enbrel hope it works

just had first enbel injection cant wait to see results keep you peoples posted on my results

13 replies. Join the discussion

Best of luck!!! I've been away from the boards because I've been on Enbrel and have had great results!!! Good Luck!!!

that is great.
when reading about the effectiveness of treatments - i always trust people with p. more so than dr's and derms.

Thanks , but its only the first injection so I will have to wait and see ,keep u posted with my results

For me it took 2 weeks to see results.

Hi I am new here . I have had p since 2007. When you began enbrel did you begin with 2 shots a week for 3 months or just one shot a week? Thanks

2 50 mg shots per week, Im 6'5" 300 pounds so my dose was substantially higher than most people. and I was on it for about a year then tried humira(sucked for me) then stelera (sucked for me) then back to enbrel lost insurance (because I graduated college and then got a job, have insurance now) getting back on Enbrel next month. IM SO F***ING EXCITED!!! My P is going nuts right now because of the cold and dry.

My son is starting his 5th week of embrel an FINALLY in the last few days his P on his scalp is reduced by 50%, his arm P is turning from red to pink and the skin is thinning, actually starting to look like real skin!!
The legs are not getting better yet. Has anyone experienced that certain body parts heal before others?

With me, my scalp and groin were the first to get better after about 2 weeks. My other plaques never went completely away however they thinned a lot. I found that with the stubborn areas you need to nuke it with topical steroids down to normal then the enbrel will keep it at bay for a long time. Also doing UVB light treatments while taking the biologic is awesome too.

Good Luck

thanks, we started using topicals a week ago. the derm wanted us to only use embrel so he could see if it was working, but we convinced him that we needed to use topicals too. we are heading out of the very cold NY area to florida next week, hoping the natural sunlight will promote healing. good luck to you too.

Thank you everyone for your feedback !! Alex wow only Enbrel worked for you? Glad you will be getting it again :) When I began Enbrel not all the area's were improved but also did the topical to help & most cleared :) . I also read an article & I tried this on my hands. I would use generic clobex on my hands first. let it asborb for a few than put Aquafor over it to seal & cotton gloves on every night. It did work getting rid of most of it on my hands :) I also use pure virgin coconut oil every night all over & it absorbs quickly with Pajama's :) I am looking into 2 products that helped some of my friends. I am not sure if I can mention the names on here since this is my first time but if I can let me know? I am getting one in the mail today and about to order another one. It is worth a try. I also get assistance for my Enbrel through a grant. My income was within the limit so that helped. I can reapply again in April one year after my first application for another grant for Enbrel. Thank you everyone I am so happy I found this forum.

Ok, this is week 3 on enbrel absolutly no side affects yet, I have seen improvements on elbows, thank god, hopefully it will continue all over and I can go to the beach with my wife and kids and do things in everyday life without worry if somebody can see my p and does anybody know how long you can stay on this med. Thanks for reading , will get back later on to let you know how things are going ,until then good luck with what ever you are trying and don't give up something will work hopefully one day

2 prefilled autoinjectors per week for 3 months than just. 1 per wk

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders