Long time reader, years, first time poster =">
Been browsing an reading so many posts over the last couple of years and guess I should contribute...
I'm 25 and have had P since 17, been through the ups and downs - it's like being in a battlefield =S
Started with PUVA then NUVB + methotrexate. I stopped the UVB and methotrexate because of the M side effects. Started a raw/vegan lIke diet and got kind of cleared but I was impatient and just miss good food so much. So I was on a half diet, gluten/dairy/beef/nightshades/pork free and from this forum heard of Champori.
Tried that for a while but stopped since it was so enpensive >.< works wonders though!!! Dang =O!!!...
Started in Cyclosporine a couple months back but I weened myself off that too and am kind of on the diet again. And then I tried the amazing Glycerin, it does decrease the scaling but I keep getting new spots all over!! I mixed it with Vaseline the last 2 days and it does work better. Not any clearer yet so let's try something else...
Since indigo naturalis was the main ingredient in the Champori, I'm mixing some in to see how it works out. Just mix until I get a navy blue shade. First day trying that combination today so will keep you all updated, hopefully it will work =]
I know that some of u want to try the indigo but don't know where to get it, besides online. If you actually just copy down the Chinese name, maybe a picture too, and go to a local Chinese herb store (look around china town), they have it for pretty cheap.
I got 3g for $1, I think it's 3g...was quite a good amount, enough to mix a couple of batches!!
And now....the waiting fr results begin...so impatient...
**Guess I'll just update my progress on the openning post to make it easier ^^
1) Before starting with my Glycerin + Vaseline + Indigo mixture : I had actually used some steroid cream 2 days before, that's why it looks pretty. Before those 2 days, I had tried the pure Glycerin for about 1.5 weeks - the G did make me feel better for the first couple of days but then new spots started to pop up and it was really freaking me out! Does it not look quite inflammed?
2) 3 days after I started with the mixture, applying 3 times a day (just like Champori). Notice that it does look less inflammed and the redness has decreased.
3) 8 days later : The spot looks a little bigger huh? Well...I think I don't do so well with the Glycerin, it stops working for me after a couple of days and makes things worse >.< (just my luck). I had removed the Glycerin completely from my mixture for the last 3 days and am now just using Vaseline mixed with Indigo Glycerin. It's starting to fade again, thankfully!!
I had just applied the mix a couple hours ealier that's why it looks kinda blue but it is less red =]...
*If Glycerin works for you, i recommend to mix it into the mix too - it just sucks for me.
4) Day 15 : The spot on my stomach is so stubborn >.< It does bigger huh? but the thing is that it is thining at the same time so I would consider it good. I'm thinking my spots are so crazy cuz I'm probably going through Cyclosporine withdrawal or something -_-"
It still looks less inflammed though, so that's good
- I've realized that the Indigo Naturalis is not the main ingredient in the Champori that gives it that kick, although it does help with the inflammation alot! The scaling has decreased but slowly.
I've added a tiny bit of the Glycerin back into my mixture and it seems to be holding, guess I can only tolerate small amounts.
- Has anyone ever read the ingredient list for the Champori cream? One of the incgredients listed is something called Centella Asiatica:
Centella Asiatica - 积雪草 (Chinese name)
I actually ordered from that website but due to mail service strike in Canada it hasn't come yet so I got a small amount at the herb store. I just show them the chinese name and say I want it. I got a good little bit for $0.50...It kinda looks like a bush huh?
I didn't have a coffee grinder so I just used the Magic Bullet to grind it up for mixing, if you do have a coffee grinder I suggest you use that.
If any of you has ever used Champori, you would've have notices the tiny little leaf like things in it...I think this is what it is.
So I've been useing my new mixture for about 2 days now and I can say that it's pretty amazing. I don't know if it's the whole combination of just the herb itself but the scaling has decreased almost completely! Maybe about 5 of my medium sized spots kind of scaled today and not like gros scaling but just a thin. This other herb does make a difference.
Here's a huge spot on my arm that has been slowly clearing from the Indigo + Vaseline but was still kind of scaling. No scaling at all today! and it looks alot lighter to me too, I should've took a before picture to show you.
I will post updated pictures in a couple of days, hopefully it continues to get better.
Edited June 21, 2011 at 12:08 am