Gerson Therapy For Psoriasis

** Originally posted by octavia **

Dear Fellow Sufferers:

I just watched a movie I highly recommend to all those of you who are suffering from Psoriasis. It's called "The Gerson Miracle" and you can find it on Netflix. I have been suffering from psoriasis since I was 12, I am now 36. I have looked for cures everywhere and I have tried mostly everything and my condition has only gotten worse over the years. The only therapies that have ever helped me, have been natural, alternative therapies and I truly believe it's the only way to cure this illness. It's really difficult to do, but, if you have the courage and will to put this disease behind you forget all the drugs and do something radical with yourself.

Follow the Gerson Therapy and see what happens. Start with me. I am starting today! I believe wholeheartedly that this will be my saviour... I can not take it any longer... there are little piles of pealed skin following me everywhere. I itch, I am uncomfortable, I have lesions everywhere: legs, back, torso, arms, scalp. I sratch and bleed all over, I can never wear white clothes because I never know if I will be bleeding... It's impossible!

Believe with me and lets prove the world that this disease is curable! I am starting my journey into healing today. I am basically following what you can find here:
http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/Gerson_Therapy.html
and I also ordered the Gerson Therapy book from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gerson-Therapy-Nutritional-Program-Illnesses/dp/15756 66286
I'll post and keep everyone updated of my progress.
Wish me luck and join me!
Thanks,
Octavia

11 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by MadCat **

Octavia

As I wrote under the thread...... “Anyone with psoriasis for 15 years or more and tried dieting methods”:

I can't your open link.

I thought The Gerson Therapy was for specifically treating cancer only?

I have not really looked into it fully, I only know about it because I saw an interview with Charlotte Gerson a few years ago.

Plus they promote healthy eating and juicing - which I discovered when searching for a juicer to buy.

Is it the same one you are talking about?

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

Octavia

As I wrote under the thread...... “Anyone with psoriasis for 15 years or more and tried dieting methods”:

I can't your open link.

I thought The Gerson Therapy was for specifically treating cancer only?

I have not really looked into it fully, I only know about it because I saw an interview with Charlotte Gerson a few years ago.

Plus they promote healthy eating and juicing - which I discovered when searching for a juicer to buy.

Is it the same one you are talking about?

The links opened right away for me. Could your computer be blocking certain websites (antivirus software being overprotective-lol)? You may have to allow pop ups or something.

gerson therapy is not only for cancer sufferers...
it became famous for treating cancer but he had results with many other diseases including skin tuberculosis, and among many other autoimmune disorders, psoriasis...
psoriasis is an autoimmune disease... it is the body's way of saying that things are in some way out of wack... nutrition, pollution, stress, environmental or psychological pollution.... all has it's part in creating this lack of balance...
when you take on a treatment like the gerson therapy or raw food diet, you enable the body to come back in balance when it's back in balance it has the ability to fight any form of disease on it's own.

wanted to mention that i was reading angela stokes blogs on raw food and somewhere in there she mentions that she suffered of a psoriasis outbreak... her implied claim was that psoriasis has to do with too much candida in the system... and that by adopting a diet that starves the candida one can eliminate the psoriasis... i read into this and it seems that there is a link between candida and psoriasis. has anyone else encountered this link?

The links opened right away for me. Could your computer be blocking certain websites (antivirus software being overprotective-lol)? You may have to allow pop ups or something.

No, just won't open - keeps freezing!

there is a link between candida and psoriasis. has anyone else encountered this link?

Lazza talks about it a lot.

you enable the body to come back in balance when it's back in balance it has the ability to fight any form of disease on it's own.

Yes, that pretty much sums up my experience.

looks like someone out there has done it and got results!

check this out:

http://curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=327187

** Originally posted by lazza **

Lazza talks about it a lot.

For anyone interested in Candida and a possible link to psoriasis I suggest reading this book by Dr. William Crook (, MD):

http://www.amazon.com/Yeast-Connection-Handbook-William-Crook/dp/0757000606 /ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1287404976&sr=8-4

He refers to a couple of published medical reports that say 10-20% of psoriasis patients show significant improvement in their condition upon taking a course of anti-fungal medication.

I used various supplements to combat Candida; I suspected I had Candida because of recurrent jock itch infections and I suffered from irritable bowel syndrome. When I started on these supplements my P flared, although not terribly. After several weeks my P calmed down and the Candida symptoms cleared.

Did the anti-Candida supplements help with my psoriasis? Perhaps, although it is hard to say because my psoriasis was already in good shape after several months of dieting. So in my opinion:

- taking anti-Candida supplements makes sense if you exhibit Candida overgrowth symptoms (..the above mentioned books talks about these symptoms). However I wouldn't take them just because I had psoriasis. I would just take probiotics.

- immediate impact on psoriasis might not be readily apparent. Why? Perhaps because any damage to the colon lining caused by Candida takes time to heal. There are supplements, such as L-glutamine, that supposedly help heal a damaged colon lining.

I hope this helps.

_Lazza

** Originally posted by Sarah29 **

Follow the Gerson Therapy and see what happens. Start with me. I am starting today! I believe wholeheartedly that this will be my saviour... I can not take it any longer... there are little piles of pealed skin following me everywhere. I itch, I am uncomfortable, I have lesions everywhere: legs, back, torso, arms, scalp. I sratch and bleed all over, I can never wear white clothes because I never know if I will be bleeding... It's impossible!

Believe with me and lets prove the world that this disease is curable! I am starting my journey into healing today. I am basically following what you can find here:
http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/Gerson_Therapy.html
and I also ordered the Gerson Therapy book from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gerson-Therapy-Nutritional-Program-Illnesses/dp/15756 66286
I'll post and keep everyone updated of my progress.
Wish me luck and join me!
Thanks,
Octavia

It has been a while since you posted. How is your Gerson journey going so far?

I've known about Dr. Gerson and his healing practices for about a year. I was doing okay until my juicer broke. It took me a while to save enough money to buy a GS 5000 and to find a website that offers therapeutic coffee specifically for coffee enemas. I'd like to compare notes with you.

** Originally posted by trancer **

isn't this just another vegeterian cure all ?
I'd rather go fasting than try that because many if not all vegetables have some defensive toxins in them whereas I know that there are benefits to fasting.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders