DR. JOHN PAGANO'S BOOK

I just recently received DR.JOHN O. A. PAGANO's book. I've followed the diet to the tea for only the last week and a half.....THE P ON MY HANDS AND FEET ARE ALREADY CLEARING A BIT......Seems my scalp and leg is getting worse....I'll,keep ya posted ......
.....I've lived in Costa Rica now for two years . Originally from satellite beach , Florida ....I've had psoriasis for 15 years .

20 replies. Join the discussion

KEEP ME POSTED DUDE READING THE BOOK NOW GETTING GREAT RESULTS SO FAR AFTER YEARS OF PAIN. ADD ME AS A FRIEND!

Sure will bro .... PURA Vida

Hey, I just started doing diet too just in the last week and I feel better already. My p is not as dry but the redness is still very visible.
I have had this rash for over 20 yrs. I have had dr. Pagano's book for probably 2 yrs but I loved food too much. I am so ready to be done with this rash finally. I am praying a lot as I go to socials not to want to eat the bad stuff. Mostly the sugar items tempt me. Any way god bless. Thanks for posting!

I just received the book today, reading it and it really makes sense so far, I love good food, coffee and sweets too so gonna be a big challenge to follow the diet, but I'm more than ready to see this p and Pa bugger off.

I would like to follow this thread......

It's day 9 of DR. PAGANOS healing psoriasis . Last night I was compleatly exhausted and I had no tours yesterday ( white water rafting and tubing in the OSA peninsula of Costa Rica) I think it's because I've had ZERO SUGERand ZERO WHITE FLOUR ...
The amazing thing is I feel great today ( after a cup of 1/2 green tea and 1/2 chamomile tea , tea spoon of Splenda)
The redness in my hands are 80% gone with a little scaling left... I'll keep ya posted

I have been doing the diet too! I have P and PsA... Lesions are already going away but my arthritis is still bad. I am going to keep plugging away at this bc it is working!!

That is awesome - I got the book today! I met with my derm the other day in ref to the P on my palms, fingers and now the inside of both heels. She wants me to start Methrotrexate and Stelara ASAP to clear it up. My gut is telling me not to go this route so after further research and discussions with my family doc I am going on an anti flammatory, PH balanced diet. Best of luck to you and I wll be following your posts!

Osaron how is sticking to the diet going for you. My book is on its way. Is it complicated to follow?

The diet is very simple, he outlines all the foods that are allowed ( anti inflammatory ) and all the ones that will cause inflammation. His slippery elm tea and saffron teas are easy to take. Once I decided I would rather have clear skin that have that latte with dessert, it was easy and I have never looked back. In fact I took it a step further (after I had good clearing) with Dr. Furhman's "Eat to Live" nutritional protocols. I am over 90% cleared and I will never go back to eating the typical North American foods.
Every one has to decide for themselves how they want to clear their skin. I chose a non invasive method as I do not want to take any biological. It takes a lot of commitment .

Hey everyone , to answer a few questions , if its hard to follow the diet . Well for me it's easy, I live in Costa Rica in the southern zone...NO MCDONALD'S OR WENDY'S ON ANY CORNER HERE . When I walk into the mega super , I don't have to pass a mile of bakery goods or candy isles ....it's mainly all fruits and veggies .....The hard part is not having any beer or Jaegermeister :-) for me...It's been about two weeks so I think I'm going to slip out and have a few light beers tonight .....PURA VIDA ......I'LL KEEP YA POSTED

I also avoid dairy and gluten in addition to the diet in the book

Vizgirl , I've also replaced my dairy with Almond Vanalla milk ( all they have as a substitute here in costa besides goat milk ) and also no white breads or flour . Which once again is easer than the states because its mainly corn tortilla 's ..... PURA Vida

This great man deserves recognition. There are so many of us who know drugs like Humira but don't know Dr John Pagano's amazing treatment that has helped thousands of people. Make him known please. What better media exposure than facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=559910700687553&set=a.55991069735422 0.141278.271156542896305&type=1&theater

I went gluten free, and well I found out that beer and wine has wheat. So I research if they have gluten free beer and wine and they do.

I'm home after drinking 10 beers . For me I'm sorry I did. At around 5 beers I felt some pain in my groin area . Thought nothing of it ,
After arriving home tonight my lymph noida on my upper thigh is the size of a quarter .......IM BACK TO THE DIET, NO ALCOHOL....PURA VIDA

Osaronm
alcohol is a major trigger for most psoriatics
I am surprised you do well with corn tortillas as corn is according to Dr.Pagano and others advised. Corn is the most genetically modified grain but that is not the reason. . Unless corn is cooked and eaten soon after it is harvested off the plant with very little standing time it's natural sugars all turn to starch.

visgirl
For general arthritic pain ( not sure about psoriatic arthritis as it depends on how long the joints have been affected) I got fantastic relief from cutting out all grains and meats. I have recently started adding back some chicken and fish a 2 times per week and so far no symptoms yet. I only get wild fish not farmed and either organic or free range chicken.

i'm ignorant to what this book, diet or dr p is all about. so, i think i can sum it up like this.... no food that has been processed, no nightshade vegetables, no sugars, no liqour, soda, no fried foods, no fast food, low fat, no red meat, you can have fish and chicken if you kill and skin it yourself.

am i getting this right so far?

i don't eat regularly enough to change anything, but it seems that others are having some "relief" doing this diet. to me a weight loss diet is to stop eating so much and there you go. i don't have to exercise but my husband does. it seems like every pound that he gains i lose two. or maybe he means for me to disappear (lol)

really to me anyway, everything that i ate as a child, and an adult seems to be "bad for you". i'm just really sick of it and drew the line when i heard that you should limit milk to 8 ounces a day. so i don't listen to anyone or anything that talks about modification. being vegan i guess is okay, but i have a problem with the amount of incomplete proteins that you have to ingest, but to each his own.

so if anyone can enlighten me, i would be grateful.

Dr. Pagano's protocol deals with foods that are inflammatory (not good for psoriasis) and those that are anti-inflammatory ( good for psoriatic patients ) Too much Acidic food is bad, alkaline is good. He has an 80% alkaline to 20 % acidic foods as the best ratio.
From Dr. Pagano's book: Milk is dairy and unfortunately mucous forming. . Psoriasis patients especially those prone to arthritis often experience adverse reactions to all types of of dairy such as: constipation or diarrhea, swelling of hands feet and ankles, joint pain, stiffness,and indigestion any of these symptoms indicate an intolerance to dairy. If one does not exhibit any of these symptoms he advises low fat and low salt dairy. People with psoriatic arthritis in particular should avoid full fat dairy( they not only contain the fats but also the salt), or salty foods
I can not imagine for myself eating only one meal a day. For most people multiple smaller meals is what is recommended.
You can Google Dr. Pagano and find out the theory behind the nutritional protocols.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders