Glycerin USP

SO today is day one after using Glycerin USP for the first time I was a little shy about using it at first i've tryed so many things. Yesterday i decided to try it and went on a request to find it rite aid carries it unless some of you are having trouble finding it. Anyways applied it last night when i woke today i could tell improvement with my P i still have some plaque but nothing like i normally do my P sports even look less read and more like my normal skin color im not going to say this stuff works just yet but i can say it helps for only 5 bucks a bottle i paid it worth a try folks ill post my progression as it goes anyone else having amazing results ?

11 replies. Join the discussion

Amazing results? No. But after two weeks I am getting some definitive results on my PPP. Glycerin is both cheap and harmless. I think all psoriasis sufferers should give it a try.

_Lazza

I started using it a week ago. I think I see some improvement in some tough spots. What I know for sure is that mosquitos love this stuff. I can't even go outside for a few minutes without them swarming around me. Anyone else notice this or maybe there are more mosquitos this year?

Ive been using it a week. Havent seen any improvement yet but will keep you posted.

I've been using it for about 3 weeks and have noticed a definite improvement on some of my tougher spots:-)

Amazing results with glycerine - yes I must say although there is still a long way for me, I think.

I have been quite sad about my P because nothing seems to help.
Have been trying a lot of different steroid creme on advice from the doctor.
Last time I visited the doctor he said that the only thing left to try is bio-treatment or UV treatment.

I decided not to put more money in the project and instead start to work my mind accepting that this will never go away.
This winter I stopped using anything other than a good skin lotion.
I simply did not want to pay so much money on a treatment with such bad results and put harmful stuff on my body several times a day.

Last week I found this website and I am just so happy i did.
After reading several glycerin threads I suddenly realised that we actually had a botlle in our house which I use for the childrens bubbles.
I imm. started to use the G and after 8 days of 2-3 times daily use I see remarkable improvements on app. 50% of the spots.
I have 11 spots on my legs and 2 big areas on the elbows.
1 spot on my thigh (acutally the oldest one) is almost gone.
My elbows are soft and almost no flakes but still very red. I think I see some small improvement on the elbows - seems like the big areas are breaking op to a lot of smaller spots.

The spots on my lower legs are flaming red and seems like no improvement yet although there are almost no flakes left. Actually it looks a bit like burning marks but I hope this is just a part of a good proces.

So I did not get nice clear skin in a week, but I think that G is helpful for me.
Glycerin is already the best treatment I have tried - and I hope to report back within a few weeks with further progress.

So far - thanks to all (especially Brian) for adding all the posts about Glycerine.
I wish the best for all of you !

recently joined up after years of ignoring my barnacles.
but they started to worsen this year and i been scratching to excess., Used to use vaseline, a too-oily bedfellow. Someone gave me a bottle of lotion with a smattering of elements discussed here after i searched out this site where there is a lot of glycerin talk, Been using it 3x daily for a week,,, everything is red and perhaps covered with a thin "hard" oily layer....something may be happening, but the clock ticks....am not bothered by glcerin's sticky texture, as some report--it is way better than vaseline

Using it a week.Definitely some improvement,but nothing magical yet.I will post my progress in a few weeks.

Hi--I just started using the glycerin yesterday and really hoping it works..I was just wondering does it make your scales really dry out and bleed? thanks jane

Hi Jane, no...it will make your scales feel good. You definitely will not dry out.

About the redness: when the surface P.-skin stops thickening, and goes flat and thin, the skin becomes more "translucent", and the red from all the mass of capillaries needed previously to keep it growing (about 4-7X as fast as normal skin) show through. They will close off and recede as the "need" for them has gone. The "breaking up" is one of the last stages. Here's a brief list, but note that the timing varies from days to weeks for each step:

1. easing of flaking and itching
2. Exposure of underlying skin in a bright red patch (excess capillaries that supplied the P.-skin).
3. Changing to pink as capillaries close off.
4. Mottling and breakup of patch.
5. Shrinking of each sub-patch.
6. Clearing of skin. (Continue application for a few days to a week afterward, to prevent recurrence.)
7. If some discoloration is left, continued use will usually get rid of that over a period of a few weeks.

i have a bottle of glycerin u.s.p. 4 fl oz. i used on my feet and it did nothing at all but made them feel like i was walking on oil. i have been dealing with my feet since 1997. it say's on it. emollient for external use only. hope this helps some

try and have a good day all

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders