How can I tell if it's athlete's foot or psoriasis?

** Originally posted by spottedcat83 **

Hi, folks. Okay, I have plaque psoriasis here and there all over me. I also have gotten what I have thought was athlete's foot now and then, too.

Is there a way of telling the two apart when it happens between the toes?

5 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by elliott **

Try kicking a football through the goal posts. If you miss its psoriasis. If you make the three points it's athletes foot:rolleyes:!

** Originally posted by Followell **

Hi, folks. Okay, I have plaque psoriasis here and there all over me. I also have gotten what I have thought was athlete's foot now and then, too.

Is there a way of telling the two apart when it happens between the toes?

a simple quick scrape of it at the derm's office should tell. good luck! (LOL Elliott!)

Try kicking a football through the goal posts. If you miss its psoriasis. If you make the three points it's athletes foot:rolleyes:!

*falls off chair laughing*

That sounds like as good a method as any!

a simple quick scrape of it at the derm's office should tell. good luck! (LOL Elliott!)

Thanks! Now to convince the doctor to send me to a derm... why do GPs always think they don't need to refer? *sigh* But I'll try asking.

** Originally posted by TaraFIU **

Yeah, getting to the derm is your best bet at a diagnosis.

If you can't get to the derm for a while, I would recommend using OTC antifungals to treat the (suspected) althlete's foot. If it doesn't respond to antifungals, then it is probably p.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders