How I Cured My Psoriasis With An Anthropologically Correct Eating Regimen

I was diagnosed with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in 1979 at age 25.

It tortured me for years. Intermittent flare ups turned into large, permanent plaques on my torso, elbows, eyelids, inner ear, head, groin and buttocks.

The pain and discomfort was so bad some days I considered giving up.

In 2001 I had a particularly bad outbreak. I was living in a beautiful house on a lake but didn't know I was allergic to a mold that grew profusely in the water there.

Within a year my allergies were so bad I could barely breath, and my psoriasis was as bad as it had ever been in my life. My skin was cracked and bleeding through my shirts. I threw dozens of them away.

One day, out of desperation, as NONE of the usual ointments and UVB light treatments were working, I sat down and thought of what possible natural solution might at least lessen my suffering.

I decided to start with food. I needed to lose about twenty-five pounds, which made my psoriasis even more painful.

One day, it came to me as I was brewing on the subject: WHAT DID WE AS HUMAN BEINGS EAT BEFORE WE HAD ANY TOOLS OR AGRICULTURE?

Certainly not any sugar. I knew from years of trial and error that foods high in sugar --- I LOVE PASTRY AND COFFEE!! -- made my psoriasis worse.

So, I devised an eating plan that I felt would help me.

NO:
Sugar(s) -- including any type of pasteurized fruit juices, honey, maple syrup, etc.
Grain(s) -- of any type including rice.
Dairy Products of any type
Oils -- with the exception of cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
Alcohol
Caffeine
Fermented Products -- wine, vinegars, etc.

YES:
Vegetables
Fruit
Berries
Nuts
Animal Proteins -- low fat, skinless chicken, etc. cooked at low temperatures

In six months my skin was completely clear. In addition, my cholesterol went from 288 to 126. My doctor was so shocked he retested my blood. My LDL cholesterol went from 320 to 70 and my triglycerides went from 300 to 65.

Of course, over time, I went back to eating the dangerous and fattening, highly processed diet that I had most of my life. BOOM. My psoriasis came back in spades.

A few years later I tried the A. C. E. regimen again, and, again, in six months, my skin was completely clear.

I've done it five times since 2001. Most recently starting on January 14, 2013. In six weeks the thick, bleeding plaques on my torso were quiet. Smooth. But the skin is still red.

I will keep you posted as my progress continues.

Not an easy eating regimen to stay on, but, I KNOW THAT IT WORKS. I've had over a dozen other people with psoriasis try it and they had the same results...WHILE THEY STAYED ON THE EATING REGIMEN.

430 replies. Join the discussion

Thank you for the detailed information , yes I 100% agree diet works for P, although its very hard to follow gluten free diet , like avoid wheat, rice and all. I am following 60% and my condition is improving day by day.

I have been following a similar diet for 2 months and my skin is almost clear after 8 years of 80% psoriasis all over my body. I hope this thread is taken seriously as it has been the only treatment that has worked for me. The tide has turned...now my friends are telling me that my skin looks perfect!

Look like you are very confident now. please do share your detailed diet regimen so I can also follow and clear my "P"

Looking forward for your support.

So did this diet help your PsA with less pain and inflammation

Very interesting. I am gluten and sugar free but have yet to remove coffee and dairy. A friend recently suggested that removing dairy may help my aches and pains. Thank you for sharing this!

Thank you for sharing! I would like to ask you...did you continue taking any medicaitons when you changed your eating style? I have changed my way of eating, but I'm scared to stop (or to cut back on) my Soriatane. I wonder sometimes though if the Soriatane is hurting more than its helping right now. I am so afraid of flaring up again though, I just can't stand the thought of being that itchy again.

Is this also known as the Paleo diet? I've been on a 80% pescetarian diet and have cut out most sugars and refined carbohydrate but never did see any improvements in my skin obviously. I'm really keen on this diet now though...how long did it take before you saw improvements?

Snarky. I think you're correct about diet. The only think I don't get is caffine. I see that can be a culprit on other posts as well. But why? Does anyone else know? Absolutley already given up a ton!

Thank you for sharing. I have given up dairty (I use soy milk), gluten, alcohol, sugar and the nightshades. My psoriasis is sooooooooooooooo much better. However, I am taking 4 methotexrate pills each week. I bought and have read Dr. Pagano's book. I wonder if colonics are really that important. Sounds like you, Snarky, did not resort to that. I still drink decaffenated coffee and I do eat rice and quinoa. Hmm... maybe I need to go a little more extreme.

I really apprec iate hearing that diet plays a big role in our disease because sometimes I wonder about that.

Thank you. I'm going to give it a go!

Yes! This is what everyone has to do. Allergy testing.. I also cured mine this way,
Blessings all

Oh! I forgot to mention..Don't mix protein with carbs also.. Very important.
Read Dr Hayes book. DON'T MIX FOODS THAT FIGHT.. By Doris Grant and Jean Joyce.
He mentions psoriasis in this book.

I am also interested in learning more about your diet and diet regimen. Please let us know.

Thank you!

thanks for the input. I will try. will be hard but worth a try.

hi, im glad ur diet worked for, i have also tryed a gluten free, diet an it really help me, thanx for your support , all the best,!

I LOVE BEER!!!!! Ill die without gluten

LOL @ Alex...you might not be allergic to gluten; only way to tell for sure is to see a food allergist.

I used the following medication to clear the lesions - diprosalic ointment for stubborn lesions and elomet lotion for sensitive areas like the scalp, neck, etc

Eating Plan - no dairy, gluten, limited beef, no preservatives and limited alcohol

No - coffee with milk tea with milk, flour, bread of any kind, cake, biscuits, milk chocolate, milk, cream, butter, yoghurt,wheat, cereals, pasta, occasional 2 glasses of wine

Yes - soy milk, nut milk, rice milk, coconut milk, green vegetables, carrots, celery, sweet corn, rice, occasional potatoes, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, mayonnaise, ham, 70% plus chocolate, corn chips, egg or rice noodle, margarine,most fruit and lots of WATER!

Toiletries

In the past, my skin was very sensitive and became very itchy when I put on any kind of cream so I changed to gel, ointment and lotion.

Shampoo - Avalon therapy shampoo

Soap - I make my own which is SLS free - much quicker than shopping!

Household cleaning - I personally think many cleaning products are highly toxic for people with sensitive skin so I use it as a concentrate instead by adding lots of water.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I use gluten free flour e.g. rice flour. To make breadcrumbs, I make glutinous rice cakes and then process them - my teenage boys can't tell the difference between my crispy chicken and restaurant crispy chicken!

Have been living without gluten since Dec. 2012. Gave up dairy (with the exception of aged cheeses) since Jan 2013. Amazing results. Reduced sugar intake (with the exception of naturally occurring sugars in fruits) Stopped drinking beer altogether--and I LOVE beer. Pleased to say most of my PPP has cleared. I can now tell immediately what I should not eat or drink--within minutes I begin to itch and my skin gets hot. Vegetables are the way to go . . .organic when possible. Only alcohol I find I can drink without side effects is apple cider. A real bonus for the pain.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders