Genetics of Psoriasis

I found a really great article discussing the genetics of ps......I hope that you guys find this valuable.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v492/n7429_supp/full/492S56a.html

4 replies. Join the discussion

Fascinating although I admit I don't understand much of it. Anyone with a medical degree out there who wants to clarify?

Lol basically by figuring out what causes ps or identifying the genes helps greatly towards possibly finding a cure :)

Yes, I understand that--but it's still gobbledygook even to this PhD. I have IP and scalp psoriasis and wonder why at 67 I'm blessed with this disease? Is it linked to being hypothyroid? Is it linked to other serious diseases, heart disease, diabetes, etc. which I have researched a bit? Why this? Why now? Are my genes programmed to create the conditions for this disease on cue at this point in my life? What's the cue? I have a lot of questions and evidently science has not yet come up with the answers. Thanks for any enlightenment you can give me.

Thanks for the article. I understood bits and pieces. Sooo many questions...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders