Egyptian Magic Cream

** Originally posted by annniee **

I read in a magazine about how all these models were addicted to this stuff .. and when I googled it, I found out it was also good for eczema and psoriasis and a number of other things. I'M HOOKED!! My skin has never felt better!

Report post

13 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by twinieten **

Where might one find this stuff? Do you have a link, or can it be found in local stores?

Report post

** Originally posted by annniee **

I got mine from whole foods store

http://www.egyptianmagic.com/ they have a store locator

Report post

** Originally posted by partial **

Listed ingredients are....

Egyptian Magic Ingredients

olive oil
bees wax
honey
bee pollen
royal jelly
bee propolis
Divine love

Report post

** Originally posted by Ashley23 **

This sounds great I think I will order some or get some in one of there stores! Has it made your P go away? I have heard many people say that even one of those ingredients are good for P so I can imagine it would be be a decent product!
-Ashley

Report post

** Originally posted by annniee **

it's probably the best moisturizer ive ever used. i wouldnt say it has made my P go away bc i started using it when my skin already started healing, but my skin has never felt softer and i use this stuff everywhere. it also lightened the area that my P was darkened and discolored bc of steroid creams.

it is a bit pricey but i think ill still have my 4 oz jar for months.

i use to use vaseline but i stopped using it bc my derm told me vaseline makes your skin lose its ability to keep itself moisturized. has anyone heard this??

Report post

** Originally posted by jimnist10 **

it's probably the best moisturizer ive ever used. i wouldnt say it has made my P go away bc i started using it when my skin already started healing, but my skin has never felt softer and i use this stuff everywhere. it also lightened the area that my P was darkened and discolored bc of steroid creams.

it is a bit pricey but i think ill still have my 4 oz jar for months.

i use to use vaseline but i stopped using it bc my derm told me vaseline makes your skin lose its ability to keep itself moisturized. has anyone heard this??

OOOH, I HAVE to try the Egyptian Magic stuff. I'm always looking for great creams and lotions. I probably go through a bottle of lotion a month.

And to reply to the comment about Vaseline making your skin lose its ability to keep itself moisturized, I've never heard of this, but then again I'm disgusted by Vaseline in general. It has NO vitamins and, like like mineral oil, it clogs your pores and has no moisturizing ingredients like shea butter or olive oil. It's literally a by-product of oil, as in, the oil that gets processed to make gasoline. Yuck! With all the choices out there, I'm not sure why anyone uses vaseline as a "moisturizer." I'm a HUGE fan of Serious Skin Care's Olive Oil Replenishing Body Oil. You can get it on Home Shopping Network. It's AMAZING, although greasy, but in a good way.

Report post

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi jimnist10,
welcome to the p family. you have met some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

have a good weekend all

richard

Report post

** Originally posted by annniee **

OOOH, I HAVE to try the Egyptian Magic stuff. I'm always looking for great creams and lotions. I probably go through a bottle of lotion a month.

And to reply to the comment about Vaseline making your skin lose its ability to keep itself moisturized, I've never heard of this, but then again I'm disgusted by Vaseline in general. It has NO vitamins and, like like mineral oil, it clogs your pores and has no moisturizing ingredients like shea butter or olive oil. It's literally a by-product of oil, as in, the oil that gets processed to make gasoline. Yuck! With all the choices out there, I'm not sure why anyone uses vaseline as a "moisturizer." I'm a HUGE fan of Serious Skin Care's Olive Oil Replenishing Body Oil. You can get it on Home Shopping Network. It's AMAZING, although greasy, but in a good way.

I should definitely try that .. I've been using an avocado oil from whole foods store that I love but i can't resist trying new things ..

Report post

** Originally posted by spinman **

I noticed that one of the main components of Egyptian Magic is honey. I've also read that the candida fungus likes honey among other things. Psoriatics are more prone to fungal infections where they have psoriasis. So is Egyptian Magic really helpful in treating psoriasis?

Report post

** Originally posted by spinman **

I noticed that one of the main components of Egyptian Magic is honey. I've also read that the candida fungus likes honey among other things. Psoriatics are more prone to fungal infections where they have psoriasis. So is Egyptian Magic really helpful in treating psoriasis?

Report post

** Originally posted by jaken **

not to shoot down your hope for this product, but i don't see it doing anything but moisturizing your psoriasis. the only ingredient that may help you in there is divine love. why not just rub vaseline on your skin? probably will do the same thing...probably even cost less.

think about this...if it really did work for psoriasis, your derm (and the FDA!!!) would know about it and suggest you to use it.....not some advertisement.

Report post

** Originally posted by annniee **

it does not claim to heal psoriasis. and i never said it did. i used to use vaseline but my derm told me to stop using it. and like jimnist10 said:

".. I'm disgusted by Vaseline in general. It has NO vitamins and, like like mineral oil, it clogs your pores and has no moisturizing ingredients like shea butter or olive oil. It's literally a by-product of oil, as in, the oil that gets processed to make gasoline. Yuck!"

Report post

** Originally posted by Ashley23 **

Hey I wanted to come back to this thread and ask what is Divine Love?

-Ashley

Report post

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders