Essential Oil Recipe for Psoriasis

Hi all,

Does anyone have a great essential/body oil recipe with measurements for psoriasis.

52 replies. Join the discussion

I have had moderate success with Champori not sold in stores. It comes in ointment and spray. I have plaque P and only on area that are not crusty it dose woke fairly well like on my face. I apply it twice a day and it clears up in 2-3 days. I recommend it only for spots as it is pretty heavy and putting clothes on right after applying it won't work. It is thick like Vaseline but again there is a spray. If you opt for the ointment rub in in, don't just put it on. I have tried nearly every thing there is and this stuff has done better than all the others.

I use coconut oil mixed with melaleuca oil and either lavender oil or bergamot oil. I use these all mixed together in my bath - 5-6 drops or I just do that many drops in my hand and rub that on me wherever the P is on my body. I then pat dry after bath or shower. It helps me a lot when I really get to itching.

In an applicator bottle I put coconut oil, lavender, melaleuca and geranium oils. I apply to the lesions a couple times a day. It has flattened the p and is making them smaller.

a bit about Champori http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sshIdFLmX7Y

hi am new to this inspire page, i have been diagnosed psoriasis a few months now, so i am also quite new to this, my whole body including my face is covered by it. it is so itchy and not sure if the creams that the doctor has prescribed for me is actually working, i have been told it takes months to clear up but under the scaly dry skin its always red, am considering a food allergy test.
can some one please tell me whats works quick. and relieves my itching thank you very much

lavender essential oil for itching.

that old Champori SCAM ad w/ that young girl is just another internet ploy to make $$$ on line
Many on here used it and could not get their $$$ back when it did not work...remember there R NO CURES yet,
so if it worked...the world would know!

Use tea tree oil topically. I am used to the smell but some don't like it. Comes in a shaker bottle so just shake a small amount on your P and gently rub in. Works like a charm. Helps the P to heal.

I have been experimenting with many different recipes for creating cream, ointment, and lotion for helping to ease the pain, flare's, and itching of psoriasis. I have been using this particular recipe with good results:
1- 3 oz 100% Organic Coconut oil
2- 3 tablespoons Jojoba oil
3- 3 tablespoons Vit. E (35,000-50,000 IU) oil-or you can puncture Vit. E capsules into the mixture
4- 3 tablespoons Argan oil
5- 14 drops Lavender oil
Mix all of the above well, an then put into airtight jar. best to use when u first come out of the shower, apply generously. Then during the day try to apply at least 4x a day for the first 2 weeks until you see some improvement, but most important the itching should be diminished, and skin feeling very, very smooth.
Good Luck
dashn1

Thanks to all of you. I've had a huge flare up and although the ones on my upper body don't bother me the ones on my legs do as It got soo bad that I was on bed rest. My legs began to swell and I was in alot of pain. Thank God the worse is over but I can't seem to get the psoriasis to disappear from my legs. I switched to sensitive skin detergent and I'm taking Vit E, D, B12, Selenium, Evening Primrose, Vit C, a Probiotic and have cut down on eating white flour. Sometimes I drink apple cider vinergar. I also dirink a blend of Kale, Celery, Romaine Lettuce, Cucumber and Apple in the Morning. I blend not juice. I've also switched to almond milk rather than cow's milk. I don't drink alcho, don't smoke and I've stop drinking regular tea and coffee because I need sugar with them and the caffeine is not good. I know it takes time but Geez I need a breather. Sometimes I will cling wrap by legs after I have used Vaseline. Feels soo good when I do that but then it comes back dry but not very worse. I'm also doing Ozone Sauna Therapy and Rife. Has helped a bit. Enbrel, Neotigason and Methotrexate has not worked. Good luck to all of you.

my dear you are having to go thru a lot. i would love to be able to help you. you have a really GOOD regimine going on already.

i started taking black seed oil, a herbal preparation about a month ago. heard about it on a thread here that has some 800 posts. thread is called - Black Seed Oil - Miracle from God - or something like that.

so, the author of this thread claimed he completely cleared his P in just three months. all kinds of those of us with P got on the band wagon, some seeing improvement in just days.

Me? i am now on my second bottle and i have about 50% clearing so far. mine is plaque and was painful and like concrete because MTX and diprosalic stopped working.

If you want more info please message me here or in private. i will help you in any way i can BUT like i said, you really do have a really good thing going already. Congrats on being so persistent and finding the helps you have.

Take care, Denise

hi IsmailA, a really good anti-itch that actually works (developed by JuliainFLA) is:

put 50% pure glycerin and 50% apple cider vinegar in a spritzer bottle and right out of the shower spritz away while still damp. rub it in gently. have another spritzer for your purse or car. use as much as needed.

alternatively, put 50% glycerin and 50% witch hazel (no alcohol and no scent) into a spritzer bottle and do as above.

i bought the glycerin in a drug store and the witch hazel in a health food store. bought the apple cider vinegar at the grocer.

This works!!!

To JULIAinFLA; Champori DOES work but not in all cases. My Story; 7-8 years ago I tried the green gel on specific area on my stomach and in 2-3 weeks these areas cleared and are still cleared today. Now here is the weird part. I ran out so I reordered after the success I had but this time it did not work. You can search old post I put up about this. I was stunned thinking "did I get a bad batch"? But having tried more than once it still has not cleared other areas. Also I have always said it does not work on scaly areas. It does in fact work for my where my skin is smooth. My face and ears are clear and at one time my face was 40% red but never scaly. I have read on this site and others sometimes P will mutate from a treatment so one time it will work and the next time it will not. I have had plaque P for 30 years and tried them all even that stuff in a blue bottle that worked but was found to be illegal for the steroids in it. One more note about my p- when I first got it I had thick scabs on my scalp the size of a nickel. I went to a doctor in Houston and he injected me in my areas and in a week at the most I was cured of the scabs. The down side of that story I know he shot me with something illegal because the scabs disappeared quickly and never returned, much like the doctor that did it.

i wouldnt mind to be injected with something illegal if it cleared me! :P

I swear by pure kosher vegetable glycerin. I am 100% clear and off mtx now. I get it at www.BulkApothocary.com. It is my miracle.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing :)

Denise

Food allergies are a lot of my problem with P. Wheat is one of the big ones. For me, oats, corn, soy, dairy, peanuts, wines to name a few. If I eat/drink any of these, my P flares up and I am miserable. I itch like crazy and I don't know where to scratch first. Try eliminating wheat first of all, that may help you. I was tested through Nutritional Response Testing from a certified nutritionist on these food items and my body doesn't like them anymore, so I don't eat them. It does make a difference. I can't have a lot of my favorite foods anymore (pizza, bagels, ice cream), but I have had to make other choices... or itch.

I used argan oil for my scalp psoriasis and it worked fro me - the price and quality varies BUT make sure you Dont buy the culinary argan as it is about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike for treating psoriasis- great on a salad. If it comes direct from Morocco it can not be exported without a independent laboratory analysis certificate. The authorities demand this so if your supplier is bona fide then they will have a copy.
I have a house in Morocco so I am fortunate that I can buy it from my neighbor at a fraction of the cost retailers sell it.

Hi Denise and Gray Lady. I just ordered Glycerin from one of the Companies that someone suggested. My question is what kind of soap or body soap should I be using. Someone suggested CLEAN AND CLEAR , but there are so many different kinds. Is there one in particular as a Body or Face Scrup?
You both know so much and have really helped me a lot. My P is really not so bad as I only have it on my fingers. Thank G-D they do not itch. They only peal and crack. I presently only use Vasoline as the steroid creams made me fingers so thin.
Thanks for all your help once again.

Hi IsmaliA...Have you been to a dermatologist? Did he discuss (or are you interested in) oral medications...My opinion is that before you consider food allergies...you may want to 1). See a Dermatologist that is well versed in Psoriasis...someone on this
thread will post the link for a dermatologist in your area. 2)...read as much as you can here on all the threads...3)...know that after
30yrs with psoriasis...that the skin often stays pink even after the scaly stuff goes away...I am an actor and I use a cover up when I
audition and act...on my hands...I don't have it on my face...I take oral meds and most of my psoriais is clear...but like you, if I do not take the meds I am covered from head to toe...but luckily for me not on my face...Good Luck To You...See that dermatologist (dermy) asap...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders