GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today for my bottle of lemon flavored cod liver oil.... :D lucky me!
Anyway while there I decided to get some GSE to try on my scalp...this is very potent stuff...you can only use drops for various things...anyone on antisuppressant should not take it......if on blood thinner too......
I have been googleing it for different things...here is one for psoriasis

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:xsdr6XSi9c0J:www.pureliquidgold.com/ecze maesoriasis-part2.htm+grapefruit+seed+extract+psoriasis&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://www.pureliquidgold.com/customercomments.htm customers comments

http://www.pureliquidgold.com/eczemaesoriasis.htm scalp problems

39 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by soleil **

Thanks..somebody had posted something on Grapefruit seed in this forum and I had already decided to get some and tell family to use it too. After reading all these things, I'm going to go today and buy it! Both for the psoriasis and all the other things too. Especially the way it deals with viruses and wards them off. I'm thinking the inner ear thing for me (dizziness) is from a herpes-type virus, the type of virus that will go dormant and then active. Anway, it's worth a try. Regardless of whether it works for that, i think this sounds like just an excellent all-around must-have for achieving and maintaining good health.

:)

how do you do the smilies in text?

** Originally posted by grannyfranny **

Hi soleil

To put a smiley in the text,,, :) make sure your cursor is where you want a smiley, then just click on the one you want. :)

** Originally posted by Dulane **

Granny,
The smilies here don't work the same. You just use the colon and parenthesis keys, and the letter D or the little o or some of the other combos. You can also use a semi colon and the right side parenthiesis key.

You forget which forum you are posting on!

testing :rolleyes:

again;)
they both work!

this Pure liquid gold site is so interesting ....You can spend hours in there reading about things...here is an explanation on what happens when you eat :p

http://www.pureliquidgold.com/digestive_system.htm

** Originally posted by ARL **

Well I read and read,,,another interesting link.... I wish they sold products made from this....

** Originally posted by timothy41 **

:D OMG, I just saw this post and it reminded me of years ago when my gram used to squeeze grapefruit juice in my hair because I had bad dandruff as a kid. This was back in 1970. It never seemed to help, I guess because it is the seeds that hold the secret not the grapefruit, right? Any ways gram swore by grapefruit for everything and ate it every day, she lived without many medical problems till she was 93.

Thanks for the reminder, maybe I’ll get the real stuff and try it. Is their a difference between the juice, the fruit, and the seeds?

Tim,,,from reading Sally's link,,,I think it is the Grapefruit Seed Extract.
If you try it, please let us know if it helps.

Hi Tim,,,where have you been??? I'm sure your gram had quite a few of remedies.... :)

Thanks Gran and arl. I was hoping sally could clarify it for me cause I don't have a seed grinder :D

I have been unable to find any info on what the diff is between the seed and the juce...

Tim,,,,the seed extract is made from the seeds and the juice is the juice,,,you know,,,the stuff you drink! :) Do not take it if you take Lipitor, but I don't think you take that,,,do you? I always ask my pharmacist about supplements and my prescription meds. A good pharmacist sometimes knows more than doctors about what not to take.

Here is a link,,,this site tells a lot about the GSE and what it can be used for. it comes in a powder or liquid. If you decide to try it, check with your local health food store.
http://www.health911.com/ailments/more/mo-ph110.htm

If you use it,be sure to let us know if it works. Sally has a battle with scalp p.

Gran and Tim,,,I think Sally is churning her butter...... :D

Gran and Tim,,,I think Sally is churning her butter...... :D

maybe we could add some GSE to it :D and rub it on our scalps.

But I still want to know why the seed has more healing properties then the juice....

No, granny the only med I use is enbrel, and I am clear but I want to stop it. I just don't want the p back, esp the scalp p back!!

Hi Tim I searched for an explanation but couldn't find one...it is out there somewhere.... :p Anyway I've always heard that seeds pack the punch in foods...they carry the ability for growth with lots of good enzymes and all that stuff......the juice is good too but doesn't have the potency that the seeds have...
I'm going to be a guinea pig here and try the internal use of the GSE since I've tried every thing I can think of for scalp P....I know it has to be something coming from inside that is causing the scalp P. So I started taking 15 drops of GSE in fruit juice 3 x a day......Oct 14th (my 55th anniversary yesterday) It seems everything I try for the scalp it gets better....for a while then gets worse.....it is in my ears and behind them also down the forehead about 1 inch.
The brand I'm using is made by NutriBiotic....and is 67% vegetable glycerine and 33% Citricidal (grapefruit seeds) I am going to order the Pure Liquid Gold
brand as it is higher strength 60% Citricidal ...40 % vege. glycerine.

Here is a good excerpt on what it does for the user....

Another important benefit of grapefruit seed extract is that it is helpful in alkalizing the blood. Alkalizing the body fluids (raising pH) is one of the single most important health regeneration benefits available as disease causing microforms (fungi, bacteria, virus etc.) cannot survive in an alkaline oxygenated environment. Though lemons, limes, and grapefruits are chemically acid, tests show that when they are metabolized in the body they actually have an alkalizing effect. They have very little sugar and they contain an abundance of oxygen. This is a plus for anyone fighting candida or any other disease. Conclusion: Eat more fresh vegetables and less processed foods as most all vegetables are alkaline forming in the body.

** Originally posted by Libran **

since this is a GSE thread, adding this here....

was looking at NOW foods trying to c if their SE is inner bark, since its not specified, so emailed them..

Searched for GSE and got this page... all "Other Ingredients" seem nice including GSE ....

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=3879

Sally.. for internal consumption, now says its quite safe, but they hv to toe FDA's line.... they recommend 3-4 drops in a glass of juice.. so be careful since u r using it in higher concentration but its safe for a few days i guess... all the best

http://www.nowfoods.com/?cat_id=2097

** Originally posted by patti2957 **

I was about to hit the PA section and saw this thread on GSE. Did I see where somebody said not to take it if you're on immunosuppressants? i.e., mtx? There is a dose in one of the vitamins I take, part of a Metabolic Nutritional System supplement.
It also contains, grape seed, milk thistle, garcinia, moomiyo and others that I haven't researched since starting mtx.
Any advice on the need to and/or how to pick apart the ingredients?
thanks,
patti

Patti,,,,are you confusing "grape seed" with "grapefruit seed"?

** Originally posted by patti2957 **

No, it has both! Along with many other things that are helpful, I'm sure.
If you know whether or not grapefruit seed interacts with immuno's let me know.
thanks,
patti

Patti,,,I'm not sure,,,I know that you are not supposed to take grapefruit with Lipitor. It will slow down the action of Lipitor.
I'm doing some research when I can.

** Originally posted by abbyroad **

hey Sally,
thanks again for all your info about Grapefruit Seed extract...
I just got back from Vitamin Shoppe as well and picked up the NutriBiotic GSE liquid concentrate along with ORANGE flavored Cod liver oil... :o

anyway, as per your regimen I am starting off with 10 drops a day...and see how it goes!

still a member of Sally's Slippery Elm Gang,
Abby
:)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders