but really didn't think it would do anything for me. I decided I should try it. I opened the yellow pages and found a place and have said goodbye to psoriasis ever since.

Within 2 months I was 75% psoriasis free and by the sixth month I was clean and have been ever since. The secret is diet - no meat and no dairy - just vegetables. My colonic technician stressed becoming a vegan and eating only organic foods. I could not part with fish but decided to part with everything else. For a new diet to work you must rid the toxins that are attached to the walls of your intestines. This is what is feeding your psoriasis from years and years of eating things we shouldn't.

The results were immediate and have lasted ever since. I have not had a colonic in two years and am still psoriasis free (except for the stubborn psoriasis on my elbows and ankles - but I can live with that). I have also not seen a dermatologist since 2001 nor have had any more UV light treatments or ointments. I've been enjoying every summer since 2001 instead of walking around in pants and long-sleeved shirts sweating up a storm.

Of course insurance does not cover these sessions. I just gave up other things in order to afford this which was still reasonable considering how much money I spent monthly/annually on ointments, co-pays, etc.

I thought I would spread the good word to you all so that you may consult with your doctors and get their opinions. It worked for me and I hope it will work for all of you who decide to try it.

18 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

Congratulations! How many colonics have you had? Do the positive effects last long? Is being a vegan mandatory for this to work? I have already cut my menu down so much and it is hard for me to spend a lot of time making healthy stuff. I am taking a lot of supp's and together with diet it is working, but I feel like it is still there ready to bust out at any moment (it happens). I guess if it cures you it is worth it! Do you ever have regular food once in a while? Does your P come back after you eat regular food? Sorry for the questions- It would be interesting to know.

At first I had colonics three times a week. As time went by it decreased to twice a week to once and eventually once a month for maintenance. I was restricted from eating meat, dairy and wheat products. I had no problem with eating foods with gluten as I am not allergic to it. I faithfully changed my eating habits since all I wanted to do was get rid of my P. I did go back to red meat last year and immediately noticed small P so I stopped and they went away. I strongly believe you have to stop eating foods with pesticides for this to work = start eating organic (truly organic meats as well).

I did not have a colonoscopy, which of course insurance covers. Colonics are considered alternative medicine which insurances do not cover. Again, it was the colonics in combination with this diet that helped me. Colonoscopies are meant to see in your intestines. Colonics clean out your intestines.

** Originally posted by DottieD **

I assume that the main benefit of colonics was to clear out "bad" bacteria from your gut. Then, perhaps your new, healthier diet slowed down their return. I wonder if you might have gotten just as good of results from taking probiotic capsules (the "good" bacteria).

Just a thought,
DottieD

I did have to take probiotic everyday and right after a colonic. I actually had probiotics in a powder form which I would mix with a vitamin shake every morning.

** Originally posted by grannyfranny **

I asked my docs that did my colonoscopy about this and 3 different ones told me that is absolutely unnecessary and it is dangerous.

** Originally posted by bjmacc **

the thread is a year old...that was his last post

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

would you please show the before and after photos of your
psoriasis to the community here.

so often people claim alternative cures yet no one ever
shows us the proof. you can always edit out your face
with picture software so that your identity isn't revealed.

also, please consider going to the national psoriasis foundation's
annual meeting and bringing before and after (you'll be in
person) to showcase that the colonics cured you. it is not
that i doubt you, it's just that there are so many claims made
out there, and we all get our hopes up, but, i've yet to meet one
person with psoriasis who has cured alternatively show us the
proof with before and after photos. it's so easy to hide behind
the internet and make false claims, not that that's what you
are doing.

I am not going to say I am cured, but I have cleared my PPPP with Diet.

Here is a link to my pictures

http://www.talkpsoriasis.org/showthread.php?t=38136&highlight=pictures

If I go off of the diet the PPPP comes back.

** Originally posted by light **

sorry don't have photos, but diet has made improvments in my p

** Originally posted by elliott **

You have to be cleaned out and then some for a colonoscopy ask anyone who has had one. very unpleasant. It's a colonic x 100034834738 :eek:

I was on my mostly veg diet when I had it performed as well.

Sounds like you did an elimination diet which is also another good way to go if you want that route. I ate bacon for the first time in over a year last week, didn't notice any difference, but I have resumed my 99% veg diet as I dont want to go on lipitor!

Be well.

Karen

I don't get it. Are having colonoscopy's without gas? They gas me every time and I wake up feeling fabulous. There is never any pain.

** Originally posted by elliott **

would you please show the before and after photos of your
psoriasis to the community here.

so often people claim alternative cures yet no one ever
shows us the proof. you can always edit out your face
with picture software so that your identity isn't revealed.

also, please consider going to the national psoriasis foundation's
annual meeting and bringing before and after (you'll be in
person) to showcase that the colonics cured you. it is not
that i doubt you, it's just that there are so many claims made
out there, and we all get our hopes up, but, i've yet to meet one
person with psoriasis who has cured alternatively show us the
proof with before and after photos. it's so easy to hide behind
the internet and make false claims, not that that's what you
are doing.

You need to chill out! Everyone knows what works for one person may not work for another. So what if she is improved? Others have made the same and similar claims and the NPF published a book with their stories called "It Works For Me". Masking tape cleared up both of my thumbs! Don't believe it?Who cares? I say congrats to her.

** Originally posted by tplee **

I have seen many people on this site prove there cures with pictures yet no seems to believe them. I posted my pictures about 3 months ago, and people acted like I was crazy. I have started a website that proves that a proper diet with a healthy lifestyle can get rid of psoriasis. There is no disputing my evidence. Its plain and simple that it worked for me. So why do you question other people so harshly?

Here is a link to my pictures:

http://tommymollypsoriasis.blogspot.com/

** Originally posted by me2me2 **

Sunshine works for me.

Not a cure, but certainly clear.

Well, for now.

peace

Yes There are dishonest people who clain that they changed their diet when in truth they really didn't. Then they go online and say that diet never made a difference. The only thing we could do is put a camera in front of the refrigerator to see if they are being truthful. I assume that most are being honest-always remember that we are individuals and what works for one doesn't always work for another. We share ideas. For me diet does make a huge different. I admit that I have a dificult time eating healthy all of the time. There is also a conventional section for those who prefer to remain on that path.

I think you have mistaken my response as against alternative methods.

** Originally posted by Redboy **

I have seen many people on this site prove there cures with pictures yet no seems to believe them. I posted my pictures about 3 months ago, and people acted like I was crazy. I have started a website that proves that a proper diet with a healthy lifestyle can get rid of psoriasis. There is no disputing my evidence. Its plain and simple that it worked for me. So why do you question other people so harshly?

Here is a link to my pictures:

http://tommymollypsoriasis.blogspot.com/

Very good. Great improve. Do you drink milk ?

I do not drink milk. It's very unhealthy for you. I'm pretty much a vegan at this point.

As I mentioned, there is no one cure for all. But those who insist that people who say that diet has helped, should share before and after photos to prove that they are telling the truth, I say this is overreacting. The same for those who say that diet didn't make a difference. If s/o says that a change of diet did not improve their p, why not assume they are being truthful? Common sense and the facts have proven that p is unique to every individual. Someone said that applying urine to p improved her p-good for her. Or that ocean water made a dramatic difference-good for him. Some prefer conventional medication as a matter of preference, others must depend on conventional meds b/c diet doesn't improve their p-we must use what works! I say thank goodness for conventional and thank goodness for alternative! Let's assume everyone on board is being honest and stiop asking for proof.

** Originally posted by MadCat **

Well becoming vegan certainly helped my P ~ although I took it one step further and went raw vegan.

I would like to have a colonic but I can’t because I an I.B.D.

Because I can’t have a colonic, fresh organic vegetable juicing and dry skin brushing are both vital for me, as they help to reduce and remove toxins.

I have heard that colonics are completely painless. Actually fairly pleasant and very relaxing and that you feel lighter and euphoric afterwards. Can anyone confirm this?

A colonoscopy is hideous, I have had two. Well the actual procedure is straight forward but the drink they give you beforehand is disgusting and a hideous experience.

I wish I had some before and after photos to show. I have actually destroyed most of the photos that show me with P because they were just too awful to look at.

Still 100% P free - its been about 16 months now.

MC

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders